Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
I have a mate who has a son who just signed a deal with broncos, he was just having breakfast with Cobbos manager and he said roosters trying to throw the kitchen sink at Cobbo to play fullback….

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
I have a mate who has a son who just signed a deal with broncos, he was just having breakfast with Cobbos manager and he said roosters trying to throw the kitchen sink at Cobbo to play fullback….
I can see why. Play him in the centres until Tedesco retires then move him to fullback. But also wouldn't surprise me if they aim higher and go for Walsh. I think we will lose Cobbo or Staggs. Unfortunately for us we have to developed so many quality players we will be cherry picked a couple every year.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Of course they’re. He’ll end up in the centres anyway so it’s crazy to spend the millions on him.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Tedesco is 31 and he's still super fit.

I can see him going for another 3 years.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Rorters don't deserve Selwyn... he might head there if they offer him a boat load of cash to play fullback, but if he shits the bed and can't handle Sydney they'll jump off him and discard him.

They went away from Fifita after one conversation about moving to Sydney... but he was more of a luxury buy and rorters trying to pick up best available for 2025 because they've got cash to spend and there's no one else available.

They'll probably sell the shit out Sydney to get him to move there and then when they find something new and shiny they'll dump him and ship him off to a desperation club in west Sydney.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Selwyn doesn’t strike me as the sort of fella that gives a shit about speaking French.
You never know

If he's getting pressured from Uncle Nick selling the shit out of it and his manager doing the same (because he wants some of that sweet sweet Uncle Nick money)... then he might think I can do this, pocket some cash and be set for life.

**** Uncle Nick will probably tell him that he'll setup an airport in Cherbourg so he can fly directly from Bondi beach to his hometown whenever he wants... off the books of course... they'll be business flights for Uncle Nick that Selwyn happens to be on as well

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Cobbo will be remunerated very well AND get to play for the club he loves while being closer to home. I am sure Renouf will be in his ear about this as well. Why go to a club with few fans, play for a team you don't care about and in front of an empty stadium week in, week out?

Money isn't the be all and end all.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Cobbo will be remunerated very well AND get to play for the club he loves while being closer to home. I am sure Renouf will be in his ear about this as well. Why go to a club with few fans, play for a team you don't care about and in front of an empty stadium week in, week out?

This is exactly right. The only way the roosters snatch Selwyn is if they move to Brisbane, change their emblem to a horse head and call themselves the Brisbane Broncos.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

I dont see how we can afford to pay him a million a year on top of what we are paying some of our other players, and upgrade Walsh as well. Its probably going to come down to what Uncle Nick gets him off the books compared to what we get him. If its going to be $200k difference a year, i'm not seeing him moving tbh. If we offer him under a million, and Rorters offer $1.3 or more, i think its going to be difficult for him to turn it down.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I dont see how we can afford to pay him a million a year on top of what we are paying some of our other players, and upgrade Walsh as well. Its probably going to come down to what Uncle Nick gets him off the books compared to what we get him. If its going to be $200k difference a year, i'm not seeing him moving tbh. If we offer him under a million, and Rorters offer $1.3 or more, i think its going to be difficult for him to turn it down.

Maybe but we can offer him a fair bit off the books too I'm sure, we are a massive club, the biggest club of the NRL. He may need to take a few hundred thousand less to stay than to go but again, he stays closer to home, plays for the club he loves and will still be set for life on a trajectory to go down as an all time great for the team he loves. Plus, if it came to it and we had to sacrifice say Staggs to keep Cobbo, you do it in a heartbeat.

But again, if Penrith can hold on to Cleary, Leota, Martin, Yeo, To'o, make Tago the highest paid centre in the comp, Edwards, etc plus have a million spare from JFH leaving AND being so much closer to Sydney than we are, there is no reason we can't hold on to Haas, Carrigan, Mam, Cobbo, Walsh, etc.

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
Post playing career, you’d have to believe he would be looked after much better by Brisbane than the Roosters. Can’t put a price on that, compared to being a disposable asset at end of life at a Sydney club.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Maybe but we can offer him a fair bit off the books too I'm sure, we are a massive club, the biggest club of the NRL. He may need to take a few hundred thousand less to stay than to go but again, he stays closer to home, plays for the club he loves and will still be set for life on a trajectory to go down as an all time great for the team he loves. Plus, if it came to it and we had to sacrifice say Staggs to keep Cobbo, you do it in a heartbeat.

But again, if Penrith can hold on to Cleary, Leota, Martin, Yeo, To'o, make Tago the highest paid centre in the comp, Edwards, etc plus have a million spare from JFH leaving AND being so much closer to Sydney than we are, there is no reason we can't hold on to Haas, Carrigan, Mam, Cobbo, Walsh, etc.

I'm hoping our off the books deals is what gets us over the line because i dont think we can compete salary wise when we have Hetherington,, Jensen, Willison, Walsh, Staggs, Smoothy and Mozer on top of Cobbo as players we probably want to lock down. On top of that, if we let others go, we still have to replace them. Its going to be some fine cap juggling to keep this team together.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • lakers133334
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • The Don
  • Old Mate
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manlyman
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Jeza23
  • Griffo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.