Farah "Smith isn't better than me"

Farah is a great player no doubt but Smith is an all time great but not superior to Farah though.

I heard someone before Origin describe Robbie Farah as the Stuart MacGill of Rugby League - This is the best description of him I've ever seen

So you are saying MacGill is an equal to Warne? No fucking chance

So you are saying MacGill is an equal to Warne? No ****ing chance

Actually MacGill's SR is better than Warne's & his 5WPI & 10WPM is comparable to the amount of matches played between the two. So there is some merit in saying MacGill is equal to Warne, however stats only play part of the story. Warne was clearly the better bowler and his economy rate proves that and while MacGill took more wickets per balls bowled Warne was the master and really guided the pace of a game and was responsible for as many wickets at the other end of the wicket during his spell as he was for his own wickets.

It's much the same with Smith. You could look at stats and show where Smith & Farrah are "comparable" or "equal" however it is those not-statable (that's a new word I've come up with) features of his game that make him clearly better than Farah.

So you are saying MacGill is an equal to Warne? No ****ing chance

No I'm not saying that at all

Warne was a far better bowler and all round cricketer than MacGill but MacGill was a superb leggie himself and he was very unlucky to emerge the same time Warne did. I have little doubt that if MacGill played in any other era he would've played 100 tests and would've taken tons of wickets. He still played 44 tests and picked up 208 wickets which is great by any standards.

No I'm not saying that at all

Warne was a far better bowler and all round cricketer than MacGill but MacGill was a superb leggie himself and he was very unlucky to emerge the same time Warne did. I have little doubt that if MacGill played in any other era he would've played 100 tests and would've taken tons of wickets. He still played 44 tests and picked up 208 wickets which is great by any standards.

I assume the confusion comes from the below...

Farah is a great player no doubt but Smith is an all time great but not superior to Farah though.

I heard someone before Origin describe Robbie Farah as the Stuart MacGill of Rugby League - This is the best description of him I've ever seen

Say what?!?

Smith is superior to farah.

If Robbie means that better is having a face that you kinda of want to smack... he is the best.

Actually MacGill's SR is better than Warne's & his 5WPI & 10WPM is comparable to the amount of matches played between the two. So there is some merit in saying MacGill is equal to Warne, however stats only play part of the story. Warne was clearly the better bowler and his economy rate proves that and while MacGill took more wickets per balls bowled Warne was the master and really guided the pace of a game and was responsible for as many wickets at the other end of the wicket during his spell as he was for his own wickets.

It's much the same with Smith. You could look at stats and show where Smith & Farrah are "comparable" or "equal" however it is those not-statable (that's a new word I've come up with) features of his game that make him clearly better than Farah.

Warne will always have "The ball of the century". Smith will always have "8 straight". Farah will always have....?

It's like when people try to compare Lebron to Jordan. Please.

NSW finally won a series ... the Aus selectors will probably now drop all the QLDers from the side (that they think they can get away with anyway)

My face when Gallen captains Australia in October and Farah plays 9.

post-12252-MFW-ex-girlfriend-s-Facebook-p-qkZA.gif

Smith ****s all over every other hooker currently playing the game and most hookers from past eras.

He is one of the best ever. As good as Farah is, Smith is just in another class.

This deserves re-posting.

This story beggars belief. I can only assume that his comments were taken out of context and used to beat up a story. We are still a week or so away from the game so we have to fill the pages somehow.

If he was quoted accurately and in context then it proves that denial is not just a river in Egypt...

It's time for a reallity check, Robbie:

You have won one series and it's debatable that you outplayed your opposite number in both of those games.

Prior to that, you've been involved in 3-4 series losses and at one stage Michael Ennis was the preferred dummy half. Ennis, FFS!

Smith is just a class above as others have said. Personally, I wouldn't see any shame in being second to a player like Smith.

Farah is a goose. Smith absolutely shits all over him in every department. **** me, just look at what he does to the forward pack at Melbourne. As soon as they leave them they turn to rubbish. He not only looks like a million bucks but also drags his other team mates to a higher standard. Farah just ball hogs and its always about him. Im surprised his ego didn't push Marshall out the door years ago.

This story beggars belief. I can only assume that his comments were taken out of context and used to beat up a story. We are still a week or so away from the game so we have to fill the pages somehow.

If he was quoted accurately and in context then it proves that denial is not just a river in Egypt...

It's time for a reallity check, Robbie:

You have won one series and it's debatable that you outplayed your opposite number in both of those games.

Prior to that, you've been involved in 3-4 series losses and at one stage Michael Ennis was the preferred dummy half. Ennis, FFS!

Smith is just a class above as others have said. Personally, I wouldn't see any shame in being second to a player like Smith.

It's not out of context. The "I have to go out there believing there is no one better than me" is something he's been saying for a good 3 or 4 years now. I'll see if I can dig up some old gems...

TBF farah is right, smith isn't better than him. I would say him and Jeremy smith are on par

nsw players are unbelievable. they win one freaking series in 9 years and suddenly they are the ducks nuts. god i hope qld give them a supreme hammering in game 3

I also hope we to on another 8 year winning spree. It still wouldn't shut the bastards up, "yeah we won in 2014, we're awesome".

Active Now

• Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.