Should the Broncos renew Hunt's contract

Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

• Total voters
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
A couple of weeks ago, it was heavily rumoured that Parramatta were keen to reunite Corey Norman with his former Under 20 halves partner in a move that would shore up their halves combination. The signing of Benji Marshall only added fuel to the fire, causing fans to speculate about Ben Hunt's future as a Bronco.

So let's hear it, after 9 seasons, will Ben Hunt's time be up?

Bonus question, if Hunt leaves, who would you like to see as his replacement?

Last edited:
Re: Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

I say yes, dump Hunt immediately because he alone cost us the premiership and really when it comes down to it we really only got to the Grand Final because of Millford, Hunt was bludging on the side line. So lets get Chris Sandow in, sign him to a 5 year contract, he will be out after a round because he cant stand Bennett giving him instructions on what to do and let the good times roll.

Last edited:
Re: Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

How's about you tell us how many times he did it?

I already know the answer, but I want to know if you have gone through the footage yourself and found out.

I don't need to, I'm not the one claiming he's got a great kicking game and is only being held back by our lack of forward momentum lol.

Anyway, back to the old player movement discussions, I really hope we can sign Napa so that I can chalk another excuse off the list of reasons why Hunt's phenomenal kicking and game management is the rest of the teams fault.

Last edited:
Re: Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

I don't need to, I'm not the one claiming he's got a great kicking game and is only being held back by our lack of forward momentum lol.

Anyway, back to the old player movement discussions, I really hope we can sign Napa so that I can chalk another excuse off the list of reasons why Hunt's phenomenal kicking and game management is the rest of the teams fault.

Yeah, I didn't think you would have been able to answer that..

If there is a better option available and he will be around for longer, I wouldn't be against it.

Until then, no.

What better options are there [MENTION=8536]Super Freak[/MENTION]?

Who do we replace him with?

Yes offload him
Use Benji/Kodi for a year and train up young gun Kotoni Staggs.

If you rated every player over the last 3 years out of 10 and averaged it Bhunt would be near the top.

Not only do I think he shouldn't be released, I think he should be signed up long term.

I love me some milfhunting.

Last edited:

At this stage, there isn't any better halfbacks on the market, but that doesn't mean the Broncos have to settle. The club could always pivot, releasing Hunt and using that money to bolster the forward pack, signing a game-manager to assist Milford in the halves.

Food for thought.

latest

The only scenario in which I would be ok with us releasing Hunt for the this season is if we have someone signed for 2018 that has more potential than him to be the game manager that we need, I'd happily watch a season of Milford & Marshall to get a better Halfback to partner with Milford long-term.

The only 3 off-contract players for 2018 that fit this description are Shaun Johnson, Kieran Foran & Luke Brooks, I'd say it's extremely unlikely that Johnson leaves NZ and equally as unlikely that Brooks leaves Sydney, Foran needs to get his shit together first.

I think we're stuck with Hunt for at least the next 2 seasons, give him a 1 year contract upgrade, let him play out the 2017 & 2018 seasons, find someone better for 2019 onwards, at which point Milford will be entering his prime and our next premiership window will be open. (Not saying that it's closed for 2017 & 2018, but it'd take some major injuries to other clubs and Hunt and Milford playing their best football of their careers for us to make the GF again)

The only scenario in which I would be ok with us releasing Hunt for the this season is if we have someone signed for 2018 that has more potential than him to be the game manager that we need, I'd happily watch a season of Milford & Marshall to get a better Halfback to partner with Milford long-term.

The only 3 off-contract players for 2018 that fit this description are Shaun Johnson, Kieran Foran & Luke Brooks, I'd say it's extremely unlikely that Johnson leaves NZ and equally as unlikely that Brooks leaves Sydney, Foran needs to get his shit together first.

I think we're stuck with Hunt for at least the next 2 seasons, give him a 1 year contract upgrade, let him play out the 2017 & 2018 seasons, find someone better for 2019 onwards, at which point Milford will be entering his prime and our next premiership window will be open. (Not saying that it's closed for 2017 & 2018, but it'd take some major injuries to other clubs and Hunt and Milford playing their best football of their careers for us to make the GF again)

You might be the reason I finally lose the plot. Shaun "7 minute Man" Johnson and Luke "2nd to Mitchell Moses" Brooks are not game managers. They just aren't. They do not fit that description. You're making stuff up. You're lying.

You might be the reason I finally lose the plot. Shaun "7 minute Man" Johnson and Luke "2nd to Mitchell Moses" Brooks are not game managers. They just aren't. They do not fit that description. You're making stuff up. You're lying.

Put your reading glasses on big fella, I said "more potential than Hunt to be the game manager that we need". If you believe Hunt has more potential as a game manager than Johnson & Brooks you've officially gone senile.

Hunt 2016 ~ 26 games played - 7 tries, 21 try assists, 12 line-breaks, 15 line-break assists, 1,442 run metres.
Johnson 2016 ~ 24 games played - 10 tries, 18 try assists, 15 line-breaks, 24 line-break assists, 1,610 run metres.

Man Johnson has some crazy stats for someone who only plays 7 minutes a game xD Imagine if he had a better coach, better attacking system, better Five-Eighth & better Fullback alongside him.. He'd nearly be better than Ben Hunt!

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Redux
  • LittleDavey
  • Scorchie
  • Brocko
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Justwin
  • Mustafur
  • Jedhead
  • broncs30
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Browny
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Astro
  • Broncorob
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Fitzy
  • Dash
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.