Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

How ruthless are the Bears in marching forward?

Every back made over 100m and five forwards.

When your halves are combining for 300m things are going well. 61 more runs than the Falcons.

Made one line break, just march like ants and then let Rogers and Hamiliton do something.
Sounds like they’re a well coached side who have very clear jobs for each player.

Sounds like they’re a well coached side who have very clear jobs for each player.

Always are well coached and never down. Stone, Lenihan or Burt- always have long term coaches and have success.

Premiers-99, 04, 16, 19,
Grand Finals-03, 05, 23.
Minor premierships-03, 04, 22 and 23.

That's a grand final every four years in the 28 years of Cup.

For comparison Dolphins are six premierships and 7 runners' up over the same time.

Is cony black a chance of debuting for burliegh this weekend? They haven't named a 5/8th ith rogers playing nrl. Also, is he a chance of moving clubs given Hamilton and rogers have a mortgage on the halves spots?

And sounds like paix is killing it in qld cup.... not saying he should jump mozer or get a spot but surely, surely he gets picked up by another club soon.

Is cony black a chance of debuting for burliegh this weekend? They haven't named a 5/8th ith rogers playing nrl. Also, is he a chance of moving clubs given Hamilton and rogers have a mortgage on the halves spots?

And sounds like paix is killing it in qld cup.... not saying he should jump mozer or get a spot but surely, surely he gets picked up by another club soon.
I doubt it, he's playing in the U/19s semi.

Stranger things have happened mind you. Both Brisbane and Melbourne did their affiliates dirty with their Round 27 shenanigans.

I doubt it, he's playing in the U/19s semi.

Stranger things have happened mind you. Both Brisbane and Melbourne did their affiliates dirty with their Round 27 shenanigans.
Cheers for the info. 2 more questions while you're here haha. Is bukowski good enough that we shouldn't get into a bidding war for mozer? And is coby black a higher priority then mozer?

Cheers for the info. 2 more questions while you're here haha. Is bukowski good enough that we shouldn't get into a bidding war for mozer? And is coby black a higher priority then mozer?
Coby Black is 18. Just chill and let him develop. He’s still got a long way to go before he’s playing first grade. We don’t do bidding wars at the Broncos.

Coby Black is 18. Just chill and let him develop. He’s still got a long way to go before he’s playing first grade. We don’t do bidding wars at the Broncos.
Just chill? What am I 12?

I am not saying anything about rushing him into 1st grade or getting into a bidding war. It's about prioritising our spine players, or do you think no club will try to sign them from us? It's something the good clubs do and something we didn't do well throughout the bad period of our history.

Just chill? What am I 12?

I am not saying anything about rushing him into 1st grade or getting into a bidding war. It's about prioritising our spine players, or do you think no club will try to sign them from us? It's something the good clubs do and something we didn't do well throughout the bad period of our history.
We’re a very different club these days. Have some faith.

It's difficult to say since 2024 was such an injury-plagued year for Bukowski. I'd dare say his 2023 was more impressive when he had less disruptions and got to play alongside Black. He's certainly worth persisting with, but he's well off NRL standard. Unless something happens with Paix, I'd be surprised if he plays any QCup this year.

Both Black and Mozer are very similar players to me. They both have a ton of class and they've been the stand-out players of their age group but I wouldn't make any Taumalolo esque long term commitments to either of them. When I watch Black I'm not seeing a young Nathan Cleary and Mozer isn't exactly setting the QCup alight like Grant was at the Falcons. So no, I wouldn't sell the farm to keep either at this stage but they're both highly rated at the club and there's little to suggest either are on the move.

Brisbane have a few alternatives coming through in Braithen Scott, Marley McLaren, Preston Cassidy, Sam Martin and Max Blanch. The Broncos always have quality prospects coming through the pipeline, they just need to track the progress and ensure they're keeping an eye on the market for those blue chip QCup/NSW Cup players who make a huge difference when it comes to balancing the roster.

It's difficult to say since 2024 was such an injury-plagued year for Bukowski. I'd dare say his 2023 was more impressive when he had less disruptions and got to play alongside Black. He's certainly worth persisting with, but he's well off NRL standard. Unless something happens with Paix, I'd be surprised if he plays any QCup this year.

Both Black and Mozer are very similar players to me. They both have a ton of class and they've been the stand-out players of their age group but I wouldn't make any Taumalolo esque long term commitments to either of them. When I watch Black I'm not seeing a young Nathan Cleary and Mozer isn't exactly setting the QCup alight like Grant was at the Falcons. So no, I wouldn't sell the farm to keep either at this stage but they're both highly rated at the club and there's little to suggest either are on the move.

Brisbane have a few alternatives coming through in Braithen Scott, Marley McLaren, Preston Cassidy, Sam Martin and Max Blanch. The Broncos always have quality prospects coming through the pipeline, they just need to track the progress and ensure they're keeping an eye on the market for those blue chip QCup/NSW Cup players who make a huge difference when it comes to balancing the roster.
That is fantastic info. It's always good to hear about the future prospects and depth, the kind of stuff we don't get in the mainstream media unfortunately.

It would be seriously harsh to not let him play his Meninga prelim. He was at Bears Meninga training Monday night too.

He needs to play against the Dolphins and do well for his confidence.

Scott captained the Broncos U17 team v the Cowboys U17 last week to 36-0. I normally find Cyril hard to watch but he is an exception.

Scott captained the Broncos U17 team v the Cowboys U17 last week to 36-0. I normally find Cyril hard to watch but he is an exception.
Excellent info again 1910. This is the stuff us BHQers like. And cheers big Pete, great input as always.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mister Wright
  • LittleDavey
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • sooticus
  • Spoon
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.