Round 16 - Broncos vs Sharks - Pre-Game Discussion

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
for this game the team i would go with is, assuming Parker, Macca and Gillett are out:

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Hoffman
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. Granville
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Oates

14. A hooker that is not Stagg
15. Lowrie
16. Wallace
17. Hala/Molo

obviously if any of Parker, Macca or Gillett are fit, hey would come straight in.

the Sharks haven't scored a point for the last 3 weeks, hopefully we aren't the first team in a month to let them score...

This should be an easy win the Sharks haven't scored any points in 3 games and have quite possibly the weakest team in the game.

We need to win this game. The sharks will be desperate and I just hope the boys are not complacent!! If we are serious about this season we need to win and win well. If we allow the sharks into the game and turn it into a arm wrestle we could have our pants pulled down!!

11. Glenn
12. Oates
13. Thaiday

It's never too late to start naming them properly Griffin.

11. Glenn
12. Oates
13. Thaiday

It's never too late to start naming them properly Griffin.

He named them properly for the Warriors game.

Oates only got moved to the bench when Thaiday and Gillett got cleared to back up. And if those 2 are fit, they start every time. Oates also played plenty of minutes.

True, didn't notice that. No point not doing it again now though. Oates would play on the right, Thaiday in the middle.

Tending to the big problems I see.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

We need to win this game. The sharks will be desperate and I just hope the boys are not complacent!! If we are serious about this season we need to win and win well. If we allow the sharks into the game and turn it into a arm wrestle we could have our pants pulled down!!

100% Donald. We have more to play for than they do and really should have it in the bag.

Complacency is a big issue, though. We have been guilty in the past few years of not showing respect to opposition we are expected to win comfortably against (like the Eels).

I am half expecting the Sharks to break their drought with points and get a win. We need to be merciless. Win and win comfortably. Anything less is unacceptable.

I think we need to spread the ball wide and often in this game. Spread their defence out, then rip them up the middle. I expect Hodges, Copley and Barba to have a field day here.

Barba MOTM with a hat trick.

I'm looking forward to this game. The Broncos aren't just playing for themselves, they are playing for the entire NRL in trying to keep Cronulla scoreless for an entire month.

we should be putting 50 on these guys and play ourselves into form. unfortunately we always play teams at rock bottom who come to Suncorp with a siege mentality. hook will again pick stagg and lowrie. why?

we should be putting 50 on these guys and play ourselves into form. unfortunately we always play teams at rock bottom who come to Suncorp with a siege mentality. hook will again pick stagg and lowrie. why?

I'd be fine with Lowrie, but I'd drop Stagg and use Jayden Berrell perhaps off the bench. Maybe even drop Lowrie too and promote Molo or Ofahengaue. Both were outstanding on the weekend.

If we are a serious team, this will be an absolute belting.

Gallen has come out calling for the Sharks to get a new coach for the remainder of the year.

He says the players are putting in 100% because they don't think Sharp is putting in 100%

Error Page

Last edited:
The wet blanket here ... The Sharks on paper are a very good side. Of course, their form is not on paper but on turf where it is awful. However, with a side like them, they are capable of anything. If we give them the slightest sniff of complacency, or miss tackels and give away stupid penalties, or let their forwards dominate, we are in for a tough match.

It's also about time that we used Oates as a hole running back rower, not a battering ram. It's about time that Hunt worked on some combinations with Oates, and it would be nice to see Hook use that inside-outside play with Hodges that Mal tried in Origin 2.

If we lose this, well ... there can be absolutely no excuses to lose this.

Gallon has come out calling for the Sharks to get a new coach for the remainder of the year.

He says the players are putting in 100% because they don't think Sharp is putting in 100%

Error Page

Sounds like someones getting too big for his boots. Gallen barely plays for the Sharks anyway. I'd strip his captaincy and send him to NSW Cup.

Losing this would be embarrassing.

No doubt they'll score against us though.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • azza.79
  • Bish
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Manofoneway
  • kman
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.