OFFICIAL Herman Ese'ese to Knights

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Apologies if this has already been mentioned but Big Herman has put pen to paper with Newc tonight. Not sure of the terms but it appears that he is moving back south.

That's disappointing.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but Big Herman has put pen to paper with Newc tonight. Not sure of the terms but it appears that he is moving back south.

Great pick up for Newy. We'll regret this one big time. I know they have a ton of $$ but I feel if we'd given him a clear path to a starting spot or at least 40min a game he might've stayed

Source?

Shame about Herman. Wayne probably angling for Lodge to play next year.

Well that sucks, but I guess it makes sense why Wayne dropped him. No point giving him any more first grade time if he's going to newy.

So focus on big Joe now? I think that is why Bennett played him queensland cup last week. Let see if he come back in team this year.

WHat can you do? It's a bit frustrating how they sign our player that we still want, and a Roosters player they are actually happy enough to get rid of. Why couldn't they go for JWH or something.

Isn't or wasn't he still contracted?

Isn't or wasn't he still contracted?

Yep ZT has him signed for '18 as well. Going off that, I doubt Wayne will approve a release. And nor should he. Players holding clubs to ransom is getting a bit tiresome

Yep ZT has him signed for '18 as well. Going off that, I doubt Wayne will approve a release. And nor should he. Players holding clubs to ransom is getting a bit tiresome
If he is signed to the Broncos for '18, he cannot sign for Newcastle until the 1st of November.

Regardless, I am biased towards Ofa. He's got the bigger motor and better defense, although not as much impact as Ese with his runs. We have TPJ and Fai for impact of the bench, and Lodge (blergh) will probably be another high impact player, but other than Arrow, we lack big motor middle players, so happy to keep Jo.

He's entitled to make the most of his career, whether with us, or as it seems someone else. When players are sacked for illdicipline and are straight away signed by another club is when I get annoyed. There should be a concrete ban by the NRL, enforced by every club.

But if he's still contracted for next year, even if he has signed a deal (which by the rules he isn't allowed to is he?) how can it be announced in the media (even if a Newcastle paper)?

Shame if true, i think he is one of the brighter young lights in our forward pack at the moment.

I wonder if Wayne will want him back in the top grade squad now ?

But if he's still contracted for next year, even if he has signed a deal (which by the rules he isn't allowed to is he?) how can it be announced in the media (even if a Newcastle paper)?

He can't sign a deal until November (unless we give him permission) and the Knights can't announce it until November 10 at the earliest (10 day cooling off period, if he signs on November 1).

The media can "speculate" though

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Spoon
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Wild Horse
  • Cavalo
  • Thelmus
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • mystico
  • Splinter
  • Morkel
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.