NEWS Bennett turns up heat on Broncos

I wonder if maybe just maybe Bellamy wasn't the first choice? Maybe Green was or Walters? Maybe those plans fell through when Walters signed a new deal with the QRL to coach the maroons and Green stayed on at the Cowboys? There are alot of maybes and assumptions being thrown around.

Could Bennett's plan involve a one year coaching extension with a succession plan that has Walters taking over in 2021 seeing as his Maroons contract runs out in 2020 and Bennett taking on a Gould type roll...

But hey let's just instead go off like a pork chop... so much more logical right?

Maybe.

When Bennett left in 2008, did he ever give Henjak his blessings or anything like that? I know Bellamy was the plan then, but Cullen supposedly fucked it up by making him wait too long before the meeting. But after Bellamy, did Bennett ever recommend Henjak? Why did we go with him?

When Bennett left in 2008, did he ever give Henjak his blessings or anything like that? I know Bellamy was the plan then, but Cullen supposedly fucked it up by making him wait too long before the meeting. But after Bellamy, did Bennett ever recommend Henjak? Why did we go with him?
Henjak was the assistant coach and Bennett vouched for him. But they also had a falling out before the end of 2008 and they didn't part on good terms. Bennett couldn't wait to get out of the joint.

Last edited:
He looked after himself first and foremost and he’s now trying to blackmail the club into reappointing him.

That’s not class.

It seems you have a pretty big anti WB agenda going on there fella

So wayne is going to outline a succession plan at the next board meeting ?? Shouldn't the board be doing this?? Am really starting to think we are on a gradual fall from grace , and wondering if locky shouldn't be apart of recruitment or maroons selection panel.

So wayne is going to outline a succession plan at the next board meeting ?? Shouldn't the board be doing this?? Am really starting to think we are on a gradual fall from grace , and wondering if locky shouldn't be apart of recruitment or maroons selection panel.

So...Bennett doing the Broncos' board's job, the Broncos' board doing a poor job = Locky, you're fired from Qld's selecton panel?

You know Locky isn’t our CEO, right?

So...Bennett doing the Broncos' board's job, the Broncos' board doing a poor job = Locky, you're fired from Qld's selecton panel?

No i think broncos recruitment has been poor and also some of the Queensland selections.

Walters said that he wanted Ponga at fullback in game 1 but was outvoted by Lockyer and Miles.

That’s one. My point was you’ll never know the selections to be able to say one person is poor at making choices.

How do we know that the board hasn't requested him to prepare this plan to outline what he intends to deliver for the coming years and what resources he needs to fulfil this plan??

How do we know that the board hasn't requested him to prepare this plan to outline what he intends to deliver for the coming years and what resources he needs to fulfil this plan??

We don't know shit , it's all assumption isn't it ?

Seems like a front foot option tbh......

"You sign me for another 2 yrs and X and Y will happen"

Not an issue from my perspective

We don't know shit , it's all assumption isn't it ?
Exactly but I'm not the one going all in suggesting people should be fired from the board based on garbage spewed out by the media... who also don't appear to know shit.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • sooticus
  • Organix
  • lynx000
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • DMZ
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Allo
  • Spooky1013
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • cento
  • pennywisealfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • Ozired
  • Xzei
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.