Michael Morgan

I still rate Norman, but yeah ... no

On Morgan, as someone else said he has one 'bunny' in defence (Milf) and one play which is his curving run to the line that causes second-guesses in defence purely because of his speed and the one variable being the offload like in the GF.

Outside of that I don't see much in his arsenal. Maybe that's from his year at fullback in 2014 and also due to JT being the most dominant half in the game. We'll see the full Morgan spectrum (if it exists) once JT retires and he becomes the senior half.

He's useful in Origin because he's a big body as well as fast so he can inject some speed when needed and not be a liability in defence like some smaller players could be. Plus any possible hindrance to the Cows season is welcomed

Norman is playing very, very well this season, I would argue he is already emerging. I'm not saying he will be the premier Maroon half, that is clearly Milford, but if he keeps going the way he is, he will certainly not be out of the equation in a couple of years. This will be especially so if injuries hit.

Norman is playing very, very well this season, I would argue he is already emerging. I'm not saying he will be the premier Maroon half, that is clearly Milford, but if he keeps going the way he is, he will certainly not be out of the equation in a couple of years. This will be especially so if injuries hit.

Yes Norman is going very well this year so far, the issue that some are having in declaring that he has arrived blah blah blah is because they have seen this with him nearly every year.

Seriously how many false dawns has this guy had. "Every year he has had his best pre-season ever" "<insert halves partner here> will allow him to play his natural game" starts off the season really well "and is well in the mix for origin" only for him to drop off later in the year and go back to taking short cuts, looking uncommitted and uninterested.

No doubt that is true but this season there does seem to be something different about him. Time will tell.

No doubt that is true but this season there does seem to be something different about him. Time will tell.

Foran is playing his job perfectly and giving Norman plenty of time. Does that necessarily make Norman a better player though? For mine, coupled with how DCE has played without Foran, just says the praise should all go to Foran.

Any player would look amazing playing with Foran.

would it be unheard of to have Norman at 7 Milford at 6 for Qld.

Foran is an absolute superstar and the way DCE plays for Qld shows how much he has benefitted from unfair praise that should have gone to Foran. Norman no doubt is also benefiting immensely BUT he was great against us in round 1 before getting injured and having Foran there has just made him better in my opinion.

I'm not saying I want Norman anywhere near the origin side at this stage, I certainly don't. He is quite a long way down my pecking order but if he keeps up what he has shown in the first six rounds, in a year or three might be a different story. Particularly a different story if DCE and Hunt do little to dispel the massive question marks over their heads at rep level.

Unread

Active Now

• Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • Ondi
  • Lurker
  • Midean
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.