PLAYER Ezra Mam

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I get the feeling there is still plenty we haven't seen from Mam.

Reynolds seems to think Mam can replace him at half back (and therefore control the game), IMO we haven't seen that from Mam during games, so maybe Kevvie has narrowed Mam's focus for the time being.
Mam has really slick hands in regards to his timing and deception - a great ability to hold up a pass a la JT (comparing the action not the talent). I also think he has a much better boot than he’s showcased in NRL.

Without comparing him on an ability level, he does have similar attributes as JT in the sense that he is an instinct player who suits 6 but could transition to a gun 7 if he has the right mentality toward learning the structured elements.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Mam has really slick hands in regards to his timing and deception - a great ability to hold up a pass a la JT (comparing the action not the talent). I also think he has a much better boot than he’s showcased in NRL.

Without comparing him on an ability level, he does have similar attributes as JT in the sense that he is an instinct player who suits 6 but could transition to a gun 7 if he has the right mentality toward learning the structured elements.
Shifting Ezra to 7 would immediately solve the biggest question-mark hanging over the side: who succeeds Reynolds. We then have at least two candidates for 6, ready to go: Sailor and Madden. Should they fail to cut it, we might look at transitioning Walsh to 6, and Cobbo/Sailor to fullback.

You can win a premiership without two gun halves - we've done it before - but it's against the odds. Ideally, your two best players are at 6 and 7. And that would be Mam and Walsh.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Shifting Ezra to 7 would immediately solve the biggest question-mark hanging over the side: who succeeds Reynolds. We then have at least two candidates for 6, ready to go: Sailor and Madden. Should they fail to cut it, we might look at transitioning Walsh to 6, and Cobbo/Sailor to fullback.

You can win a premiership without two gun halves - we've done it before - but it's against the odds. Ideally, your two best players are at 6 and 7. And that would be Mam and Walsh.
No.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

Karl might be off contract again by the time Ezra shifts to 7

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Very underwhelming performance from Ezra yesterday. Seems to be only wanting to play one side of football, similar to Walsh. Defensively very very poor. Currently leading the NRL for missed tackles! Needs to fix it fast, starting to give me post big contract Milford vibes.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Very underwhelming performance from Ezra yesterday. Seems to be only wanting to play one side of football, similar to Walsh. Defensively very very poor. Currently leading the NRL for missed tackles! Needs to fix it fast, starting to give me post big contract Milford vibes.
Matey give him a break. For weeks he has been carrying an injury. Indeed yesterday he looked seriously injured when he went to the sideline for assistance but decided to play on as the team needed him. With a potential origin spot up for grabs I’m sure he was just as pissed off when he got collected by friendly fire.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Mam has been one of our best players this year. He's far from giving off Milford vibes.

He's always been a shit defender, even before he got his big contract, he just had Capewell there to make him look better. Now he has Piakura who's a shit defender, as well.

Something Kevvie needs to address.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
If Ezra had been picked at 6 for QLD, not one person would've complained, and most would be more excited to see him debut than Tommy get another game (but no complaints on that choice either).

Milford vibes, my arse. Ezra is one of the most exhilarating players to ever don a Broncos jersey.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Rambstien
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • marw
  • TimWhatley
  • mrslong
  • BroncosMan
  • Big Del
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • bazza
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.