NEWS We got it wrong, Bellamy mentored Walters, not bennett

• Thread starter Lockysillegitimatechild
  • Start date
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Yes and no. Before, Melbourne's post big three future was uncertain. Now it's still looking pretty good with the talent they've got locked in and coming through. I wouldn't be surprised if he stuck around a few more years and still performed well.

I would hope that he does stick around to take charge of the rebuilding phase after the big three are gone.

If he fails, he will be known as a fraud. If he succeeds, he will be known as a genuinely great coach. But I don't think he will succeed.

A lot of whispers from former Melbourne players that Smith is the one that coaches that side..

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
It's why we gotta snap up Smith the second he announces retirement.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
It's why we gotta snap up Smith the second he announces retirement.

It will be good to get a former captain , coach And referee aswell
Just imagine if he had came to us when we offered the deal

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
If bellamy retires in 2 years time Walters would be better off waiting 2 years and coaching the storm.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Yes and no. Before, Melbourne's post big three future was uncertain. Now it's still looking pretty good with the talent they've got locked in and coming through. I wouldn't be surprised if he stuck around a few more years and still performed well.
There is only one Cameron Smith. We'll have to see.

061ang

BRL Player
Sep 2, 2016
It'd still be exciting to coach the like of Munster and Croft.

That last game, Croft killed it. If only Cronk stayed another year and we had that opportunity to sign Croft

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
It'd still be exciting to coach the like of Munster and Croft.

That last game, Croft killed it. If only Cronk stayed another year and we had that opportunity to sign Croft

We got the next good halfback coming through in tannah boyd

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Why not ?

Stability is the first thing. You think players love being around very unstable clubs. Look at the Tigers, their marquee players couldn't wait to get out of the joint. They keep the worst of the 4 decent players they had off contract because they had to offer him a ludicrous amount of money. The second key is player development within the squad. The Titans just don't produce competitive enough sides for top tier talent to want to go there and win premierships. If our money is close enough to the Titans, I think he will come home in the blink of an eye. We offer everything a player wants in a club. The titans dont

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Why didn't Wayne support Kevvie in the media yesterday? He's copping some flack over it from the usual suspects. Why didn't Wayne just say "Yeah, Kev will be a great coach"?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Wayne could have come out in support of Kevvie and the headlines would have read "Bennett interferes in the Titans business"
Yep exactly... as soon as the report started on fox last night I was thinking FFS why can't Bennett just say no comment. Only to find out he pretty much did yet the media still blow up.

Becoming beyond a joke he could literally stand there and say nothing and they'd blow up that his silence is deafening and it's all about what he didn't say

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
Broncos looking to snap up Billy walters via courier mail

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • The Don
  • Stix
  • Galah
  • mrslong
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dash
  • Jazza
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.