PLAYER Reece Walsh

I dont get why people are comparing Slater and Walsh based on tries and try assists, you need much more than that to be a fullback. Slater had a much better all round game for fullback. He was a better defender, and he organised a lot better than Walsh. Reece has a long way to go, and i do think people are a bit premature with the hype he is getting as up there with the greats already. His attacking game is, the rest of his game i dont think is close to Slater or Locky. Hopefully, thats going to develop as the years go by.
You’re criticising people for unfair comparisons by making an unfair comparison. You are comparing Walsh now to Locky and Slater in the later parts of their career when they were the finished product which is silly. Stats don’t tell everything but I can’t see how anyone can say they are not at least on similar trajectories. Will Walsh end up as good as Slater? Maybe, I mean he has all the tools to but there are so many variables you can’t be certain.

I said people are making comparisons based on 2 statistics. Thats not hard to understand either. I never even mentioned anything about peak Billy or even peak Locky. I dont know why you are even bring up players at their peak when i never did. Maybe i needed to make it clearer for people.

Even at the same stages games wise in their careers, i think Slater was a more well rounded fullback. And i personally dont think either were as good as Lockyer was in their early careers. Reece is just more of an excitment machine and in this day and age that creates more headline and hype.

Haters gonna hate . LOL .
Nah I tend to agree . A bit like folks comparing Selwyn to GI .

You’re criticising people for unfair comparisons by making an unfair comparison. You are comparing Walsh now to Locky and Slater in the later parts of their career when they were the finished product which is silly. Stats don’t tell everything but I can’t see how anyone can say they are not at least on similar trajectories. Will Walsh end up as good as Slater? Maybe, I mean he has all the tools to but there are so many variables you can’t be certain.

Where have i compared Walsh to prime Slater or Lockyer? Come on, at least read it properly. I even clarified this in a later post.

Reece has a very high ceiling in terms of his attack. I think his defence and organisation at the moment is lacking, and its behind Locky and Slater at similar stages of their careers imo.

As i said earlier, in this day and age, the hype around players with how social media is is off the charts compare to say when Locky came through.

I said people are making comparisons based on 2 statistics. Thats not hard to understand either. I never even mentioned anything about peak Billy or even peak Locky. I dont know why you are even bring up players at their peak when i never did. Maybe i needed to make it clearer for people.

Even at the same stages games wise in their careers, i think Slater was a more well rounded fullback. And i personally dont think either were as good as Lockyer was in their early careers. Reece is just more of an excitment machine and in this day and age that creates more headline and hype.

I would love to know why he hasn’t signed long term yet.

The more articles I read from this knob jockey......the more I'm inclined to wipe my arse with them

- Dane Eldridge is a warped cynic yearning for the glory days of rugby league, a time when the sponges were magic and the Mondays were mad. He’s never strapped on a boot in his life, and as such, should be taken with a grain of salt.

Active Now

• levikaden
  • kiwibronco
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.