PRE-GAME State of Origin Game II - NSW vs QLD

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Interesting game, I think Slater & Ponga will add a bit to our attack, which was the main issue in game 1. If we can solidify our ruck defense and shut down Cook & Tedesco, I think we can win this.

A lot is going to come down to our starting props, we need considerably more from Napa & Wallace this game if we want to win.

Last edited:
It's fucking weird having Origin on a Sunday night.

It's fucking weird having Origin on a Sunday night.

It is weird but I like it.

The Origin players could play for their club the week before instead of having to sit out.

Hunt needs to run the ball, if they are within thirty of the blues line with a few tackles spare, he needs to have a go, because that's his best asset. Inglis needs plenty of early ball in space and keep the missed tackles to a mininum, and QLD will win.

Origin on Friday night would be the best

Walters knows what to fix. He said we missed 55 tackles. He said our line speed and aggression was excellent but we didn’t wrap them up. Had Gilly working with them.

Interesting game, I think Slater & Ponga will add a bit to our attack, which was the main issue in game 1. If we can solidify our ruck defense and shut down Cook & Tedesco, I think we can win this.

A lot is going to come down to our starting props, we need considerably more from Napa & Wallace this game if we want to win.

Agree that our attack left a bit to be desired, but I would've thought that if we were going to single out anything as our big problem, it would be the missed tackles

Walters knows what to fix. He said we missed 55 tackles. He said our line speed and aggression was excellent but we didn’t wrap them up. Had Gilly working with them.

55 missed tackles is disgusting even for under 12s. Even if qld miss half of those they'll probably lose.

QLD should win this. Slater will make a huge difference and a few players will be on notice to perform or GTFO.

As Cronk said, QLD weren't far off but the individual missed tackles is what cost QLD. It wasn't a structure thing, NSW didn't break QLD down. It was just individual efforts that led directly to tries.

Cut those out and it's a different game.

As Cronk said, QLD weren't far off but the individual missed tackles is what cost QLD. It wasn't a structure thing, NSW didn't break QLD down. It was just individual efforts that led directly to tries.

Cut those out and it's a different game.
That is true, but we still need better game control from our side. We weren't good enough in attack either...
Still, our defense must be fixed first. We do that, we're a chance!

Maybe I don't watch Matt Prior enough but I don't see the similarity between him and RCG so I don't really get his selection. That's the reason why he was selected over James.

Ryan James has the right to be livid, to be honest.

I thought he has been going better than Prior and he provides NSW an extra try scoring option on QLD's line.

Fixing the missed tackles is a given, Queensland's defence works like a pendulum and the chain was broken several times that'll be fixed tonight.

Attack- I am sticking with my thought that Ponga will go to the halves and Munster to roaming forward role. Queensland's left will be lethal if they can control the ball.

Queensland's attack problem wasn't planning it was not knowing when to do what, the idea was attack the centres and attack the middle because of the amount of edge defenders in the ruck doing long minutes but they didn't stick with either enough. They got scattered and didn't pick when to do which one.

To me, if Slater ever wants to be an Immortal and wants to be known as the best fullback to have ever played, then he needs to win QLD this series.

No Cronk, no Smith, no Thurston, no Locky. Now is his time to prove he is the best.

To me, if Slater ever wants to be an Immortal and wants to be known as the best fullback to have ever played, then he needs to win QLD this series.

No Cronk, no Smith, no Thurston, no Locky. Now is his time to prove he is the best.

Jeez that's a bit heavy. He certainly is already known as the best fullback to have played to most - agreed he has to step up in this game and be dominant, but his place in history is already assured. What he really needs to do is get QLD's youngins to perform, to make them rise to the occasion imo - I expect individual brilliance, but more than that I expect him to make the rest of the team better.

Predictions, fellas? Can QLD square it up tonight?

I'm predicting a shithouse ref performance, as is par in NSW, especially with the series on the line - heart says QLD will open up tonight and make NSW second guess the era of dominance they think they are about to enjoy.

QLD by 10.

Hunt needs a big game tonight to drop the big game choker tag he currently possesses. He was good in the first half in game one but did very little in the second - he needs to take it by the scruff, if he is capable of that. He either solidifies his position tonight or loses it for the foreseeable future (beyond this year).

Active Now

• Redux
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • Behold
  • Griffo
  • broncs30
  • mrtij
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Fozz
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Waynesaurus
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.