Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Severely doubt Walsh leaves the club (especially when you factor in an immediate upgrade that no other club can offer and QLD TPAs) after some of his best mates took unders to stay. A bit of concern trolling for Brisbane clicks from old Buzz, most likely.
The media has been pumping out articles about our players and signings. It’s been a long time since we have had players worth signing.

is that even still a thing ... and wasn't it only something like 200k per club?

Not sure mate, It was bought up in an article the other day. It was basically saying they should bring it back for Walsh. Cant remember the jist of the article now but i did wonder if they meant fund him to go to a weaker club to boost them up. Could have been bit wishful thinking article, but it did cross my mind if they would do it. I didnt read it in depth so i'd have to go back.

Not sure mate, It was bought up in an article the other day. It was basically saying they should bring it back for Walsh. Cant remember the jist of the article now but i did wonder if they meant fund him to go to a weaker club to boost them up. Could have been bit wishful thinking article, but it did cross my mind if they would do it. I didnt read it in depth so i'd have to go back.
For players that are hugh for the game it was suggested they be paid outside the cap for the good of the game or something to that effect to stave of union poaching bids.

That the one you read?

For players that are hugh for the game it was suggested they be paid outside the cap for the good of the game or something to that effect to stave of union poaching bids.

That the one you read?

Possibly. I cant bloody remember now!

With Reece being so marketable, i can see some big offers from Sydney. The big stumbling block with Reece wont be money, he will get huge offers everywhere, its going to be family. If he can get a deal that sets up his daughter financially, i think thats where he will go. If we are in the ballpark of every other offer, he's staying here.

I do wonder how much to read into that article bringing up the marquee player allowance again.
It isn't just about what Reece wants.

He has an ex partner who is the mother of his child. If Reece wants to put his daughter first, he needs to consider the mother, and the custody situation. Is he is prepared to buy a house in Sydney for himself and one for his ex, so they can continue to co-parent?....but in going to Sydney, both Walsh and his ex lose any family support they currently have. Reece may have saved a great deposit, but interest rates are going north and Sydney buy in for a shit home is 2 million. Reece also has to buy 2 homes....

I was a father at 21 years young. If my partner and I didn't have the family support we did, I'm not sure what would have happened. I sincerely hope that news.com.au qoutes me. Reece reads this and says, 1.1 million over 5 years at he Broncos is the bomb.

It isn't just about what Reece wants.

He has an ex partner who is the mother of his child. If Reece wants to put his daughter first, he needs to consider the mother, and the custody situation. Is he is prepared to buy a house in Sydney for himself and one for his ex, so they can continue to co-parent?....but in going to Sydney, both Walsh and his ex lose any family support they currently have. Reece may have saved a great deposit, but interest rates are going north and Sydney buy in for a shit home is 2 million. Reece also has to buy 2 homes....

I was a father at 21 years young. If my partner and I didn't have the family support we did, I'm not sure what would have happened. I sincerely hope that news.com.au qoutes me. Reece reads this and says, 1.1 million over 5 years at he Broncos is the bomb.

He can make that decision though so the ball is in his court, it can be all about his decision. The issue though is you cant force her to move, and he moved back here for family so for him to sacrifice all that, the offer he gets has to be life changing, probably on a scale we havent ever seen in the NRL. I just dont think its going to be an issue because i cant see anyone paying him the kind of money it would take for him to make that sacrifice.

If Reece wants 1.4m and we are only willing to go to 1.1m the club just needs to bring out a product with Walshys face on it charge $20 for it and there's your extra 300k easy.
That extra money can be made up anywhere as long as it's not cheating the cap, he's the most marketable player in the game.

He can make that decision though so the ball is in his court, it can be all about his decision. The issue though is you cant force her to move, and he moved back here for family so for him to sacrifice all that, the offer he gets has to be life changing, probably on a scale we havent ever seen in the NRL. I just dont think its going to be an issue because i cant see anyone paying him the kind of money it would take for him to make that sacrifice.
100%

The money needed to lure him away from his current, work/life/family support balance, will be the biggest offer the NRL has ever seen. It would have to be at least 15% of the cap.

He did leave the warriors on compassionate grounds due to family reasons. If a club is willing to pay that, like fifita, good luck to him.

Roosters held talks with Fifita apparently which is a good thing when it comes to the pursuit of some of our players as he'll take a fair bit of money but could also be a bad thing depending on who Fifita is good mates with here.

Roosters held talks with Fifita apparently which is a good thing when it comes to the pursuit of some of our players as he'll take a fair bit of money but could also be a bad thing depending on who Fifita is good mates with here.

We won't lose anyone we want to keep. Dave is a bit of an idiot clearly.

Had a French dinner at Robbo`s house apparently .
Dunno if Dave conversed with Robbo`s Mrs in French , but he at a succelent meal at the home of the Roosters coach is what I heard .

The coaching staff and trainers we have available at our club are amazing and I would definitely put faith in them to achieve exactly what's needed.

True.

But TPJ has already been sacked by this coach. Very unlikely he'd get signed again by a coach that has previously sacked him.

True.

But TPJ has already been sacked by this coach. Very unlikely he'd get signed again by a coach that has previously sacked him.

All his give my wages to charity , I don`t need the money, I don`t like taking orders from half backs, Imma gonna be world heavy weight champ , I just wanna be closer to my boxing trainer double speak who could put their faith in him ?

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
  • Brocko
  • Manifesto
  • lynx000
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Organix
  • mystico
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.