Auckland 9s Broncos v Bulldogs

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
You shouldn't be risking a ban just because you have a different opinion to a site admin......

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
This is ridiculous. I'm willing to risk a ban by arguing back right now because I can tolerate negativity but I won't stand for it if it's just being negative for the sake of being negative. We had a shit year and everyone now sounds like they're a bunch of Raiders fans infiltrating this forum. Saying things like "McCullough still hasn't impressed me" even though he was one of the best at the 9s is just being negative for no reason. Copping arguments from people for saying with Origin centres out, it's the perfect time for Copley to stand up is just bullshit too. Were they arguing that it's not the perfect time for him to step up? That's just being negative for the sake of being negative. "We're the only team to put up midfield bombs, what a stupid idea", negative and also wrong. I could go on, but being positive with reasoning makes me hypocritical? Brilliant..

I'm not speaking to you as a staff member. I'm entering into a conversation with you. This is my opinion, and not endorsed by our staff in anyway.

I understand what you're saying. I think it's pretty pathetic how some people on here feel that it's ok to constantly barrage every fucking thread with the same old shit. Griffin is shit. McCullough is shit. Ben Hunt is shit. Copley is shit (guilty). and so on. I especially hate it when there are dedicated threads to discuss those topics in.

But it is no different to people who simply will not criticize the team in any way shape or form, and are happy to jump down anyone who says something bad about the team, without fully explaining themselves.

They're entitled to hate a player, just as much as you're entitled to love a player.

You also use the word "wrong" in your examples. Unless you are posting facts, no one is wrong. How can an opinion be wrong?

We know this is something that needs to be addressed, I assure you, there is quite a heated debate about how we should approach it in the staff forum. We can't just tell people to stop posting their opinion if it is a negative.

In saying that. It would save a lot of mucking around if people just stopped reacting so aggressively towards people who do have a differing opinion.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Did I say anything worthy of a ban?

I don't think so ......

but then again

who knows how these crazy moderators think sometimes !!

download_zpscde858f5.gif

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
I'm not speaking to you as a staff member. I'm entering into a conversation with you. This is my opinion, and not endorsed by our staff in anyway.

I understand what you're saying. I think it's pretty pathetic how some people on here feel that it's ok to constantly barrage every ****ing thread with the same old ****. Griffin is ****. McCullough is ****. Ben Hunt is ****. Copley is **** (guilty). and so on. I especially hate it when there are dedicated threads to discuss those topics in.

But it is no different to people who simply will not criticize the team in any way shape or form, and are happy to jump down anyone who says something bad about the team, without fully explaining themselves.

They're entitled to hate a player, just as much as you're entitled to love a player.

You also use the word "wrong" in your examples. Unless you are posting facts, no one is wrong. How can an opinion be wrong?

We know this is something that needs to be addressed, I assure you, there is quite a heated debate about how we should approach it in the staff forum. We can't just tell people to stop posting their opinion if it is a negative.

In saying that. It would save a lot of mucking around if people just stopped reacting so aggressively towards people who do have a differing opinion.

are you(open to other members to answer) sure there are people that are blindly optimistic? I sometimes don't read the posters name so haven't noticed it whereas i have with the negativity. There are sometimes some who are about an individual facet of the team but i don't know about the whole team. For example this off season i would have understood if someone said i was blindly optimistic about hunt and macca. It's not the case but close enough. I recognise hunt isn't he best half around but i believe he has unlimited potential. Macca i may be right about ;). But in the same breath while not immediately on the sack griffin band wagon i want his position reviewed in approximately ten rounds and don't believe we will be top four this season.

so while in optimistic you couldn't call me blindly optimistic. Whereas some members get close to always being negative (he isn't always so but not too far off). And i haven't heard a single good thing from a couple of new members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

I understand what you're saying. I think it's pretty pathetic how some people on here feel that it's ok to constantly barrage every fucking thread with the same old shit. Griffin is shit. McCullough is shit. Ben Hunt is shit. Copley is shit (guilty). and so on. I especially hate it when there are dedicated threads to discuss those topics in.

