Australia tour of UAE (v Pakistan)

Great innings from Usman regardless of the result, first tonne outside of Australia. Should be captain imo.

Last edited:
Next test we need way more marshes. Won't be satisfied until we get an entire swamp full.

40 overs remaining and we need 189 to win..

Do I dare to dream!?!?! @Sproj

Great innings from Usman regardless of the result, first tonne outside of Australia. Should be captain imo.

Asia. He got 140 v NZ in Wellington.

He’s batting out of his crease to Abbas and to everyone else using his feet and getting down to them and straight from the Haydos book sweeping at every chance.

Smart.

You mean reverse sweep, never seen anyone reverse sweep so much and so well in a test match.

Great fitness too, always had that sloppy look about him like he was ragged. Since he lost weight he’s sharper and clearer in his actions.

Don’t you fuckers be getting my hopes up now

5 overs to survive, 2 wickets in hand, carn the boys.

Nice effort to fight out a draw....especially from Usman.

Not too sure if it's Alf's influence but Khawaja was smarter in everything- no lunging forward nice work off the back foot and sweeping. It was just a smart innings.

It was the longest an Australian has batted in the fourth innings beating Langer against Pakistan in '99 in that epic knock in Hobart.

Wow, what an innings from Khawaja. Reminds me of some of the lone hands Mike Hussey used to play. In the ungodly UAE heat for 5 sessions. Great fight. True (clichè) captains knock from Paine, making sure Khawaja's huge effort paid off. I wasn't too sure about him as the pick for captian. I didn't even think his spot in the team was safe to be honest; but he's earned a lot of respect from me with that innings.

However, I worry the draw will paper over a lot of issues with this team.

Paines post match interview he acknowledged the team had a lot to work on. Didn’t see the draw as something to celebrate

I feel like Head’s significant contribution is being forgotten in all this celebration of Khawaja and Paine. Don’t get me wrong, Khawaja and Paine did fantastically well but Head hung in for a LONG time in that heat and in his first test. It wasn’t always convincing but that was a quality knock.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.