Phil Gould's latest article

I'm saying they weren't picked on form but that they were picked on the fact they were so-called 'origin' players. tough cookies.

ah i see, coz we were going to have an argument if u were bagging those 3 out! lol

no i think they were picked on form. they were killing it at club level iirc?

Anonymous person said:

but that 'mongrel' didn't exactly get us anywhere did it?

Bannermania said:
Anonymous person said:

did you not watch the first game of the 2001 series? eusa_think

I attribute that win in 01 largely to the complacency shown by NSW. They had just put 56 points on us in game 3 the previous year and thought it would be a walk in the park, big mistake.

Anonymous person said:
Bannermania said:
[quote="Anonymous person":22z3w893]no i think they were picked on form. they were killing it at club level iirc?

did you not watch the first game of the 2001 series? eusa_think[/quote:22z3w893]

Yeah, I did. But those guys weren't exactly going to hang around and play for a decade with us were they?

Bannermania said:
Yeah, I did. But those guys weren't exactly going to hang around and play for a decade with us were they?
john doyle couldve, if only his body held up. his career was basically over in 2002 from injuries.

So what I'm saying is, the term 'Origin' players is stupid. Picking players because they would be good for Origin is redundant.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Fatboy
  • Broncorob
  • upthebroncs
  • leon.bott
  • Redux
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • bert_lifts
  • broncomax
  • thenry
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.