Jordan Kahu released - Signs with Cowboys

This signing (if it happens) just makes so much sense. Kahu's future at Brisbane is shaky at best and he certainly won't be the number 1 any time soon, he should be signing on that dotted line asap, it is a smart move for both Kahu and the Cows.

Let him go imo. I'd rather seem him starting for another club than wallowing away and decreasing his future contract value in reserve grade here, far better for him if we let him go. Plus with the signing of Kennar as depth I think Jordy is surplus.

Them paying McGuire more than he was on for us and now going after Kahu to play FB are bottom 4 type signings from a club heading in that direction. The pressure on Morgan must be unreal, because if he doesn't perform like is predicted then they're basically the new Bulldogs: all their money spent on middle forwards with horrid outside backs and an average spine.

Last edited:
Let him go imo. I'd rather seem him starting for another club than wallowing away and decreasing his future contract value in reserve grade here, far better for him if we let him go. Plus with the signing of Kennar as depth I think Jordy is surplus.

Agree with that although I think he is a far better player than Kennar.

Green under pressure. Long way from supposedly being offered a job here to no Thurston. Have a lot of time for Jordon but makes sense.

Why is everyone so keen to let him go? There is nobody else to buy and he is a GREAT depth option. If we get to the backend of the season and have a few injuries his experience will be invaluable. That and **** helping out the cows.

Why is everyone so keen to let him go? There is nobody else to buy and he is a GREAT depth option. If we get to the backend of the season and have a few injuries his experience will be invaluable. That and **** helping out the cows.

I think most people on here rate him as a bloke and would rather him succeed elsewhere than rot away in Queensland Cup for 20 rounds of the season. Plus it's the final year of his contract, meaning if he's playing QCUP all year he'll have zero leverage to get another decent contract here or elsewhere next season, it'd be a massive blow to his career. I'd rather the bloke get a chance to start at Fullback for the Cowboys, and would be rooting for him all the way (despite hating the Cowboys)

Edit: Just checked, apparently he has 2 years left on his current Broncos contract, but my point stands.

Last edited:
I think most people on here rate him as a bloke and would rather him succeed elsewhere than rot away in Queensland Cup for 20 rounds of the season. Plus it's the final year of his contract, meaning if he's playing QCUP all year he'll have zero leverage to get another decent contract here or elsewhere next season, it'd be a massive blow to his career. I'd rather the bloke get a chance to start at Fullback for the Cowboys, and would be rooting for him all the way (despite hating the Cowboys)

Edit: Just checked, apparently he has 2 years left on his current Broncos contract, but my point stands.

But I bet you would change your tune if we got to round 20 and 2-3 of our backs get injured. "it's a business these days" is the line everyone keeps dropping. Letting him go would be a bad business decision.

Bit odd that Kahu would be willing to move on a one year deal, although he'd be in a starting role, which will help further deals.

Also why the **** would we subsidize the deal... cows desperate for him make them pay full fucking price

Yeah I would only be agreeing to this if it is a clean cut. We have absolutely zero reason to offer up Kahu to the Cows on a subsidy. We aren't the idiots that took a huge punt on a dickwad like Barba, why do we need to pay the price?

I like Kahu, he has been a real battler, but there is also a reason for that. Probably the most injury prone player the Broncos have ever had for so long. Also backline spots and salary cap space are at a premium and he is, to be frank, very off the pace. Cheers for your services, Jordan.

Yeah I would only be agreeing to this if it is a clean cut. We have absolutely zero reason to offer up Kahu to the Cows on a subsidy. We aren't the idiots that took a huge punt on a dickwad like Barba, why do we need to pay the price?

I like Kahu, he has been a real battler, but there is also a reason for that. Probably the most injury prone player the Broncos have ever had for so long. Also backline spots and salary cap space are at a premium and he is, to be frank, very off the pace. Cheers for your services, Jordan.

I maintain that Jack Reed played his entire career injured, every time he got up after being tackled he looked cooked. Sheer agony on the lads face.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.