Greatest Origin Moments

Scotty said:
I saw it on League unlimited by chance because I never go there... but thought that it had to be shared with my fellow BHQers icon_thumbs_u
haha I saw it last year.
I still lol'd just as hard now.

Creagh is the biggest pussy, typical NSW player I guess.

Seriously it needs more LOLZ.
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Had some spare time while working on some uni assignments to watch a couple of Origin dvds from last year and it's amazing what 12 months can do to your perspective.

Origin 1 last year was utter crap. Qld coast to an 18 point lead and NSW continually spoil their opportunities with poor options from their halves. Wallace in particular was woeful. The only way their points came were through kicks and two of them ricocheted off opposition players. The game was basically over by the 45th minute and the Melbourne crowd were dead.

But if nothing else, the game taught NSW that Qld are vulnerable up the middle of the ruck and that they should target this area in future games.

Origin 2 in Sydney is of an even lower standard than the previous game, but the drama of the game makes it a far more interesting spectacle. Qld once again coast to an 18 point lead but injuries to Inglis, Hannant and Harrison put a wrench into their dominance.

To further complicate matters for the Queenslanders, the video referee denies Harrison of a fair try down the left hand side and award a very controversial try to Jarryd Hayne who scored an earlier one off an intercept.

The second half in particular is very intense viewing, Qld are out on there feet and NSW have all the territory. Fortunately for the Maroons NSW must have short memories because none of them try running through the middle of the ruck. They rely on spreading the ball which the QLD defenders meet easily as their is no pressure on the inside. In the end some gutsy defence and overall smarter play by Qld sees them pick up the win and the series.

What I noticed in that game was how dominant the Queensland front row was and how well Lockyer played. Nobody really talked up Lockyer, but he came up with one of the smartest plays of the game where he opted for a mid-field chip close to the sticks in order to win his side a repeat set with 4 sets to go. Most halves would've opted for a grubber away from the goal posts or to try and win it with either an inside pass or an out ball but Lockyer calm as you like slots it back into the middle.

Price and Civo were also awesome, and Crocker had a shocker. Billy also showed why I prefer Hunt at FB at Origin. Look spent after 5 minutes after not really doing all that much, gave up a chase on Hayne after throwing a bad pass and failed to take a bomb which lead to the Wolfman try.

That's not the only good piece of play he came up with by the by, he kicked a lot more than he did last time, threw some wonderful passes to get his centres on the outside and positioned himself beautifully which even earnt him a four pointer.

Will watch Origin 3 tomorrow and will see what I learn from that game. From memory, the coverage annoyed me and missed a few moments, like Lockyer absolutely nailing Kidley from marker after Watmough decided to be a big man and start pushing and shoving while stepping in between our own markers..(WTF) and not getting penalised.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.