RUMOUR Bulldogs' fire sale

If Bennett can turn a QCUP level player with no knees into a dangerous centre within half a season, I'd be interested to see what he could do with Brenko.

We wouldn't have any issues with his passing, he's one of the better passing centres in the comp, averages more than 2 offloads per game & has 10 try assists on the season in only 15 games.. Not to mention he's only 21, plenty of room to grow.

Should have included the quote...that was a response to Tom's post a few back from yours.

Was under the impression his current deal was negotiated with him not playing Sundays as a factor...?

I would have been all for Graham prior to the neck injury. Depending on the extent of the injury, I'm not sure if he'd play with the same intensity he's known for and if he can't give us that than we're better off looking at other options.

Otherwise I'd only be interested in their young guns on lower tier deals. Players like Saunders, Tualau, Smith...players that could potentially push their way into the 17 at the start of the season and not cost us the bank to sign.

Nah...that was an old position which after speaking with god and getting the all clear ,he changed his stance.

From May this year

Will Hopoate will again ask to be allowed to put his faith before footy and request a no-Sundays clause in his next NRL deal. Hopoate also revealed he was yet to decide if he would play in Canterbury's Sunday clash with the Sydney Roosters in just over two weeks.
The Canterbury fullback and former NSW representative is again facing losing out on hundreds of thousands of dollars as he seeks to have it inserted into his contract to exempt him from playing and training on Sundays because of his Mormon beliefs.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...with-canterbury-bulldogs-20170503-gvyck2.html

Will Hopoate agrees to play Sundays in NRL for Canterbury Bulldogs

Posted 15 May 2017, 2:48pm
PHOTO: Will Hopoate has reversed his position and agreed to plays Sundays for the Bulldogs. (AAP: Dan Himbrechts, File)
MAP: Belmore 2192
Canterbury full-back Will Hopoate has made himself available to play on Sundays, reversing his previous stance to stand down for religious reasons.
Hopoate, a devout Mormon, has agreed to a request from the Bulldogs to turn out on Sundays ahead of a busy State of Origin period, which includes three Sunday matches for the club.
The 25-year-old had an agreement with the Bulldogs when he joined the club last season that he would not have to play on Sundays.
He admitted he would prefer not to play on Sundays because of his faith but was willing to answer the Bulldogs' request, beginning this weekend against Sydney Roosters.
"We don't live in a perfect world," said Hopoate, who comes off contract this season.
"We're coming up with a few Sunday games beginning with this week. Coming off the back of injury and me wanting to stay at the club as well.
"[The Bulldogs] came from a business decision, and at the end of the day rugby league is a business.​
"I understand that and I totally understand where the club is coming from."
Hopoate, a New South Wales State of Origin representative, will still not train on Sundays or partake in any NRL activities other than matches.
He is also negotiating a new contract at the club and Bulldogs chief executive Raelene Castle said discussions around Sunday matches were part of that process.
Hopoate, who began his NRL career with Manly, sat out the 2012 and 2013 seasons while serving a two-year Mormon mission.
He returned to the game in 2014 with Parramatta before moving to the Bulldogs in 2016.
AAP/ABC

The other one I'd like to have in the team but we don't actually need would be Jackson. His hits in defence are second only to Gillett, teams wouldn't want to run at our edges. Problem is he wouldn't be worth the price he'd want with the quality we have in the 2nd row anyway and the dogs wouldn't let him go either anyway

It's a big no to Mr man of the match from me. One of the most over-rated players in the game. He must have incriminating photos of some pretty well placed people.

JFH or brenko only from me.

There looks a serious play in JFH just never given an opportunity. I doubt he's on big money though so dogs would be unlikely to chuck the for sale sign on him.

Brenko is on decent coin I believe and Brisbane's interest was quite high when off contract last time

If the Bulldogs have to shed players or start on negative points or not play for points "Well, they can keep crying".
They shouldn't be allowed to play on a roster reported to be $1m over the cap. Even though they can't accumulate points it still prevents other teams from getting any if they lose.

You'd just know NRL would have us up against the dogs twice within the first 10 rounds as well just so we're taking on a cheating team before they become cap compliant.

The issue is TV rights and a requirement to play X games a week therefore letting a cheating team play. If they're not cap compliant then don't let them play and charge them liquidated damages. That's how the real world works when you break a contract

They shouldn't be allowed to play on a roster reported to be $1m over the cap. Even though they can't accumulate points it still prevents other teams from getting any if they lose.

You'd just know NRL would have us up against the dogs twice within the first 10 rounds as well just so we're taking on a cheating team before they become cap compliant.

The issue is TV rights and a requirement to play X games a week therefore letting a cheating team play. If they're not cap compliant then don't let them play and charge them liquidated damages. That's how the real world works when you break a contract

I forgot that option.

Just wanted to use Raelene Castle's quote from when Reynolds didn't get rubbed out.

Karma bitch. Karma.

JFH or brenko only from me.

There looks a serious play in JFH just never given an opportunity. I doubt he's on big money though so dogs would be unlikely to chuck the for sale sign on him.

Brenko is on decent coin I believe and Brisbane's interest was quite high when off contract last time
JFH? OMG don't you mean RFM? LOL.

Would take Faitala Mariner, seems a real goer, though our back row stocks are pretty flush.

Brenko would definitely be worth a shot, has great potential as a centre, probably would flourish in a good system. Montoya seems solid too, though as a rookie I suspect he's not worth them offloading.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  • Broncosgirl
  • porouian
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.