Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
I don't think there's anything more Arsenal could have done.

They had the most wins in a single season in their history topping the record set by them in their unbeaten season with a better goal difference, had more points than United did in 10 of Ferguson's 13 title winning seasons and that still wasn't enough.

It's crazy.

No one is beating City unless they drop the ball big time which I can't see happening. They will continue getting stronger.

Getting over 90pts would have been a start.

In all seriousness, I feel for Arsenal but they missed their chance when they played for a draw at the Etihad. That was the last game that City dropped points and right around that time was when they could have been put out of the race.

I was critical of how they approached that game and I think Arteta will have learnt alot from that.

Sucks but whatever AFC fans are feeling now just know we've been there 3 times haha.. and it hurts even more when you get 97pts just to lose to this juggernaut.

We've all just got to hope that Pep leaves soon

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
99 on Prime.

It's a really good series, well worth the watch. It's remarkable they managed to achieve what they did after that first half of the season.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Whatever happened to those 100 charges they copped for breaking FFP rules 🤔🤔

Everton and other teams seem to be copping punishments as it goes, but City allowed to keep rolling on like nothing has happened
City have what Everton don't. Money to throw away at fruitless holdups in the courts so the punishment never really arrives.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Getting over 90pts would have been a start.

In all seriousness, I feel for Arsenal but they missed their chance when they played for a draw at the Etihad. That was the last game that City dropped points and right around that time was when they could have been put out of the race.

I was critical of how they approached that game and I think Arteta will have learnt alot from that.

Sucks but whatever AFC fans are feeling now just know we've been there 3 times haha.. and it hurts even more when you get 97pts just to lose to this juggernaut.

We've all just got to hope that Pep leaves soon
There is talk that's about to happen. He doesn't have anything more to win or prove.

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
There is talk that's about to happen. He doesn't have anything more to win or prove.
He'll go one more season I reckon, as you say he's pretty much done it all. 5 in a row would be some legacy.

If you're an Arsenal fan you just have to hope that Chelsea/United/LFC don't close the gap between now and then otherwise everything built so far may be for nothing if there's no silverware in the end.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Big call from Southgate considering how big of a fan he is of Rashford. He didn't deserve it though after the season he's had.

I'm hoping that stirs up a reaction in the FA Cup final and leads to him having a big year next season. He has it in him.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
The rocket his career desperately needs. Hope he cares enough to react accordingly.

There's no way they actually take Shaw either, he isnt going to be fit. I think he'll be one of the first cut, which is why it's a little surprising someone like Chillwell wasn't on the list.

Sancho also not taken despite the media claiming he has been incredible is funny. Fact is, he's been better at Dortmund than United, but is still nowhere near some of the others in that position this season despite the media being so keen to drive the narrative that he has been immense at BVB.

Ondi

Ondi

BRL Player
Apr 4, 2024
A part of me almost wants Pep for one more season, just to see if the city aura can be broken. If it can be done (by any team) it would be the sweetest premier league win of all time. Actually nah F that. I don't need that stress.

Agreed about Rashford I think this is just what he needed to fire for next season. If not you know he needs a new scene

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Watching The Final: Attack on Wembley.

What a fucking shit show that was. The biggest day in English football since '66 and they weren't prepared for how feral the English fans are.

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
I feel for Chelsea fans... what a strange decision obviously both parties wanted it.

Nothing has convinced me more that Chelsea are never coming back

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I feel for Chelsea fans... what a strange decision obviously both parties wanted it.

Nothing has convinced me more that Chelsea are never coming back
Weird they find a bit of form and things look up a bit for them, then they sack him. Strange, strange club.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Poch wanted a greater say in things like transfers, Chelsea wanted a puppet that they could control. Poch threatened to quit, they sacked him.

That's the word anyway.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
It's incredible how much money Chelsea have pissed up the wall these last few years.

They're incredibly impatient.

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • BRC088
  • eggstar10
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  • Manofoneway
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Culhwch
  • Justwin
  • azza.79
  • mieko
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • marw
  • Galah
  • Lostboy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.