Should the Broncos renew Hunt's contract

Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

• Total voters
Salary cap is 12mill with a 1 mill Marquee Allowance. So 13 and its only paying 30- 35 players in squad rather than 60. No more 20s and tier 2.
Isn't the second tier cap seperate from the main one? Pretty sure the NYC is as well.

He's as good as gone. Man I should have seen the writing on the wall with this when we pi led up Benji.

Well played Bennett though. WB doesn't see Hunt as a $1M player at the Broncos. Knew he would low ball Hunt without fear.

He knew Hunt would be fielding these offers when the time came. Has Benji in his back pocket to take that leverage away from Hunt's manager.

Benji and Milford. Could be in for an interesting year.

He's as good as gone. Man I should have seen the writing on the wall with this when we pi led up Benji.

Well played Bennett though. WB doesn't see Hunt as a $1M player at the Broncos. Knew he would low ball Hunt without fear.

He knew Hunt would be fielding these offers when the time came. Has Benji in his back pocket to take that leverage away from Hunt's manager.

Read this and did a double take. Is that seriously Bennett's plan?

Read this and did a double take. Is that seriously Bennett's plan?

No of course it isn't. Bennett has stated publicly Hunt is going nowhere. Marshall is halves depth. Every club gets such things. We used to have Darren Nichols in that role.

Now we have an upgrade. Marshall will be battling Nikorima for a bench spot at best.

lol surely a troll post.

No of course it isn't. Bennett has stated publicly Hunt is going nowhere. Marshall is halves depth. Every club gets such things. We used to have Darren Nichols in that role.

Now we have an upgrade. Marshall will be battling Nikorima for a bench spot at best.
Thought Bennett's finally lost his marbles ..

Considering he was coaching before a lot here were even in diapers I would say it's a while yet.
I remember when he sacked Wally Lewis, he's never been afraid to make the big calls. That was huge. He's still pretty astute as ever.

Let me buy a house or a car off some of you blokes.. seriously.

Benji's signing was at the very least "brinkmanship" from Bennett.

It says "we'll do everything to keep you, and you are our No. 1 halfback....BUT either way, we've got Benji on the books now, so you don't hold us to ransom (as much)".

Your move Hunt.

Ok, manager go shop me around, I've got options too.

Boom - two weeks pre season $1M Dragons (nice Ace / 9 card flop).

Bennett - don't blink - $600k, best we can do.

Bunt... Money or the box. Money or the box...

Benji has literally nothing to do with whether Hunt stays or goes.

If the cap rises as much as it's rumoured to rise to, players will be earning more money.

The players worth won't stay the same, it will increase.

Let me buy a house or a car off some of you blokes.. seriously.

Benji's signing was at the very least "brinkmanship" from Bennett.

It says "we'll do everything to keep you, and you are our No. 1 halfback....BUT either way, we've got Benji on the books now, so you don't hold us to ransom (as much)".

Your move Hunt.

Ok, manager go shop me around, I've got options too.

Boom - two weeks pre season $1M Dragons (nice Ace / 9 card flop).

Bennett - don't blink - $600k, best we can do.

Bunt... Money or the box. Money or the box...

I certainly hope that wasn't Bennett's plan, because we will be the biggest losers out of that scenario... If some people think we can't win a premiership with Hunt as half, then we will have even less chance with Marshall as our first choice halfback.

Benji has won a premiership. Hunt has lost two. It was largely his fault the Broncos lost that under 20s grand final as well. Bloke can't handle the heat.

Benji has won a premiership. Hunt has lost two. It was largely his fault the Broncos lost that under 20s grand final as well. Bloke can't handle the heat.

Yeah, I forgot ... It was all Hunt's fault that Oates came in off his wing allowing the Cowboys to send the game to extra time on the siren.

and are you seriously trying to tell me that in 2017 (or more likely 2018) Benji is a better chance of leading us to a premiership than Hunt?

That's just incorrect. Having a somewhat suitable stop gap definitely impacts on if he stays or not.

you realise hunt is negotiating for 2018?

Benji is on a 1 year deal. he may retire after 2017, he may get an extension. Benji isnt even interested in playing in the halves, and thats not why he was signed. but yes, he offers the ability to fill in if either are injured (as does nikorima).

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Hoof Hearted
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Astro
  • Big Del
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • thenry
  • cento
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • PNG Broncos fan88
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.