England vs New Zealand - Denver Test

New Zealand Kiwis squad: Leeson Ah Mau, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Herman Ese'ese, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, James Fisher-Harris, Slade Griffin, Peta Hiku, Jamayne Isaako, Jordan Kahu, Isaac Liu, Issac Luke, Te Maire Martin, Esan Marsters, Ken Maumalo, Kodi Nikorima, Joseph Tapine, Martin Taupau, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak

Probably -

1. Watene-Zelezniak
2. Maumolo
3. Hiku
4. Marsters
5. Isaako
6. Martin
7. Nikorima
8. Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Luke
10. Taupau
11. Tapine
12. Fisher-Harris
13. Liu

14. Griffin
15. Asofa-Solomona
16. Ah Mau
17. Ese'ese

18. Kahu
19. Faitala-Mariner

Personally I would put Isaako at fullback.

Based on the times I've seen him play there, he is a better fullback than DWZ.

Why?

The game is getting more known in America and more popular. Why not take games there and try to grow it? There is a market there.

I don't see the point of having it in the off-season when NFL season starts.
Agree. At the moment baseball is the only sport in session. Perfect time to take the game over there. No harm no foul.

Agree. At the moment baseball is the only sport in session. Perfect time to take the game over there. No harm no foul.

No harm? What about the teams losing players? That harms their NRL chances.

At what point did the useless yank sports calendar ever take precident over the actual competition these players play for?

Last edited:
No harm? What about the teams losing players? That harms their NRL chances.

At what point did the useless yank sports calendar ever take precident over the actual competition these players play for?

Why does it harm their NRL chances when they don't lose the players for any NRL games? Unless you're referring to injuries?

They might experience a bit of jet lag but that's pretty manageable these days.

These players and clubs want a bigger slice of pie, well they need to start giving a shit about the game outside of their club and start promoting it and trying to grow it. But taking this game to the US in the off-season would be pointless because that's when NFL season starts.

Why does it harm their NRL chances when they don't lose the players for any NRL games? Unless you're referring to injuries?

They might experience a bit of jet lag but that's pretty manageable these days.

These players and clubs want a bigger slice of pie, well they need to start giving a shit about the game outside of their club and start promoting it and trying to grow it. But taking this game to the US in the off-season would be pointless because that's when NFL season starts.

I don't disagree with most of what you're saying. But taking the game to the US is going to have mixed results no matter when you take it there. It's absolutely stupid to attempt to grow the game in a completely new market when it still needs to be grown in the areas that are actually represented. England, France, the Islands, NZ, Australia.

I completely and utterly disagree. Jet Lag might be manageable to an extent, it doesn't take away the fact that we are sending squads across the dateline twice when they have NRL commitments. Don't care if they have a bye, they certainly have training and team plays to train for.

In saying that. I doubt this sort of shit will ever be pulled again mid season.

Let’s hope Kodi can pick up some skills from.... Te Maire Martin?

I don't disagree with most of what you're saying. But taking the game to the US is going to have mixed results no matter when you take it there. It's absolutely stupid to attempt to grow the game in a completely new market when it still needs to be grown in the areas that are actually represented. England, France, the Islands, NZ, Australia.

I completely and utterly disagree. Jet Lag might be manageable to an extent, it doesn't take away the fact that we are sending squads across the dateline twice when they have NRL commitments. Don't care if they have a bye, they certainly have training and team plays to train for.

In saying that. I doubt this sort of shit will ever be pulled again mid season.
Im glad you dont run our game. This type of thinking is exactly what has held this game back for a century. We have a bloody good product. Should we just stick to queensland, nsw, north england and png forever. If we do we we will be engulfed and die.

Its not about people in america suddenly throwing away the madden and picking up a steeden. The game is getting televised on cbs, reaching 300 million homes! If 0.5% of those flick past the channel during the game those sponsors get 500,000 NEW sets of eyeballs watching their brand flash up. You dont think thatll appeal to advertisers in the future? Therefore bringing in more money to the game grow it in the countries you mentioned? The usa is responsible for 70% of WORLD sports money, 70%! This insular rugby league mentalitiy has got to stop. Look at the good tonga has done, fiji is developing, rugby league is now played in more countries thenever with countries such as canada and serbia having developed heir local rugby league participation massively over the last few years. The best way for exposure is to take our best over there, the storm got no coverage in melbourne until origin was brought there....

And just on injury risk.. there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE AT ALL long flights oraltitude increase injury risk. There are 100000’s of athletes that do it on a weekly basis. The fear mongering by the media is ridiculous.

If a player gets injured in those games they would of had the exact same risk/likelihood of it happening in an nrl game. Should we stop training now as well just in case we injure the players? Lol pathetic excuse....

Could they have picked a worse time slot to beem it back to Australia? 6:00 am. Wonder why they did not play it at night over there - 8:00 pm for example - which would be 12:00 pm in Australia.

Solely for the English market it looks like.

Also, the temperature is going to be 31 degrees celsius in Denver for the game - and they are playing at 2:00 pm in the afternoon there.

Last edited:
does anyone know if there were any injuries out of this game?

Could they have picked a worse time slot to beem it back to Australia? 6:00 am. Wonder why they did not play it at night over there - 8:00 pm for example - which would be 12:00 pm in Australia.

Solely for the English market it looks like.

Also, the temperature is going to be 31 degrees celsius in Denver for the game - and they are playing at 2:00 pm in the afternoon there.

8am isn't a bad time for Kiwis either.

Niko is having a tough day at the office. I think he is struggling with the heat and altitude. I think he deserves a fortnight off from NRL action.

Pretty good game of footy.
Perfect example of the ruck being free from wrestle and the game that is produced when that happens.
I hope Gus and jjohns were watching and stfu from here on about refs cleaning up the ruck.

And another **** you to Bellamy for making me watch 10 years of wrestlemania.
Ive thoroughly enjoyed rep week and the quality of the games including the spirit in which they were played .

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Manifesto
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Bish
  • Cavalo
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.