Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually recall reading that his preferred position is backrow and that's where he wants to play long term
Yeah he was also a good sport about playing where ever he is needed

MATT LODGE SET FOR A NEW DEAL AT BRISBANE BRONCOS

"The Broncos have begun talks on a new deal with Matt Lodge. If there has been any more controversial player in the game, I don't know who it is," Badel said.
"Matt Lodge has been under a firestorm of criticism for his off-field conduct three years ago in New York. He copped a lot of heat about being registered by the NRL, since then he has been exemplary off the field.
"On the field, he's been very good for the Broncos, he's really been a tough nut up front. That has been recognised by the Broncos who are keen to table a new deal for Matt Lodge.
"I'm hearing that Penrith are sniffing around, they're prepared to sign Matt Lodge tomorrow if he wanted to come back home to his junior club. I'm hearing that Lodge does want to stay in Brisbane, they just need to work out the financial terms, and of course, there is a condition for the NRL that he will have to provide some sort of payment plan for his US victims in the form of compensation.
"If that is satisfied by the Broncos, I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Lodge stays at the club for at least another two years."
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...t-longa-broncos-deal/sfubwwr3hm27ziei23wum3w9

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...salary-cap/1aaxchyeob1r21uobp6jxq0byg/slide/2
Another big man in demand is huge Broncos prop Tevita Pangai Junior - and there is a twist to his contract saga.
Pangai is managed by leading agent Sam Ayoub, but is telling clubs he wants a rival manager, Isaac Moses, to do his deal for 2019.
That means he is more than likely to stay at the Broncos - Moses is close to the Brisbane club and will more than ensure that Pangai signs a new deal to stay where he is.
The Knights are one of several clubs keen to lure Pangai away from Wayne Bennett and the Broncos - but it appears that it won’t be happening.

Maybe "demanded" was not the correct verbatim, but he has definitely requested the move several times, around the same time these stories come out about him being displeased with playing on the wing and weighing up options from other clubs, etc. Reading between the lines it's pretty clear it's his agent / management creating the waves in the media trying to force the Broncos hand to play him in the back row or at the very least, pay him more than any other winger in the game.

Whether that was at Oates request or not is probably the only real question, based on his demeanour, I doubt it was. Either way, I don't think we should be paying him any more than $400k-$500k, that's about as high as I'm willing to go for an elite winger.
Correct verbatim ? Wtf is that ? I always thought verbatim meant 'word for word', exact, line for line etc...
Verbiage maybe ?

MATT LODGE SET FOR A NEW DEAL AT BRISBANE BRONCOS

"The Broncos have begun talks on a new deal with Matt Lodge. If there has been any more controversial player in the game, I don't know who it is," Badel said.
"Matt Lodge has been under a firestorm of criticism for his off-field conduct three years ago in New York. He copped a lot of heat about being registered by the NRL, since then he has been exemplary off the field.
"On the field, he's been very good for the Broncos, he's really been a tough nut up front. That has been recognised by the Broncos who are keen to table a new deal for Matt Lodge.
"I'm hearing that Penrith are sniffing around, they're prepared to sign Matt Lodge tomorrow if he wanted to come back home to his junior club. I'm hearing that Lodge does want to stay in Brisbane, they just need to work out the financial terms, and of course, there is a condition for the NRL that he will have to provide some sort of payment plan for his US victims in the form of compensation.
"If that is satisfied by the Broncos, I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Lodge stays at the club for at least another two years."
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...t-longa-broncos-deal/sfubwwr3hm27ziei23wum3w9

I have a feeling we will just go along with the NRL wishes just to keep the peace. I just honestly cant see how they can enforce him to pay it.

Correct verbatim ? Wtf is that ? I always thought verbatim meant 'word for word', exact, line for line etc...
Verbiage maybe ?

I should've just said "wasn't verbatim".

I'll be sure to write 100 lines tonight before bed and submit them on your desk in the morning before school starts.

Absolutely. I believe he could be great for us in the back row, but his contributions on the wing are so valuable to us.

Should we find ourselves with high quality wing options, I'd give him a shot, for now we need him where he is. Head and shoulders above our other options on the wing.

Wherever we play him, pay him his worth. Would be gutted if we don't keep him.

He is still only 23, I’d be pointing to Luke Lewis and say that it is very possible to move into the backrow in later years, but you are better off making hay while he sun shines, ie: scoring a million tries on the wing for us...

I believe he already has had an offer

Sorry, what I meant was..........

Melbourne have 2 high quality wingers, so they won't be looking at Oates for a wing position

So the only offer they would make would be for him as a backrower and as he is unproven in that role, they won't be making a big money play for him

I tried to say what I was thinking without using this many words, and failed rather badly

Melbourne have 2 high quality wingers, so they won't be looking at Oates for a wing position

So the only offer they would make would be for him as a backrower and as he is unproven in that role, they won't be making a big money play for him

I tried to say what I was thinking without using this many words, and failed rather badly

All good mate

With Slater possibly retiring next year they could see Oates as abwinger and moving addo into the number 1

With Slater possibly retiring next year they could see Oates as abwinger and moving addo into the number 1

Munster will be playing FB (his best position) which is why they desperately tried to sign Milf for over 1.2mil (including Smith personally begging him to sign).

I should've just said "wasn't verbatim".

I'll be sure to write 100 lines tonight before bed and submit them on your desk in the morning before school starts.

Better bring an apple as well.

Munster will be playing FB (his best position) which is why they desperately tried to sign Milf for over 1.2mil (including Smith personally begging him to sign).

I wonder if Munster will actually move. I can't see a Jacks/Croft combo working, two halfbacks just clash too much. Well, I guess they can easily rid of one though.

He definitely isnt right at the moment but he’s a very good fullback, especially when it comes to defence and team structure.

On another note, almost every big name in league rates him highly.
Very respected coaches, players, ex players, and media personalities. Not to mention Wayne Bennett, the best coach in the game’s history. This tells me that he does things that most fans don’t have the perception or inside information to notice. I definitely must be missing something.
He's been carried by elite players around him. He had a good season in 2016 I admit. But even then, he was only Australian Fullback because Slater and Inglis were injured, and they rather be loyal than give it to someone like Tedesco. On form this year, and most of last year, he isn't in the top 10. Not even close.

ENVY ON THE GOLD COAST

Gold Coast Titans coach Garth Brennan has hit his first pot-hole in the NRL with word spreading of player discontent over recruitment.

The league world is a buzz with talk of some Titans players unhappy about Brennan's recruitment of Bryce Cartwright and Mitch Rein on very good deals.

The potential signing of Canberra prop Shannon Boyd on $650,000 a season won't do much to appease the suggestion of jealousy within the group. According to sporting news ( the lurker).

We have a little depth in Halfbacks but they do not have much experience in first grade, but is there any chance we are looking to sign a new half back any time soon @Smokin' Joe ?

Cartwright was a fucking stupid recruitment choice. Big money makes it worse. But every team would have players ranging from $100k to almost a million. And a lot of well performing players on not much, and shithouse players on far too much.

Someone needs to tell them that if they want more money, keep performing, or find a better manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • The True King
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.