[Rumour] Chris Sandow ---> Broncos

He had a top game tonight, I won't deny that, doesn't change the inconsistency his shown throughout his career though, I will give him one thing though, I wouldn't replace him for Hunt, but Hoffman in the halves, definitely.

Why ......because he's played a couple half decent games in a row?

Don't think so.

Sandow had a night tonight I'd back him 1 out off 10

He had a top game tonight, I won't deny that, doesn't change the inconsistency his shown throughout his career though, I will give him one thing though, I wouldn't replace him for Hunt, but Hoffman in the halves, definitely.

Last night if we swapped Hunt for Sandow, we win. Simple!

Sandow wouldn't have fixed any of the defensive problems or the silly unforced errors.

I know some fans try and condense their thoughts into neat little sound-bites but honestly...

Classic diamonds game.

If he plays plays with any consistency this year I'll be impressed.

Sandow wouldn't have fixed any of the defensive problems or the silly unforced errors.

I know some fans try and condense their thoughts into neat little sound-bites but honestly...

Or the poor forward display either, really we were poor across the board in all the fundamental basics and that made it even easier for the Eels, put Sandow in the side with that going on and I doubt he makes the difference suggested.

I knew these "sound bites", as BP put so well, would show up as soon as Sandow has one of his 3 or 4 good games a season. :rolleyes:

Last night if we swapped Hunt for Sandow, we win. Simple!

That sir is wrong, our problem wasn't Hunt. Sandow had Hayne to run with we had Barba who dished out a terrible performance. our defence was shit, Hunt had great defence and pulled off some wonderful tackles as did Sandow. Now swap Hoffman with Sandow and maybe just maybe we win, not because we have a better half but because the Eels don't have a half.

Sound bites! You're off your head. When are you blokes going to realise that Hunt has yet been able to organise a pack of forwards or backline all year. Remember that Sandow only had Norman outside him (who we let go without a replacement).

It appears neither Porthoz or Big Pete has never played the game (so your silly opinions can be excused) but you probably don't understand one of the roles of a good half back is to organise the forwards and bark instructions. I was at the game last night and could see Sandow doing it most of the night. Hunt hardly talked on field, and if he did, they must have been whispers.

Sandow took the line on, organised his forwards, was calling guys inside an outside him making defenders second guess themselves. Yes he kick the ball out on the full and but a crap chip kick in but he asked questions of our defence which is something Hunt failed to do. Should I remind you that Hunt dropped about 4 balls in the last 5 minutes.

Hunts best best plays this year have centred around blindside plays. Everything else has been sub par

That sir is wrong, our problem wasn't Hunt. Sandow had Hayne to run with we had Barba who dished out a terrible performance. our defence was shit, Hunt had great defence and pulled off some wonderful tackles as did Sandow. Now swap Hoffman with Sandow and maybe just maybe we win, not because we have a better half but because the Eels don't have a half.

Barba was shite because he never received decent ball from Hunt or Hoffman. Hayne could only do what he did because of the work done by Sandow.

Hunt missed 8 tackles, you can't call that great defense. Combined with Hoffman, our halves had more missed tackles than the whole Parra team!

Having flashbacks of last season, with horrible, horrible defense again... hopefully, this was the exception to the rule, otherwise Kearney has to go... NOW!

People bagging Hannant and Kennedy may have a point re their attack, but they were solid in defense. McGuire was really the only forward who played at his usual level, the rest was just off...

I hope we can shake this bad game against our bogey team at Suncorp quickly and concentrate on going back to what has been working for us.

Reed must surely be on his last chance. Ideally I've have him replaced by Hoffman and ANYONE ELSE as the 5/8, please Griffin!

Sound bites! You're off your head. When are you blokes going to realise that Hunt has yet been able to organise a pack of forwards or backline all year. Remember that Sandow only had Norman outside him (who we let go without a replacement).

It appears neither Porthoz or Big Pete has never played the game (so your silly opinions can be excused) but you probably don't understand one of the roles of a good half back is to organise the forwards and bark instructions. I was at the game last night and could see Sandow doing it most of the night. Hunt hardly talked on field, and if he did, they must have been whispers.

Sandow took the line on, organised his forwards, was calling guys inside an outside him making defenders second guess themselves. Yes he kick the ball out on the full and but a crap chip kick in but he asked questions of our defence which is something Hunt failed to do. Should I remind you that Hunt dropped about 4 balls in the last 5 minutes.

Hunts best best plays this year have centred around blindside plays. Everything else has been sub par
Yeah mate, you're god given's gift to rugby league! No one else, but someone with your superior knowledge would call for Gillett to Qcup... :rofl:

Last edited:
Despite playing a good game Sandow still showed came up with some poor options and kicks.

I would still take Ben Hunt over Sandow. At lest Hunt is playing well consistently. I didn't think he was to bad last night the rest of the team were poor and let him down badly.

Sound bites! You're off your head.

Says the guy trying to bait moderators.

The problem is you're trying to simplify something that cannot be achieved. If you want to argue Sandow > Hunt, go ahead, I may not agree but can see the merit behind your argument but trying to scapegoat one player when there were other issues beyond them is silly.

You can't blame Hunt for the 40 odd missed tackles or his outside men dropping easy passes.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Ozired
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • Bongo
  • Santa
  • BroncoFan94
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lozza
  • Xzei
  • achievedrap
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • mrslong
  • Justwin
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.