Women's State of Origin

Excuse me for going off on a tangent.

I’ve only been on here a year or so, but every time I’ve seen you comment, I’ve wondered “is it mrs long, or mr slong?”

Now I (think I) know, what a relief :porthozthinksthisishot:.

It wasn't my proudest.........*cough* nevermind.

I didn't write it. QRL media did this piece.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/20182/06/21/why-this-origin-week-is-different-to-all-others/

I am sure there are a percentage of people that don't think it should happen, what split that is I don't know but there is always negative people.

I think he's just highlighting what they've overcome and continue to overcome to get to tomorrow night.

Well that's feedback you could pass on then. We don't need that sort of politically charged bullshit in sports articles.

"They behaved in the grateful manner befitting a group of women who juggle motherhood, weekday work and volunteer commitments, but who are also on the verge of consolidating their position as national celebrities."

What?

Excuse me for going off on a tangent.

I’ve only been on here a year or so, but every time I’ve seen you comment, I’ve wondered “is it mrs long, or mr slong?”

Now I (think I) know, what a relief :porthozthinksthisishot:.

It’s Mr Slong, and it’s huge... if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Could not care less about Women's rugby league, representative or otherwise. I've watched a few games before and the standard of play is just shit, not interested.

Good on them if they can find a market of interested fans, but I'm certainly not going to be one of them.
Well, that stance certainly fits the stereotype. Should we stop them driving too ?

Well, that stance certainly fits the stereotype. Should we stop them driving too ?

Wow, bit of a stretch? Clearly the comment was aimed at the game’s quality, not gender but meh whatever, everyone loves to be offended these days.

Now, the Burger King soccer World Cup advertising campaign in Russia, THAT is worth being offended about.

What stereotype is that? Unless you lack the ability to read, or comprehend what was a pretty straight forward comment of mine, I can't see how you'd interpret it that way, unless there's some bias on your behalf, which there usually is despite your claims of being an impartial "wise" judge.

What stereotype is that? Unless you lack the ability to read, or comprehend what was a pretty straight forward comment of mine, I can't see how you'd interpret it that way, unless there's some bias on your behalf, which there usually is despite your claims of being an impartial "wise" judge.
Ha ha ha. No bite I'm afraid but your view fits conveniently within your delusion.

Meh, I'm looking forward to this. Obviously the women's comp (at least at this stage) is not going to be as skillful as the men, but gender debates aside how could it be? It gets virtually no funding and these women have to have full-time jobs aside from the game to get by.

The fact is that the origin will be the best of the women's game so will be at a high level, and it is footy. I obviously don't have as an exciting life as some of you that can't give an hour and a half or your hectic Friday nights, so I will enjoy it.

Does Milford have a twin sister lining up for QLD tonight?

EDF84AD1 B63D 4A7B 9945 F7B56F50D0C8

Ha ha ha. No bite I'm afraid but your view fits conveniently within your delusion.
What delusion is that? Stop being a coward and stand behind your opinion instead of masking it behind words.

Does anyone actually care about this? (genuine question) My own view is that if I want to watch crap footy, I can go and watch local league.

Does anyone actually care about this? (genuine question) My own view is that if I want to watch crap footy, I can go and watch local league.

I will be watching and cheering for QLD.

A few years back the womens Aus vs NZ put the mens game to shame - it has potential and will only get better with more exposure.

I do, as I already said.

The standard of the women's game isn't great, that much is true. But that doesn't mean it can't improve. With the women's game growing, they should get more money for development and in time the standard will increase.

I enjoy watching the games, actually. They can be brutal encounters.

The standard of the women's game isn't great, that much is true. But that doesn't mean it can't improve. With the women's game growing, they should get more money for development and in time the standard will increase.

I enjoy watching the games, actually. They can be brutal encounters.
I agree mate. They are actually pretty fun to watch. There seems to be way less structure and a bit more old school football about it. Pretty entertaining if you ask me.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • BroncosMan
  • Organix
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.