Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took Roberts a year to fit into our structures. I for one am excited to have Bird at the club. Bit sad that these "homesick" rumours keep popping up even though he and the old man have both nipped them in the bud. Get behind him and give him a fair go people. He'll come good, he's too good not to.

At least double that.

Its quite sad though seriously, i know he missed a whole Pre season of training, but to only make 3 runs?, hopefully he shows his money worth at centre

The thing is, every fan wants him to succeed, as a fan should for every single player but if recruiting Bird means the Broncs lose both Oates and Su'A, then it is an absolutely stupid decision, even more than it appeared to be when he was signed in the first place.

I still think 2nd row might be better for him. He's clearly only played well in the centres so far. 2nd row is closer to centre than a lock is, but a bit more involved (so he doesn't have to sook), and you can be a ball player there too, like Graham or SBW or whatever.

If Su'a leaves, I wouldn't mind him trying out there. I prefer having someone who can make metres in the middle.

We need an enforcer not another Gillett

It took Roberts a year to fit into our structures. I for one am excited to have Bird at the club. Bit sad that these "homesick" rumours keep popping up even though he and the old man have both nipped them in the bud. Get behind him and give him a fair go people. He'll come good, he's too good not to.
We are nearly halfway through the season, when is enough a enough? When it’s round twenty something and we haven’t won enough games to make the finals?

We are nearly halfway through the season, when is enough a enough? When it’s round twenty something and we haven’t won enough games to make the finals?

It's 6 games in for Bird isn't it? With no pre-season. Is that really enough?

His attitude on the field seems fine, and the players seem to like him.

I think he needs more time at 5/8 to show us what he can really do... it is still only early days yet.

Watched some highlights of him today and most of them were from him playing 5/8th. I hope he comes good and stays long term.

Bird just needs some luck to go his way. He is a class player. Any club in the NRL can see that. I have been hoping for weeks he jags a try because that might just kick start him

Yeah like 3 seasons ago !

We've signed him for 10 million a season. May as well hope that he comes good rather than stinks it up and quits.

Well there you go. Dobbo says the Bird rift is all rubbish so there must be something in it, I guess.

Bird needs to go. Waste of money. Do we wait 3 years for him to do something meanwhile kissing goodbye home grown talent along the way .. Bennett made a mistake with bird. Let's move along!

Bird needs to go. Waste of money. Do we wait 3 years for him to do something meanwhile kissing goodbye home grown talent along the way .. Bennett made a mistake with bird. Let's move along!

what the **** ... who said anything about waiting 3 years to perform ...

how about we give him the same chance we would give any other signing. which is more than 6 games (especially since he had no pre-season to work into our structures and form combinations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bronx48
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
  • Morkel
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • westy316
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Organix
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.