PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

As Kevvie said in the presser Selwyn doesn't care about the scoreboard he just plays footy, which makes me think money won't be a factor in his next contract.

Playing in his preferred position for the club he has always dreamed of playing for.

IMO, he will be similar to Walsh ... i.e. it will take a very big offer to pry him away from us

Images

You don't think though that Cobbo himself not being at centre and not having three quarters of the usual spine there contributed to that though?
I’m not going to accidentally fall into a post criticising Cobbo. I’ll keep it simple and just say that he has limited dimensions at fb currently

I’m not going to accidentally fall into a post criticising Cobbo. I’ll keep it simple and just say that he has limited dimensions at fb currently

Yep limited to catching bombs then running over and around cunz .
He is a better tackler than Walsh and probably safer under bombs . Not a bad limit though .

Tik Tok Stare GIF

Yeah... no. lol - surely you remember him on the wing for a couple of years right?

Compared to 2024 Walshy he`s an upgrade IMO .
I was comparing Selwyn in the Manly game vs Reece this season .

He was good enough on the wing to play for Qld and Australia . I think you need to remember .

The Homer Simpson fade into the bushes move Selwyn pulled the other night was a thing of beauty . Stepped back out of reach , caught the bomb then set sail . Reece would have gotten smashed back into the in goal .

Selwyn will have a game like Friday where he catches everything - in fact it looked like the ball was just falling for him - and then he'll have a game where he just doesn't. But those games seem further apart these days.

He's also good for a few unforced errors a game, and often in bad spots - a drop playing the ball after a strong run in our own end, or like Friday night where he dropped one late having a look and gave the ball back to Manly with time on the clock for them to win it.

I'm still a huge Cobbo fan, and the good definitely outweighs the bad, but I'm definitely in the he's a long-term centre camp.

Yep, agree with a lot of what has been said. I'm happy the way he's progressing though. I think the next level of Selwyn is when he decides to become one of the leaders of the team. I think that game at fullback at least opened the door to that idea for him. Let's all hope he's here for the long term because at 21 still he is going to be something special.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • Financeguy
  • Ondi
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Socnorb
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • azza.79
  • kman
  • broncsgoat
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.