Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I never thought I would be unhappy to see Blair out..

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Surely he has to challenge it. The shot was marginally late, and he wrapped his arm around Elgey.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
what's the point? brisbane never win at the judiciary.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
it looked bad, but on closer inspection I think it's just an accidently head clash. If that's a penalty for a late tackle they'll have to give 10 of those per match. I'd say challenge. the video is on our side.

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
For a shoulder charge?! MRC are dunces. I'd challenge it.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Definitely fight it. The charge is for a shoulder charge. The footage I've seen clearly shows Blair raise his arms. 100% not guilty.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
More than likely the MRC would have footage from different angles that shows a much different picture.

I think the head movement of Elgey and the fact that he head slammed the ground went against Blair.

Just take the early plea.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
It doesn't matter if his head fell off when he hit the ground. He's been charged with a shoulder charge and it clearly isn't a shoulder charge.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
It doesn't matter if his head fell off when he hit the ground. He's been charged with a shoulder charge and it clearly isn't a shoulder charge.

Exactly right. Shoulder charge is a defined term (see my thread about Blair being acquitted). What he did was not (according to the definition) a shoulder charge.

MRC got a bit cute (obviously the replay didn't show he hit him high) and fucked up the charge.

Blair must be acquitted.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Challenge it for sure. Bennett probably doesn't want the distraction of a hearing, but IMO it will do us good long term for the NRL to see we're not just going to cop whatever bullshit arbitrary charges get laid on our players.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Definitely not a shoulder charge, his arms wrapped around.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I agree with this a lot.

At the same time, I'd suggest that the combination Milford and Glenn have is very different to that of Hunt and Gillett and is also complicated in a sense by Hodges's presence on the right side. Hodges tends IMO to do what Hodges wants. In fact, I am unsure if there is any combination worked out between Gillett and Hunt, unlike Milford and Glenn who seem to follow each other everywhere in attack and defence. Gillett appears to be left to his own devices a lot of the time, unless it's a set play.

Maybe as Morkel says it's a part of Bennett's structure. In any case, I remember vividly what Gillett is capable of with his running game, passing, offloading and even kicking if given room and quality ball. I guess I just want to see Gillett run more than 5 metres before he hits the line.

Also, for mine, hole running is equally set up by the halves and is part of the game plan, as much as the receiver picking the right line to run out of the blue so to speak. Anyway, I think Morkel is right, and the plan is working. I just miss Gillett with the ball with a bit of room to move.
Yeah, I also think the Milford-Glenn combo is much more beneficial than the Hunt-Gillette one, and this probably requires more training from both sides. I also agree that Hodges is a "disruptive factor" in this equation.

Of course, the defensive effort probably takes a toll (9 one on one tackles against the Tits! :shocked:), and possibly blunts Matt's attack, but I do definitely believe he could be much better utilised in attack.

I think Bennett is preparing Gillett to replace Parker when the time comes to replace him (with Oates possibly going to the right edge), and defense was the main thing he needed to work on. He has become a freaking tackling machine and our right side defense is better for it. In fact, I think we have the best defensive edge of the comp with Hunt, Gillett, Hodgo and Kahu there.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Definitely not a shoulder charge, his arms wrapped around.

Yep. IMO if that was a shoulder charge then 99% of the tackles in the NRL are shoulder charges.

Also agree with Morkel that we should challenge so the judiciary realise we won't keep swallowing their bullshit

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • Aldo
  • KickHaas
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.