Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
All depends what role he plays in the side.

If he just feeds Maloney and kicks here and there, he can't get in too much trouble.

I can't see either player playing second fiddle. Pearce is in career best form but that's as the dominant half at the Knights. He doesn't play second fiddle all that well. Neither does Maloney.

I think it's going to be a little disruptive.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Remember when on the weekend he did everything he could to get the Broncos back into the game? Failing to find touch twice. He still has the choke in him. He should be thankful he is not at Suncorp Stadium.

Absolutely. Suncorp would break him.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
The abiding memory of Mitchell Pearce for me in Origin is when he was copping that epic sledge from JT.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I can't see either player playing second fiddle. Pearce is in career best form but that's as the dominant half at the Knights. He doesn't play second fiddle all that well. Neither does Maloney.

I think it's going to be a little disruptive.
I agree.

Maloney and Cleary seemed a lot more 'stable' in terms of both knowing their roles.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Nsw will win so Pearce can finally win a series. The same way I never wanted Gallen to win a premiership.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
This just means a "fairytale" probably isn't off the table. Guarantee Gould and co will be pushing that angle in the commentary box

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
This just means a "fairytale" probably isn't off the table. Guarantee Gould and co will be pushing that angle in the commentary box

That was my first thought...the perennial whipping boy leads a victorious NSW side to win a rare 3rd game at home and take out their second series in a row in over 15 years...all past sins are forgotten, he's a hero, yadda yadda. Buckle up for another belting.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Lot's of footage of Pearce in the NSW jersey, slowly looking up as the camera zooms in. Heartfelt voice over by Gould or Warren. Pencil it in.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Lot's of footage of Pearce in the NSW jersey, slowly looking up as the camera zooms in. Heartfelt voice over by Gould or Warren. Pencil it in.
Can't find an appropriate shuddering gif.

But yeah I can picture it already.

Last edited:
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
That was my first thought...the perennial whipping boy leads a victorious NSW side to win a rare 3rd game at home and take out their second series in a row in over 15 years...all past sins are forgotten, he's a hero, yadda yadda. Buckle up for another belting.

Pretty much every blues win from now on will always be about revenge and trying to cleanse themselves of those 10 years. Thing is, they’ll never be free from what happened because no matter what, qld did it first.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Whoa. Just realised Ethan Lowe is QLD’s 18th man... seriously?

During our domination period, I was always worried about our depth once we started losing players but I didn't think it was going to be so bad that Ethan fucking Lowe would have a chance of making a QLD side.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Anyone else think Ethan Lowe could play Paul Walker’s character in fast and the furious or is this another horrible look-a-like I’ve created?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Anyone else think Ethan Lowe could play Paul Walker’s character in fast and the furious or is this another horrible look-a-like I’ve created?

Maybe if o’Connor had a grubby thug of a brother that preferred monster trucks over skylines

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
QLD by a DCE field goal or completely rolled.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Tariq Sims' wife partially blamed Sims getting suspended on the panel of 3 having 2 QLDers, lol.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • bazza
  • Browny
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Locky24
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.