Game III Live-Chat

What an unreal performance from Parker, one of the best individual origin performances I've seen. If we had him in Game 2, we win the series.

That's the best I've ever seen from him. Virtually flawless.

Seriously had a laugh when the blue commentating brigade starting harping on about the shield. As for Parker, his just that type of player who toughens up the side around him and gives you that extra room to work with his offloads, it's not surprising how much of a difference he makes for Queensland as he does for the Broncos.

Last edited:
Really goes to show how much we missed Parker & Cronk in Game II.

NSW may have won the series, but fans will remember everything that went into that and how everything basically fell their way.

Great victory tonight, only one passage where we put the foot off the pedal, otherwise, we were asking a lot more questions than they were.

Thought Parker, Thaiday and Hodges all put together strong showings tonight. As a Broncos fan and as a Queenslander, very glad they play for my club. Gillo didn't get much of an opportunity but when called upon he delivered and that offload to get the Smith try set off the ground was class.

Can't really begrudge too many Maroons players. Think Taylor is a bit like the boy who cried wolf - both those lost balls looked like strips but you run around with a loose carry eventually it's going to go against you. Just think he's a bit unlucky because Thaiday lost the ball in similar situations and got rewarded for it.

Bring on Series 2015 I say!

great win by the maroons tonight. i love the boos as gallen gets the shuield priceless its like we didnt even lose haha i love the passionate qld supporters. Cant wait till next series i think we showed we are far from done. and i think it shows how valuable cooper cronk is to this team.

Last edited:
Slater - Was threatening all night, enjoyed having Cronk back.
Boyd - Has the easiest job in the world but he popped up all over the place tonight and positioned himself well for the final try.
Inglis - He's back, shame it was too late for the series but great game.
Hodges - What a series, may well be his swansong but what a way to go if so, champion player.
Chambers - Made some mistakes but otherwise Tatesque game, high compliment that.
Thurston - Terrible again except that wonderful last pass.
Cronk - Showed everything about why we missed him, great game.
Lillyman - No nonsense player who did a great job up front.
Smith - What a champion, led us around the field brilliantly and was everywhere tonight.
Myles - Mr. dependable, always gets us going forward and hits hard in defense.
Guerra - Some of us were excited when he was selected at the start of the series and tonight he showed why, what a game!!
Thaiday - Play like that for the Broncos every game please, great game.
Parker - Legend, one of the best games by a lock of all time? Phenomenal work ethic. Man of the Match.

DCE - Opened up the scoring and solid all round.
Teo - I love his running and defense but needs to learn to pass.
Gillett - Was good in his limited time on the field, didn't really notice him too much.
Taylor - Well you get the good and the very bad.

Taylor was typical Taylor, mistake ridden too often at this level of the game is too costly, quite frankly I don't think we need him in the future unless we are absolutely crippled with injuries, McGuire's time IMO.

NSW got exposed tonight. Make them defend the entire first half and they will be ripe for the picking in the second. Parker was incredible.

Just off the top of my head, what's the squad for next years origin? Everyone fully fit, excluding Tate. For mine this is a no brainer, Lillyman was great in his minutes this year and definitely deserves a bench spot next year, and I'd also have a fully fit Papalii over Taylor / McQueen.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Chambers
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Guerra
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Cherry-Evans
15. Gillett
16. Lillyman
17. Papalii

Is Reynolds the biggest cheat in the game? I'm just so sick of this bloke at any level and sick of commentators singing his praises when all he is is just a very good cheat.

Great win but a game once again marred by refs crappy decisions. How many times did they play only one marker and the second guy was in no mans land but allowed to make a tackle.

Thought Parker, Thaiday and Hodges all put together strong showings tonight. As a Broncos fan and as a Queenslander, very glad they play for my club. Gillo didn't get much of an opportunity but when called upon he delivered and that offload to get the Smith try set off the ground was class.

They were all great! If they back up vs the Panthers with that kind of commitment it will be a massive boon for us. I expect them to rest Hodges though.

Think Taylor is a bit like the boy who cried wolf - both those lost balls looked like strips but you run around with a loose carry eventually it's going to go against you.

It is unfortunate, because he was really making good ground with every run, but that poor handling is so typical of him. Stop carting the ball around in one hand you big doofus!

Bring on Series 2015 I say!

Ken oath! Full credit to the Blues for their series win, but I think we showed that this side still has some life in them yet.

Aaron Woods has hus own name tattooed on his arm, haha important for league players to have reminders of important stuff like that.

He has Fuckwit tattooed on his arm. :tongue_smilie:

Just off the top of my head, what's the squad for next years origin? Everyone fully fit, excluding Tate. For mine this is a no brainer, Lillyman was great in his minutes this year and definitely deserves a bench spot next year, and I'd also have a fully fit Papalii over Taylor / McQueen.

I would like to see:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Chambers
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Guerra
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Cherry-Evans
15. McGuire
16. Lillyman
17. Papalii / Hannant

I like Gillett but I question whether he's got the edge for this kind of arena (much like Tupou for the Blues). He's gotten through it but I think he needs to develop a bit more. Give me more grunt off the bench - McGuire's time has come with T'eo off and Taylor likely relegated to the fringes again. I'd probably prefer Hannant to Papalii, but either would do the job. DCE to continue his apprenticeship.

@toddbalym: Four players to be charged by match review. Details shortly.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.