Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show him Hoffman and Jnik. Not every club is honest or good to their players, at least he knows the Broncos will take care of him and not give him fake promises.

And Beale, and Kemp....etc etc

Your point is a good one. Broncos need to hammer the other clubs.

you can even go back as far as when Hodges left the Broncos for the Roosters to play fullback ... ended up as a center

Demanding a certain position and then leaving the Broncos to join another club because we don't succumb to the threats just doesn't work, players have already tried / executed it.

Remember that time Josh Hoffman demanded to be Fullback, we signed Darius Boyd instead, so he left for the Titans to be their Fullback, and ended up in the Centres / Wing.. So he left the Titans for the Eels, who didn't have a Fullback at the time.. guess where he ended up? In the Centres / Wing, or playing reserve grade.

Just play the spot we tell you ffs, we know what's best for you. The same thing will happen to Oates if he leaves, he may start off in the backrow, but the second there's an injury or dip in form, he'll be back on the wing and the team will just be like "Oh, that's right, he played for QLD on the wing and this is comfortably his best position, let's just keep him here.."

He should have played for Australia already, or at least have been picked in the squad. I think that's a factor for him wanting to move.

Demanding a certain position and then leaving the Broncos to join another club because we don't succumb to the threats just doesn't work, players have already tried / executed it.

Remember that time Josh Hoffman demanded to be Fullback, we signed Darius Boyd instead, so he left for the Titans to be their Fullback, and ended up in the Centres / Wing.. So he left the Titans for the Eels, who didn't have a Fullback at the time.. guess where he ended up? In the Centres / Wing, or playing reserve grade.

Just play the spot we tell you ffs, we know what's best for you. The same thing will happen to Oates if he leaves, he may start off in the backrow, but the second there's an injury or dip in form, he'll be back on the wing and the team will just be like "Oh, that's right, he played for QLD on the wing and this is comfortably his best position, let's just keep him here.."

I dont think he is demanding he plays there, he just wants a shot at it.

I dont think he is demanding he plays there, he just wants a shot at it.

Everything that has come out over the last 2 years has been demanding. He wants to be paid like a backrower and he wants to play backrow, or he's leaving for somewhere that'll do that.

Unless it's been 2 years straight of lies, with him not denying it to the media once, which seems unlikely.

Everything that has come out over the last 2 years has been demanding. He wants to be paid like a backrower and he wants to play backrow, or he's leaving for somewhere that'll do that.

Unless it's been 2 years straight of lies, with him not denying it to the media once, which seems unlikely.

I honestly havent seen a single article where he has demanded it. Could be wrong, i just dont recall seeing it. He may have said he wants to play there, he may have said he doesnt see himself as a winger, but i just cant recall anywhere he says play me in the second row or i'm off.

Man, I don't want to think about our attack next year without Oates. If it wasn't for him and Roberts getting us out of trouble with huge independent plays, we probably would be sitting somewhere at the bottom of the ladder with 1 win at the most.

Man, I don't want to think about our attack next year without Oates. If it wasn't for him and Roberts getting us out of trouble with huge independent plays, we probably would be sitting somewhere at the bottom of the ladder with 1 win at the most.

Yep and that one win would be against the tigers. A try less win.

I honestly havent seen a single article where he has demanded it. Could be wrong, i just dont recall seeing it. He may have said he wants to play there, he may have said he doesnt see himself as a winger, but i just cant recall anywhere he says play me in the second row or i'm off.

Neither have I.

All of the articles I've read he has stated that he wants to play backrow and will keep pushing for it and putting his hand, but he is also happy to be playing in first grade and will play where the team needs him.

But that doesn't also mean he won't leave for a club that will give him that opportunity.

Maybe "demanded" was not the correct verbatim, but he has definitely requested the move several times, around the same time these stories come out about him being displeased with playing on the wing and weighing up options from other clubs, etc. Reading between the lines it's pretty clear it's his agent / management creating the waves in the media trying to force the Broncos hand to play him in the back row or at the very least, pay him more than any other winger in the game.

Whether that was at Oates request or not is probably the only real question, based on his demeanour, I doubt it was. Either way, I don't think we should be paying him any more than $400k-$500k, that's about as high as I'm willing to go for an elite winger.

If Jack Bird can have a hissy fit and demand to play in the halves or backrow then Corey Oates has even more of a right to demand to play where he wants at the Broncos! He has been here a lot longer and has proven himself time and time again. As for the other guy he has been here a couple of weeks, getting paid probably 3 x the amount and has about 5% of the impact Oates is giving us at the moment. On form alone Oates should be captain, coach and prime minister compared to the other guy

If Jack Bird can have a hissy fit and demand to play in the halves or backrow then Corey Oates has even more of a right to demand to play where he wants at the Broncos! He has been here a lot longer and has proven himself time and time again. As for the other guy he has been here a couple of weeks, getting paid probably 3 x the amount and has about 5% of the impact Oates is giving us at the moment. On form alone Oates should be captain, coach and prime minister compared to the other guy

neither player has "demanded" anything ...

there is a difference between demanding a position and expressing a desire to play a certain position

neither player has "demanded" anything ...

there is a difference between demanding a position and expressing a desire to play a certain position

I think bird whined rather than demanded

I wasn't aware Jack bird demanded to be in the halves? I thought he filled in for Kodi when he had a cork and kept the position because he did some what of a better job the Kodi

I wasn't aware Jack bird demanded to be in the halves? I thought he filled in for Kodi when he had a cork and kept the position because he did some what of a better job the Kodi

I actually recall reading that his preferred position is backrow and that's where he wants to play long term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • NSW stables
  • Skyblues87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Clintos
  • Stix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.