Well I apologize for my reaction. Although, I am absolutely capable of being critical of the Broncos. When I used the word wrong, I only used it for the reason that the statement that was made earlier was in fact wrong. I don't like arguing with people on here at all. Our team is blessed to have so much success that was never going to last forever. When I refute things I tend to use facts, even if they're sometimes minimal, it is still more than what some of the people on here use, that is for sure. Again I'm sorry for the drama and I hope you guys can find a way to deal with the unnecessary and irrelevant negativity.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I fully understand that seeing the Broncos go through this turmoil is a tough ask for anyone, and I also understand that while some of us are glass half-full, others are glass half-empty. Footy brings emotion and emotion often trumps reason...

There is however a difference between inundating threads with the repetitive and nauseating negative dribble, completely ignoring anything that might even constitute an attenuating factor, and criticism based on reasoning that makes a minimum of sense.
We have fortunately more posters that do the latter, and others that come here and appear to be trying to transform this site into Broncos WhingeQ.

As a poster, I am strongly on the side of people who are fed-up with the negativity and constant whine coming from some, and I have been known to react outside of BHQ's rules when my limit was reached once or twice. I was wrong to do it and my colleagues rightfully pulled me up for it under the no immunity rule we have within the admin team.

What would greatly help us, is if people (myself included) refute the opinion instead of attacking its author, as much as we might believe he is a complete wanker, because even those are entitled to an opinion!

Leave the abuse and trust the mods to ensure BroncosHQ remains a place where people look forward to visit, so they can discuss footy and their club with other supporters and their mates, as that is exactly what a supporter's discussion forum is for!

As Nashy said, we are well aware of the changing mood and impact all of the above has on BHQ, and we are having a lively discussion between the admins on how to prevent the forum degenerating because of the abundance of such posters/posts, while assuring the fundamental right to opinion that everyone should have, whether it's positive or negative!

Last edited:
R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
I still don't see how being critical or negative determines how big of a fan you are.

I've been critical of some things the club do and I also don't attend games. I'm not even a fan according to some probably.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I still don't see how being critical or negative determines how big of a fan you are.

I've been critical of some things the club do and I also don't attend games. I'm not even a fan according to some probably.

The problem, you'll find, is not that people are being critical. But wankers are filling up threads with their agendas and hate towards whoever.

It's derailing threads, constantly.

For the question above [MENTION=8188]coreyh88[/MENTION]. There are members who are blindly optimistic. We do read the names, and the posts. We have to, as we need to pickup trends from members.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
But don't you think the posters that feel the need to point out negative posters also contribute to threads going off track?

And I'm also sure the "high and mighty" posters at one time or another have done the same thing towards Griffin, Thaiday, Wallace, Michaels, Sims or any other maligned player the club has had.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
My two cents, while probably unwanted I'm gonna give it anyone, cos you know, that's just me.

I agree with what both Nashy and Port have said. I know for sure I have been guilty of attacking the poster and not the post, which I'm not proud of. I'm very appreciative that the mod team are working so hard to find the balance between censoring opinion and allowing it to run rife, it's certainly a job I don't envy.

What I find frustrating, and I think some others like cult etc. also find frustrating is that some posters will run down players mercilessly (as you said Nashy), but wont acknowledge when they show improvement, it's like they just disappear. So it gets to the point where it feels like it's pointless discussing anything because all your gonna get is a 'I told you so' if they fail and nothing if they succeed.

But everyone is entitled to there opinion...

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
My main gripe is posters bringing their hate into irrelevant threads. Don't bring up sacking Griffin and our poor management into a pre game team lineup thread, particularly when there's already a sack Griffin thread (which I actually started). I'm all for a good whinge myself, I bag Macca out but I praise him where he plays well (like I did saying he was by far the best 9 at the 9's) but I don't bring it into every thread, I've made my thoughts on Macca clear and I'm only going to annoy everyone by saying that in every thread where his name is mentioned. If everyone just limited the negative posts where appropriate it would be much more pleasant for everyone. Getting into I told you so battles isn't a quality discussion. Stick the negative posts into the threads discussing that topic instead of derailing a good discussion.

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
But don't you think the posters that feel the need to point out negative posters also contribute to threads going off track?

And I'm also sure the "high and mighty" posters at one time or another have done the same thing towards Griffin, Thaiday, Wallace, Michaels, Sims or any other maligned player the club has had.

A lot of the time its the negative posters who contribute to the thread going off track. For example, EVERYTHING always leads to a conversation about sacking Griffin, how shit McCullough is and how Hunt will never be our savior.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • vnrizz
  • Aldo
  • mrslong
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.