Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
What do?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Hoffman won't be playing again this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Round 23 - Broncos vs Knights - Pre Game Discussion

It may in fact be Round 24, can someone please fix that. :(

@Big Pete

interesting game. will the knights even get up for the game? bennett coaching against the side he's coming home to next year..

team wise, well hook aint going to try anything so i cant even be bothered to throw up ideas.

hoffmans gone so that fits griffos favourite player reed back into the backilne and im going to assume hodges/barba switch it up between fb and 6.

the usual starting pack will be named with a 5 player bench that being hannant kennedy oates from tonight plus granville and lowrie. toss a coin for the final make up.

Last edited:
We should win comfortably but I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett finds a way to beat us. He would've been analyzing the team closely since signing on for next year.

Round 24: Broncos vs Knights - Pre-Game Discussion

I'd rather forget about tonights game and talk about us smashing Bennett (oh and his Knights :takdir: ) next week. so assuming Hoffman is out, this is the team i would like to see named:

1. Kahu (definately his best position - would also mean not mass positional changes)
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Maranta
6. Barba
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Granville
15. Kennedy
16. Oates
17. Hannant

Re: Round 24: Broncos vs Knights - Pre-Game Discussion

I'd love to see that team but you're forgetting about Reed.

1. Kodi Nikorima
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges (c)
5. Jack Reed
6. Ben Barba
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Corey Parker (c)
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Sam Thaiday

14. Jake Granville
15. Ben Hannant
16. Corey Oates
17. Martin Kennedy

Maybe something like this..

griffin is absolutely not going to take a punt on a youngster in a game that, a) will actually keep our season alive if we win, and b) a game verse bennett.

1. Kodi Nikorima
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges (c)
5. Jack Reed
6. Ben Barba
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Corey Parker (c)
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Sam Thaiday

14. Jake Granville
15. Ben Hannant
16. Corey Oates
17. Martin Kennedy

Maybe something like this..

I think Kahu is in line for a go before Nikorima (and rightly so IMO)

I think Kahu is in line for a go before Nikorima (and rightly so IMO)

My only concern is that Kahu has been playing in the centres in QCUP and on the wing in First Grade, who knows how long it's been since he actually played Fullback, whereas Kodi has been playing Fullback most of the year I think.

My only concern is that Kahu has been playing in the centres in QCUP and on the wing in First Grade, who knows how long it's been since he actually played Fullback, whereas Kodi has been playing Fullback most of the year I think.

Kodi started the year off in the halves. but i get your meaning. the other option that might work is Hodges starting at fullback.

the one positional change that i really don't want to see is moving Barba back there ... he has just got his confidence back and is improving every week at 6. he is already behind the 8 ball since Griffin started Hoffman at 6 in round 1. playing 6 takes time to get used to and i'd rather us not set him back

do we honestly think reed vidot or maranta will get dropped? we still have a full backline for next week that played tonight, its just that reed will start the game instead of play from teh bench.

I'd like to see a fresh face squeeze in the backline somewhere. I've not seen Barba play all year but he's talked up in his thread. At the very least I think it might be nice to check him out and see what a genuine try scorer adds to our team. Might also lift Benny, playing with him could help him up his game.

Would also like to see more of Oates, even if at the expense of my boy Gillett. Oates was fucking fantastic last year but this year he's getting very little game time and IMO that could stunt his development. Let's change that.

Of course, none of these things are going to happen. But that's okay, I just remind myself that next year we have Milford. Without Griffin. That thought is like morphine.

Kahu / K.Nikorima / M.Barba

I'd love to see any of those 3 at Fullback next game tbh.. add some freshness to the squad, some speed.

KaiBack.jpg

I'd like to see a fresh face squeeze in the backline somewhere. I've not seen Barba play all year but he's talked up in his thread. At the very least I think it might be nice to check him out and see what a genuine try scorer adds to our team. Might also lift Benny, playing with him could help him up his game.

Would also like to see more of Oates, even if at the expense of my boy Gillett. Oates was ****ing fantastic last year but this year he's getting very little game time and IMO that could stunt his development. Let's change that.

Of course, none of these things are going to happen. But that's okay, I just remind myself that next year we have Milford. Without Griffin. That thought is like morphine.

I'm a big Oates fan. Letting the ball go dead last game showed maturity. Then this week he dragged a whole bunch of Souths players with him. Put in a huge tackle as well but disappeared too quickly to have anymore impact.

do we honestly think reed vidot or maranta will get dropped? we still have a full backline for next week that played tonight, its just that reed will start the game instead of play from teh bench.

I don't think any of those 2 will be dropped.

With Hoffman gone, that pretty much guarantees them a spot in the back line.

Given the structure of the side after Hoffman went off I wouldn't be surprised if we see this team named:

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Copely
4. Reed
5. Maranta
6. Hodges
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Thaiday

14. Granville
15. Kennedy
16. Hannant
17. Oates

18. Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • cento
  • Broncorob
  • MrRobot
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Tmac
  • Painin the Haas
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Kev_Guz
  • Brocko
  • HarryAllan7
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.