2019 Broncos Line-up

Of course Boyd drops when going gets tough, absolute no heart. It’s about time we hit the boys with real fitness.
Well going by your logic, none of Ofahengaue, Flegler or Perese have heart either as the all also went down ...

I'd back Boyd to absolutely flog you and in every test of courage make you look like a scared little child.

I’m average joe not professional athlete and I’m going off effort given from players.

I’m average joe not professional athlete and I’m going off effort given from players.

Then you have no idea then , boyd is a great trainer and professional. Much like D.lockyer

Last edited:
They are not writing poetry

Teams do not verse each other

Teams play against one another, and this is sometimes expressed as "Broncos versus Roosters" but this does not equate to teams versing each other

Sorry must of skipped over that one.

A serious question..

Would Fensom have played for Queensland by now if he were eligible?

Seems like another NSW player that has been overlooked. Much like another Raider, Alan Tongue.

I'd say he would have been on the radar. We've picked guys like Glasby and Lillyman so anything is possible.

Broncos' Greats To Mentor Current Players
Mon 14 Jan 2019, 10:51 AM
THE Broncos will use some recently-retired club greats to help fine-tune the start to the 2019 NRL season.
Justin Hodges, Corey Parker and Scott Prince are all back in the maroon and gold training apparel.
The three will be at training each Friday as players undergo their position-specific training.
Hodges will be on hand for the outside backs, Prince will be looking over the halves, and Parker will be given the boys up front some instruction.
190111-training-041.jpg

Head coach Anthony Seibold said the trio would provide an impact for the playing group.
"They are just going to come in on Fridays when we are doing our positional specific work," explained Seibold.
"Corey will help Ben Cross with the forwards, while Justin will work with Kurt Richards and the outside backs, and 'Princey' will assist Peter Gentle with the halves.
"They are all guys who have great experience.
"Justin is a Queensland Origin assistant coach this year, Scott is coaching the Queensland under-20s and Corey has played more games as a forward for the Broncos than anyone else.
"The three will be great mentors while we are working specifically on positional play."
The three ex-players had their first session with the squad last Friday, working on different specifics with their appropriate positional group.
www.broncos.com.au

Of course Boyd drops when going gets tough, absolute no heart. It’s about time we hit the boys with real fitness.

And there is the most pathetic post of the year so far.

I'd actually be happy to pick you up, drive you down to training, introduce you to the some of the boys and get you to say that shit directly to Darius' face. You really are clueless.

What has being an average joe got to do with anything either. You would be hurling your guts up 10 mins into a training session with the players.

You do understand professional athletes get injured just like us mere mortals dont you?

Last edited:
U
And there is the most pathetic post of the year so far.

I'd actually be happy to pick you up, drive you down to training, introduce you to the some of the boys and get you to say that shit directly to Darius' face. You really are clueless.

Boyd did not have the best year last year performance wise but he played through injury all year for the benefit of the team which has to be admired. I can't ask for more than that as a fan. He certainly had some personal issues in his 20s but to his credit he has dealt with them in his early thirties. I wasnt the best bloke in my twenties either and I had a much easier upbringing than he did. He is still a classy footballer on his day too. We are still much better with him in the team than without him.

IMG 8571

I was keen for Boyd to have an injury free pre season in order to get to full fitness but it seems as though he still is having some trouble with workload in the legs. He's getting older and his muscles are tightening up after all these years of hard work.

Alex Johnston is not even a fullback in my books, he's a winger.. Seibold did a great job with him last year.

I believe Seibold could turn a number of our backs into NRL fullbacks. The most obvious choice is Isaako. Left field choices include Milford or Roberts.

I'm fine with starting the season with Boyd at fullback until he breaks down.

If/when that happens, shift Isaako back there and bring in Kennar/Perese/Kahu. Maybe Staggs somehow

U

Boyd did not have the best year last year performance wise but he played through injury all year for the benefit of the team which has to be admired. I can't ask for more than that as a fan. He certainly had some personal issues in his 20s but to his credit he has dealt with them in his early thirties. I wasnt the best bloke in my twenties either and I had a much easier upbringing than he did. He is still a classy footballer on his day too. We are still much better with him in the team than without him.

Last edited:
View attachment 4273

I was keen for Boyd to have an injury free pre season in order to get to full fitness but it seems as though he still is having some trouble with workload in the legs. He's getting older and his muscles are tightening up after all these years of hard work.

Alex Johnston is not even a fullback in my books, he's a winger.. Seibold did a great job with him last year.

I believe Seibold could turn a number of our backs into NRL fullbacks. The most obvious choice is Isaako. Left field choices include Milford or Roberts.

I'm fine with starting the season with Boyd at fullback until he breaks down.

If/when that happens, shift Isaako back there and bring in Kennar/Perese/Kahu. Maybe Staggs somehow

The point being, Boyd knows his body well. He likely also wants an injury-free pre-season. If he felt a twinge, better to ice it now and sit out a session or two, as opposed to what people think is "manning up", pushing through it, and doing enough damage to sit him out for a month.

The point being, Boyd knows his body well. He likely also wants an injury-free pre-season. If he felt a twinge, better to ice it now and sit out a session or two, as opposed to what people think is "manning up", pushing through it, and doing enough damage to sit him out for a month.

Yeah, I don't care about those people saying man up. I like to think of them as "over passionate"

The problem can be that Boyd knows his body well while he's in game and supposed to be going at maximal effort and he can't force his body into that zone because of lingering long term issues.

Seibold shifted Inglis to centres because of the same thing and used Johnson at fullback who in my opinion is inferior to Isaako in every way.

Now is probably the time to make the change. Bennett was already flirting with it last year.

Boyd would be at Souths if he had any petrol left in the tank. Wayne knew he was cooked. Souths knew.

He has his Golden Deal signing til 2021 with post career enticements and he will milk it til the well is dry.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.