Jordan Kahu Toxicity

Must admit, i dont blame him for getting a bit back on the club after the way they let him leave. Thankfully we seem to treat players a lot better now.
Did he pay for the clubs medical bills without an inch given the other way? Bcos that's what it would take for him to have a leg to stand on in being pissed at the club. The club at that time did a lot of things wrong but ffs if there was 1 player who had no right to be pissed at the club it was him, stood by him through YEARS of injuries, years.

Did he pay for the clubs medical bills without an inch given the other way? Bcos that's what it would take for him to have a leg to stand on in being pissed at the club. The club at that time did a lot of things wrong but ffs if there was 1 player who had no right to be pissed at the club it was him, stood by him through YEARS of injuries, years.

I dont get why people get salty about it. They didnt stand by him out of the kindness of their hearts, they stood by him because he signed the contract they put in front of him. They had an obligation to look after a contracted player. He had every right to do what he did. Why do you think a contracted player has to pay back their medical bills? Thats ridiculous. All he did was see out his contract.

I dont blame him one bit. He had every right to be pissed off with the club. When they literally put all his gear outside in black bags and didnt let him back to see the players before he left, he's not exactly going to be happy about something like that.

I dont get why people get salty about it. They didnt stand by him out of the kindness of their hearts, they stood by him because he signed the contract they put in front of him. They had an obligation to look after a contracted player. He had every right to do what he did. Why do you think a contracted player has to pay back their medical bills? Thats ridiculous. All he did was see out his contract.

I dont blame him one bit. He had every right to be pissed off with the club. When they literally put all his gear outside in black bags and didnt let him back to see the players before he left, he's not exactly going to be happy about something like that.

It's 50-50 for me. The club shouldn't have signed him to the deal he got but it was pretty obvious once he was sent to the Cows that he was surplus to requirements. Negotiate a payout and retire before the season started once the Cows released him on medical grounds. Whatever really happened behind the scenes it ended up looking like "**** you, pay me" and whether that was the attitude from Kahu or not, that's what the fans got the impression of.

It's 50-50 for me. The club shouldn't have signed him to the deal he got but it was pretty obvious once he was sent to the Cows that he was surplus to requirements. Negotiate a payout and retire before the season started once the Cows released him on medical grounds. Whatever really happened behind the scenes it ended up looking like "**** you, pay me" and whether that was the attitude from Kahu or not, that's what the fans got the impression of.

Cowboys didnt release him on medical grounds. We basically loaned him to the cowboys for a year, and they didnt want him after that year so he still had his contract with the Broncos.

Dont deny though he didnt come out of it looking great. I think he should have just kept his mouth shut tbh and kept his head down.

Cowboys didnt release him on medical grounds. We basically loaned him to the cowboys for a year, and they didnt want him after than year so he still had his contract with the Broncos.

Yeah, you're right there. He came back busted from my recollection which probably played a part in the cows not keeping him on but given it was a loan, they wouldn't needed a reason to.

Yeah, you're right there. He came back busted from my recollection which probably played a part in the cows not keeping him on but given it was a loan, they wouldn't needed a reason to.

He was a bit of a panic siging iirc because Ben Barba lost the plot off the field and got his contract terminated.

There are about 16 other clubs that would have found a way out of his contracts. From memory he was even re-signed on good faith. Even if he did just do it bcos it was his right, that STILL makes it poor form that he was bitter at the club. Why? They could have EASILY shafted him. At the end of the day, they paid him for ueats more then what he was worth out of good faith.

Some prick at my work starts complaining about their pay or the way they are treated after 4 or 5 years of workers comp from performing expected duties with no poor form or cause by the employer I wouldn't have an ounce of respect for them or care what they had to say. Yes, injuries suck, but the broncos didn't cause his, they helped him through it....

There are about 16 other clubs that would have found a way out of his contracts. From memory he was even re-signed on good faith. Even if he did just do it bcos it was his right, that STILL makes it poor form that he was bitter at the club. Why? They could have EASILY shafted him. At the end of the day, they paid him for ueats more then what he was worth out of good faith.

Some prick at my work starts complaining about their pay or the way they are treated after 4 or 5 years of workers comp from performing expected duties with no poor form or cause by the employer I wouldn't have an ounce of respect for them or care what they had to say. Yes, injuries suck, but the broncos didn't cause his, they helped him through it....

He wasnt re-signed on good faith. The way it worked with him, the Cowboys took his contract for the year he went up there, but if they didnt want him his contract at the Broncos still stood. They didnt want him so he came back. I'd like to know how Brisbane could have shafted him tbh. How did they pay him out of good faith as well. They paid him what his contract said they would pay him. No good faith in there at all, just the club fulfilling its obligations.

Again though, the Broncos helped him through injuries because they were legally obliged to help him. Dont try to make it out like they did him a favour. They didnt. Its not even remotley like workers comp. He came back, did what he was supposed to do, trained, made himself available for selection and even played a couple of games from memory. He didnt refuse to train or play so i dont see the issue really.

If you cant see why he had the shits with Brisbane i dont know what to tell you. Regardless of how he carried on when he came back ( which i wasnt a fan of ) It was a shitty way to treat a player who had always done his best for us and never been any trouble.

Cowboys didnt release him on medical grounds. We basically loaned him to the cowboys for a year, and they didnt want him after that year so he still had his contract with the Broncos.

Dont deny though he didnt come out of it looking great. I think he should have just kept his mouth shut tbh and kept his head down.
To me he can be as pissed off at the Broncos as much as he wants to be, but fans are fans.

His actions throughout the whole thing was public and the people seeing his posts are the fans and it was mostly a slap in the face of Broncos fans.

