FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

And that's game.

What a crazy finish to the game that was.

Real Madrid in yet another CL final. You would have to say they're red hot favourites. They haven't lost a CL final since '81 when they lost 1-0 to Liverpool. They have won 8 from 8 since then.

Watching a replay of that first goal from Madrid.

That was an Onana level save from Neuer. It was a silly shot from Vini, it was never going in and it should have been a shot that Neuer saves with absolute ease but he makes a meal of it and Madrid equalize. He had a great game Neuer before that point.

Bit of controversy at the end of that game.

Was this offside?

The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered. For the purposes of determining offside, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.

The #4 de Ligt is not the player in question, it's the #40 Mazraoui who receives the ball. de Ligt ends up scoring but at that point he's in an onside position.

The flag was raised and the whistle was blown instead of play continuing on. Rules state for close calls like this, you must keep playing until the attack is over and VAR then checks it. That didn't happen.

GNFdaFOWYAE1rQ4

Bit of controversy at the end of that game.

Was this offside?

The #4 de Ligt is not the player in question, it's the #40 Mazraoui who receives the ball. de Ligt ends up scoring but at that point he's in an onside position.

The flag was raised and the whistle was blown instead of play continuing on. Rules state for close calls like this, you must keep playing until the attack is over and VAR then checks it. That didn't happen.

View attachment 27678

Stills are so difficult to tell. The passing player could have the ball on his foot a split second earlier and the player is onside.

The law has got too pedantic. Looking at the players feet, he is probably fractionally offside being pedantic, but thats onside for me, give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking side.

Incredible from Leverkusen to keep the unbeaten streak this morning. 2 late goals.

Andreas Pereira, aka the pre-season Pirlo, we need something from you, please

I'm convinced Palhinha is pretty much the perfect player for United.

So clever on the ball, always showing for the pass out of defence, and disciplined in his positions off the ball.

Likely a club in a better position will come in though, like Bayern again.

I'm convinced Palhinha is pretty much the perfect player for United.

So clever on the ball, always showing for the pass out of defence, and disciplined in his positions off the ball.

Likely a club in a better position will come in though, like Bayern again.

I dont think United will pay the kind of money Fulham will be asking for a player who is soon to be 29. Ratcliffe wants to build a younger core to the team.

Having no European football will hurt United, but now they have our Uncle Jorge on the payroll we could see some interesting moves.

I dont think United will pay the kind of money Fulham will be asking for a player who is soon to be 29. Ratcliffe wants to build a younger core to the team.

Having no European football will hurt United, but now they have our Uncle Jorge on the payroll we could see some interesting moves.
I agree on both counts, but you need some experience around the young core too, and CDM is a good spot for that experience.

He is just a very reliable player in a key position.

As I said, can't see it happening for money and Europe reasons, would just love to see him at United as I think he is the sort of profile/player we could really use.

This games an absolute snoozefest.

City games are so boring. Early goal absolutely killed it.

I agree on both counts, but you need some experience around the young core too, and CDM is a good spot for that experience.

He is just a very reliable player in a key position.

As I said, can't see it happening for money and Europe reasons, would just love to see him at United as I think he is the sort of profile/player we could really use.

Having Jorge Mendes at United now, who is his agent, could help sway him to move to United.

Active Now

• Galah
  • eggstar10
  • Sproj
  • HVbronco
  • broncsgoat
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Organix
  • Strop
  • FACTHUNT
  • mystico
  • BroncosAlways
  • Aldo
  • Broncs1459
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.