PRE-GAME Round 16 - Broncos vs Raiders

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

We are going to get beaten like a red headed step child.
Well I hope writing that made you feel better, because most of it was nonsense.

Winning a bunch of close games isn't indicative of how awful we are. It's evidence that we're a middling team. Middling teams win close games against other middling teams and lose some games against awful teams that they probably should have won.

The Raiders are another middling team. They might have turned a corner and become a good team with the return of Hodgson, but I'd need more evidence than a win over an out of sorts Tigers team to change my mind.

I'll wager that this will be another close game that if we win, Brent will claim that we shouldn't have.

Brent, put the bottle down and have a nap mate, you're cut off.

We should get this useless bunch of rabble. Just keep it close, they never win close ones.

I am watching Fifita against Dolphins and they worked him over. He missed six tackles, making double efforts and they just made him keep going. Slowed his play the balls down and gave him a lesson in football.

He's missed 16 now in four games.

He got into dummy half more and helped out which is a positive. He still made good ground but doesn't have those little NRL things in his game yet.

32 tackle breaks in four games, he's a handful.
That's interesting about Fafita. Of course I was talking about Tagatese in first grade but thanks for the info on Fafita !!

That's interesting about Fafita. Of course I was talking about Tagatese in first grade but thanks for the info on Fafita !!

I know you were but I was adding to your Taggers debate with someone who could replace him on the bench.

Bit drastic even by my standards but have to agree more than disagree. Team is being carried by young forwards at moment. Bennett might come up with something but best thing that could happen to Broncs is Boyd retiring immediately. Defence can learn to stop having a panic attack when he isn’t there to tell them where to stand. Bennett clearly can’t be objective about Boyd and he needs a wake up call that his legacy is being tainted.

1. Milf
6. Bird
7. Dargan/half purchased with Boyd’s money
9. Macca/KNik combo.

Not best spine on the comp but with someone organising at halfback and right coaching structures in place might be enough to take advantage of our young forwards punching though the middle.

Current spine couldn’t organise a chook raffle and has just plain forgotten how to support a runner.

You dont just learn elite fullback defence overnight and Milford isnt a fullback anymore. He is way to big to be a fullback these days.

You dont just learn elite fullback defence overnight and Milford isnt a fullback anymore. He is way to big to be a fullback these days.
wut-gif.gif

I know you were but I was adding to your Taggers debate with someone who could replace him on the bench.
Ok, my bad. I was thinking just a rotation of roles and putting Tagas 10-20 minutes elsewhere.

GregI-1084x650.png

Too big? No.

But I really don't think fullback is where he should be playing. He couldn't organize a root in a brothel with a handful of 100's, how is he going to organize a defensive line? That's half the job.

2015 showed he belongs at 5/8. But he just needs a half next to him that can take that pressure off him.

Maybe he can become an organizing half. It is a skill that someone can learn and he has shown improvement.

GregI-1084x650.png

Too big? No.

But I really don't think fullback is where he should be playing. He couldn't organize a root in a brothel with a handful of 100's, how is he going to organize a defensive line? That's half the job.

2015 showed he belongs at 5/8. But he just needs a half next to him that can take that pressure off him.

Maybe he can become an organizing half. It is a skill that someone can learn and he has shown improvement.

There's big.. and then there's.. big.

GregI-1084x650.png

Too big? No.

He needs something cause is really struggling to go to the next level.

GregI-1084x650.png

Too big? No.

wut-gif.gif

P.S. I hope you realise that organising a defense is a much simpler job than controlling a game and organising the attack, which is what would be required of an organising half.

Yeah, I don't think organising the defence is anywhere near as involved as doing it for the attack. Melbourne has had the best defence in the comp for years now, so you've gotta assume Billy Slater is probably the best defensive organiser in the NRL. Could he do the same in attack though? Or Tedesco, or Dugan?

wut-gif.gif

P.S. I hope you realise that organising a defense is a much simpler job than controlling a game and organising the attack, which is what would be required of an organising half.

I am very much aware of that.

Ok, because your post is contradictory.

Well I never said Milford can't learn to organize at fullback, but that's not a skill he has so he should not be playing at fullback.

As I said, I think he belongs at 5/8. He isn't an organizing half at the moment, but maybe he can learn to become one.

We are going to get beaten like a red headed step child.

Despite the delusions of grandeur on here, this team is presently shit. They could be good, but clearly none of them give a sufficient number of ***** to do the hard work when it matters.

This year alone we have -

Been beaten by the Titans, Manly and the Knights - the effort in each was pathetic. The knock on from the tap against the Titans was disgraceful

Been flogged by the Storm and the Dragons

Had a massive collapse against the Storm

Should have lost to the Cowboys

Should have lost to the Tigers

Should have lost to the Dogs

Should have lost to the Chooks

Barely beat Parramatta

Beat the Sharks because of a forward pass

I can make a pretty good case for our being one of the worst teams in the comp.

Mark my words; Brisbane won’t win the comp whilst any of the following is true:

- Bennett is coach
-Boyd is captain
- Milford is 5/8
- Knick is 1/2 back

There's a virtual world where Broncos haters would be and they reckon Broncos should lose every game they play. I reckon that would suit most mate honestly.

The team we've now would beat any team in the comp & all teams will have an unhappy day against any team (Storm v Tigers twice for example).

Stop whinging all the time and enjoy the ride mate. We are in for a nice one this year.

Last edited:
There's a virtual world where Broncos haters would be and they reckon Broncos should loose every game we play. I reckon that would suit most mate honestly.

The team we've now would beat any team in the comp & all teams will have an unhappy day against any team (Storm v Tigers twice for example).

Stop whinging all the time and enjoy the ride mate. We are in for a nice one this year.
One more edit...loose, lose.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.