He was acting like his 20 games at the cows was the epitome of his career and he was going to retire in Townsville.... and yet he's at Broncos finals games in the box with Glenn, Yow Yeh, etc.

He knows where his bread is going to come from moving forward, but he's pissed off at least this fanbase with his actions

To me he can be as pissed off at the Broncos as much as he wants to be, but fans are fans.

His actions throughout the whole thing was public and the people seeing his posts are the fans and it was mostly a slap in the face of Broncos fans.

He was acting like his 20 games at the cows was the epitome of his career and he was going to retire in Townsville.... and yet he's at Broncos finals games in the box with Glenn, Yow Yeh, etc.

He knows where his bread is going to come from moving forward, but he's pissed off at least this fanbase with his actions

I dont argue he annoyed the fan base. At the same time though, what do you think he was going to do. He had a contract here, he had no other offers. He wasnt going to just throw away his contract because it might upset some people. Nobody on here is throwing away a 300k plus a year contract because some fans might get upset.

The Broncos though could have diffused the whole situation when it happened by admitting they got it wrong with how he was treated. We have treated homophobes and blokes that threaten women with violence with more respect than we did Kahu. Probably shows the difference in regimes really. Dumping a blokes gear on the car park then refusing him entry to say goodbye to his team mates is pretty shabby. I havent seen him acting like you said he was about his time in Townsville. He was rightly bitter about his treatment, and it probably hurt him a lot because of his affinity with the Broncos. He loved the club, still probably does but at the time he was dirty with the regime running the joint. Most people on here werent happy with them either.

I dont argue he annoyed the fan base. At the same time though, what do you think he was going to do. He had a contract here, he had no other offers. He wasnt going to just throw away his contract because it might upset some people. Nobody on here is throwing away a 300k plus a year contract because some fans might get upset.

The Broncos though could have diffused the whole situation when it happened by admitting they got it wrong with how he was treated. We have treated homophobes and blokes that threaten women with violence with more respect than we did Kahu. Probably shows the difference in regimes really. Dumping a blokes gear on the car park then refusing him entry to say goodbye to his team mates is pretty shabby. I havent seen him acting like you said he was about his time in Townsville. He was rightly bitter about his treatment, and it probably hurt him a lot because of his affinity with the Broncos. He loved the club, still probably does but at the time he was dirty with the regime running the joint. Most people on here werent happy with them either.
But to be fair to us folk without any inside knowledge, we don’t know this info about the dumping of gear and refusal to say goodbye. We just see the saltiness on the other side. That’s what we base our opinions on.

I loved Kahu and his willingness to come back from injury. I loved his general attitude and his ability. He was a more than handy NRL player regardless of where his potential sat.

His exit from the Broncos though tarnished his reputation based on the information the layperson had.

I'm talking about his social media presence, marketting of himself, etc.

He's fully entitled to getting that cash from his contract.. Broncos fans are well experienced in shit contracts over the last few years.

I also dont know anything about how the Broncos treated him, but as I said he can hate on the Broncos as an organisation as much as he wants... and I'm assuming that was when we were under White.

What I'm talking about is fans and why fans dont like him anymore.

I daresay when he left he was probably in the same vein as Kemp... a junior that came through and experienced some good times. If Kemp pops up on the big screen at Suncorp he'd probably get a cheer... not sure Kahu would anymore.

I'm just saying the way he handled things on the way out has not endeared himself to Broncos fans, and unlike Tate, I dont think he can rely on being a sideline commentator for Cows games, because they've probably already forgotten that he played there.

But to be fair to us folk without any inside knowledge, we don’t know this info about the dumping of gear and refusal to say goodbye. We just see the saltiness on the other side. That’s what we base our opinions on.

I loved Kahu and his willingness to come back from injury. I loved his general attitude and his ability. He was a more than handy NRL player regardless of where his potential sat.

His exit from the Broncos though tarnished his reputation based on the information the layperson had.

I didn't see much of his social media, but the one thing that stuck out for me was when he said he was coming out to address Broncos fans and reveal why he's coming back. Fans like me thought it would be a claim of unfinished business, wanting to prove himself, etc. But he basically came out and explained the cold legalities of the situation and it came across like he didn't necessarily want to come back but without any other offers he's entitled to use as as a fallback. Not untrue, but at a time where fans were desperate for some positivity, it stunk.

He'd have their phone numbers. lol

Also we don't know what went down. Could be a huge coverup from the clubs part. (could be protecting him)

Yep, I am wearing something similar.

Conspiracy

I think you are misinterpreting what a lot of fans have against his actions. He should have just come back and got his money while injured like he did most of his career rather than make all this shit public.

Sorry, I missed about whom we’re talking about. Care to mention names?

I think you are misinterpreting what a lot of fans have against his actions. He should have just come back and got his money while injured like he did most of his career rather than make all this shit public.

I'm not misenterpreting anything. I did say i didnt like how he handled it, but i still dont blame the bloke. They treated him like shit. People carry on about him like he refused to train or refused to play. He came back, got fit, trained properly and turned up every day like he was supposed to and was selected for a few games as well. People were just salty because they didnt want him to come back.

He'd have their phone numbers. lol

Also we don't know what went down. Could be a huge coverup from the clubs part. (could be protecting him)

Yep, I am wearing something similar.

View attachment 27490

Well, i know what went down, and he publically revealved he didnt get to say goodbye to his teams mates, and also staff around the club, which the club never denied that it happened. Just because he was able to see some of them at a later time doesnt make how they treated him any better.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Financeguy
  • Mister Wright
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Santa
  • MrRobot
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Skyblues87
  • Xzei
  • The Strapper
  • dasherhalo
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Justwin
  • Skathen
  • Allo
  • Fozz
  • MasterWright
  • Organix
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.