OFFICIAL Herman Ese'ese to Knights

Wayne doesn't have to take a paycut because we're not trying to fit the coaching staff in to a salary cap. We are with players.

Talanoa knows this, he is just peddling recycled Tallis nonsense.

If you are going to copy someone, I'm fucked if I know why you would choose Tallis.

I don't have a problem with the money side of things just non selection. If he is the best we have then put the toys back in the cot and pick him.

I don't have a problem with the money side of things just non selection. If he is the best we have then put the toys back in the cot and pick him.

I think if his form from 6 weeks ago had carried on then he wouldn't have been dropped. But he hasn't been performing to the same standard. He's a young prop, the reason it takes years for forwards to mature isn't because of skills, it's adapting to the constant battering at NRL level, learning techniques to be up each and every week, and being mentally strong enough to implement them.

Although I don't want Ese'ese to leave, I think it is the right decision.

We are still trying to retain Offa and a few other guys. If this dragged on for another few weeks/months and we ended up losing other players because of the uncertainty, those same people who are bitching about Ese'ese leaving would be bitching about how we lost these other guys too.

It's the nature of the salary cap, we can't keep everyone. This way, it gives us some clarity going forward and we can focus our efforts on keeping Offa and anyone else we want to re-sign.

Although I don't want Ese'ese to leave, I think it is the right decision.

We are still trying to retain Offa and a few other guys. If this dragged on for another few weeks/months and we ended up losing other players because of the uncertainty, those same people who are bitching about Ese'ese leaving would be bitching about how we lost these other guys too.

It's the nature of the salary cap, we can't keep everyone. This way, it gives us some clarity going forward and we can focus our efforts on keeping Offa and anyone else we want to re-sign.

Could mean the retention of fai , offa and possibly arrow.

I'm curious as to if Herman (read: his manager) come back and try and accept the original offer if we'll take him on still

I'm still not giving up hope

I'm curious as to if Herman (read: his manager) come back and try and accept the original offer if we'll take him on still

I'm still not giving up hope

The offer has been taken off the table, but you're thinking maybe they'll approach the Broncos and ask if it's still a possibility?

The offer has been taken off the table, but you're thinking maybe they'll approach the Broncos and ask if it's still a possibility?

Yeah, I mean it was so dumb to not make a decision earlier, but if Herman ends up choosing us and not signing with Newy, regardless of $$$, I wonder if Wayne will still want him (and thus use him in the top 17)

It has to be more than $85k, otherwise Newcastle wouldn't have bothered releasing him. They had to replace him with another player, also on at least $85k.
I thought Newcastle were only going to agree on a release if it was mutual and they didn't have to cover any of the costs??

I thought Newcastle were only going to agree on a release if it was mutual and they didn't have to cover any of the costs??
I'm unsure of the circumstances, but that would make more sense than the Knights paying his entire wage minus $85k.

I seem to recall that we got him at a discount because the Knights are paying some of his salary. Common sense says that we are paying him more than minimum wage in any case.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/f2d260e696298dc79a4ba96c7cd47dd8

"In a remarkable turnaround, Sims is back at the Broncos on a cut-price $80,000 deal after the lure of being coached by Bennett convinced him to leave Newcastle."

"Sims was due to earn $350,000 this year at Newcastle, but as part of his severance deal over summer, he received three months’ pay, worth around $115,000.
Even factoring in his basic Brisbane deal, Sims has sacrificed more than $150,000 this season, but said he was chasing one thing under Bennett at the Broncos."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/f2d260e696298dc79a4ba96c7cd47dd8

"In a remarkable turnaround, Sims is back at the Broncos on a cut-price $80,000 deal after the lure of being coached by Bennett convinced him to leave Newcastle."

"Sims was due to earn $350,000 this year at Newcastle, but as part of his severance deal over summer, he received three months’ pay, worth around $115,000.
Even factoring in his basic Brisbane deal, Sims has sacrificed more than $150,000 this season, but said he was chasing one thing under Bennett at the Broncos."

i always take figures posted in the media with a grain of salt...

Bird is a perfect example of why ... if you listen to figures that have been posted in the media, we are paying Bird anywhere from 750k to 1.2 million a season

Ah okay, that makes sense as it was his idea to leave. He's a bargain at $80k!

With this hard stance with Ese'Ese, one would think the same will be done with Moga if he hasn't signed or made a decision.

With this hard stance with Ese'Ese, one would think the same will be done with Moga if he hasn't signed or made a decision.
Nah, no one really gives a shit if Moga leaves.

i always take figures posted in the media with a grain of salt...

Bird is a perfect example of why ... if you listen to figures that have been posted in the media, we are paying Bird anywhere from 750k to 1.2 million a season

So you're saying that because the media constantly inflates our players' salaries, we can comfortably assume Sims' contract is somewhere between $20 per hour and a free pass at the Broncos Leagues Club buffet every weekend that they win? ;)

hopefully he officially signs before our next game then

Nah, no one really gives a shit if Moga leaves.

not quite accurate ... @Kyall will be devastated if he leaves

Difference between Moga and Herman is we have plenty of promising young forwards available to put in his place, we are light on centers so Moga is reasonably safe for now. If Opacic gets through the next few weeks without any reaction, I'd say Moga might find himself under a lot of pressure. I know Wayne thinks a lot of Tom. He put the team before himself and played injured, and also his desire to earn a contract by training for nothing. I can see him giving the game time to somebody who wants to play for us over somebody who wants to go to Newcastle.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • RolledOates
  • Mustafur
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.