No Brisbane 2.0

Mum-the-meatloaf

Mum-the-meatloaf

QCup Player
Dec 6, 2019
News today that it's likely there will be no expansion till 2024.

Does that change our target signing? Specifically, Munster.i have been vocal about seeing how staggs goes at 6, however if he flops, I'd be going hard at Munster. Solid (and expensive) 6/7. They'd be able to carry a lot of mediocrity though.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Does that change our target signing? Specifically, Munster.i have been vocal about seeing how staggs goes at 6, however if he flops, I'd be going hard at Munster. Solid (and expensive) 6/7. They'd be able to carry a lot of mediocrity though.

Under Vlandys, this decision is likely to change multiple times again before 2023.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021

We need to go after someone as soon as November 1 hits if we hold out for Munster we miss the chance of getting someone like Brandon smith. I think Smith should be our number 1 target because he's the one we have the most chance at getting i reckon.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
We need to go after someone as soon as November 1 hits if we hold out for Munster we miss the chance of getting someone like Brandon smith. I think Smith should be our number 1 target because he's the one we have the most chance at getting i reckon.

Roosters are going after Smith, they will of course sign him for a 'small' deal of course and get him due to their cultcha. We are no chance.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
I think Smith should have been our focus after Reynolds.

Obviously within cap restrictions etc.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Animated GIF

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I'm actually not happy about this... I'm guessing we will keep getting "tough calls", "bad luck" and "bad cap management" until the Brisbane plastics come in and develop a strong supporter base... by that time though, the NRL won't have to worry, NRL will be less popular then ever up here

Mum-the-meatloaf

Mum-the-meatloaf

QCup Player
Dec 6, 2019
I'm actually not happy about this... I'm guessing we will keep getting "tough calls", "bad luck" and "bad cap management" until the Brisbane plastics come in and develop a strong supporter base... by that time though, the NRL won't have to worry, NRL will be less popular then ever up here
What is the reference to 'Brisbane plastics'

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Roosters are going after Smith, they will of course sign him for a 'small' deal of course and get him due to their cultcha. We are no chance.
To be fair, they do have a world class golfing culture.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
What is the reference to 'Brisbane plastics'
Basically a reference that the new Brisbane team will be a fake or artificial team.

They've been created out of thin air in an attempt to line the pockets of NSWRL admin rather than necessity.

They'll be hailed as a new powerhouse or next big thing to try and get fans on board, but ultimately the license will go to whoever has the most cash rather than who is the most worthy or strategically placed

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Munster is one of the games biggest flog *****. He goes missing half the time. Seems a fucking cockhead too.
I don't know why, but i love him.

I feel like he doesn't take himself too seriously compared to the Smith, Cronk & Slater gronks we had to suffer with.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I don't know why, but i love him.

I feel like he doesn't take himself too seriously compared to the Smith, Cronk & Slater gronks we had to suffer with.

Yes, but Cameron Smith would never go missing in Origin like he did.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • bazza
  • Fitzy
  • leon.bott
  • Mister Wright
  • Santa
  • broncoscope
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Locky24
  • davidp
  • Shane Tronc
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.