RUMOUR Kieran Foran to Brisbane in 2018

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
....Uhummmm.....Just saw this on Nine as I walked in the door from work.

Where in the 7 hells did this come from?

Dobbo

Edit: Nvm, Badel has it as well.. might have some legs..

If this is correct, I will be cheering for a major injury to him.

IMO: He is nothing but trouble.

Definitely have to wait to see what he is like for the Warriors this year
If he plays good and behaves himself, I'm open to signing him but if he is a dipstick don't even think about it

Danny Weidler basically made this up a couple of weeks back in his gossip column in The Sun-Herald.

If he has dealt with the shit in his life, I would have him at the club.

If he hasn't, he can **** off.

Good player, if he's got his head on right then I'd have him.

But we are going to get linked to every halfback prospect up to and including Thurston until Round 1 2018.

Foran has approached Bennett about coming to the Broncos. He'd be the perfect match for a running half/ 5/8 like Milford.

As long as he has cleared his head.

Kieran Foran sounds out Broncos about the prospect of rebuilding his career under Wayne Bennett
Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail41 minutes ago

TROUBLED NRL star Kieran Foran has sounded out the Broncos about the prospect of rebuilding his career under master coach Wayne Bennett.

The Courier-Mail understands Foran’s management has contacted the Broncos outlining the playmaker’s desire to be mentored by Bennett at Red Hill next season.

Foran’s life went off the rails last year, with the former Kiwi Test five-eighth checking into rehab after his shock decision to walk away from a $5 million Parramatta contract.

Foran was cleared to return to the NRL a fortnight ago and is expected to make his comeback for new club the Warriors against Canterbury in round three.

But Foran’s tenure in New Zealand could be short-lived. He is off-contract this season and believes being coached by Bennett in Brisbane, where he has family support networks, can bring stability to his life off the field.

Foran would be the perfect on-field replacement for halfback Ben Hunt, who is joining the Dragons next season. The 26-year-old has played 156 NRL games, 30 Tests for the Kiwis and has premiership-winning experience after piloting Manly to the title in 2011.

The Broncos are scouring the market for Hunt’s replacement but have yet to formally target one playmaker. Bennett has already ruled out signing off-contract Tigers duo Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks.

Former Broncos five-eighth Darren Lockyer, now a member of the club’s recruitment-and-retention committee, lauded Foran’s ability and said it is crucial Brisbane make the right call.

“Kieran is an international and a premiership-winning half,” Lockyer said. “He’s a class player.

“Beyond Ben (Hunt), there are options internally, but being such an important long-term position the club needs to make a good decision.”

Foran has links with Bennett. The super coach was a former adviser to New Zealand, who surged to the No.1 ranking under coach Steve Kearney with Foran and Shaun Johnson as the Kiwis’ playmaking alliance.

Foran has also worked with Bennett in recent years as a member of the NRL All Stars team.

The Broncos coach has a history of resurrecting troubled NRL players. Bennett supported Darius Boyd during his battle with depression and issued lifelines to former jailbird Russell Packer and Maroons winger Dane Gagai during his time at Newcastle.

Legendary five-eighth Kevin Walters, who helped the Broncos to five premierships, said Foran would be a revelation in the Brisbane No.7 jumper.

“I don’t think it would be a risky purchase — he would be a great signing,” he said. “They would have to go through the checks and balances but the Broncos need someone to replace Ben Hunt.

“They need to replace Hunt with someone of high quality and they don’t get much better than Kieran Foran.
“I like what he does on the field. He’s had some problems off the field but he’s trying to fix all that up and a year at the Warriors will do him some good.

“The best playmakers find a way to win premierships and the Broncos have a history of quality halves.
“Wayne would be good for Kieran so hopefully it works out for the Broncos. I’d love to see them win a premiership again.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...t/news-story/e20a73374cf1e27a5ce5e6df95d92e18

Foran was working with a conditioner (Not actually sure what his job is but I'll find out) from our NYC team in Brisbane when he was out of the game.

He fell off the rails pretty big time by all accounts but if he can sort himself out and stay injury free he'd be perfect. Sign him up.

I would take him any day of the week, especially at 800k (he's worth more than DCE imo). A bloke like Bennett is exactly what he needs as well, I'm confident we'd see the best of him professionally and personally if he played for us.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.