PLAYER Reece Walsh

Thought I'd give these a try because Reece has a partnership with them, even though I'm not a big energy drink person.
All I have to say is dam you Reece Walsh!
Also find myself wearing my Akubra more often now which could also be Walshys fault.

PXL 20240427 044724662

Thought I'd give these a try because Reece has a partnership with them, even though I'm not a big energy drink person.
All I have to say is dam you Reece Walsh!
Also find myself wearing my Akubra more often now which could also be Walshys fault.

View attachment 27471
Ah, but I see you are not painting your nails like Walsh yet.

Those in the know, how professional is reece wrt to diet, game prep, all that stuff? I understand he is constantly moving but he seemingly cramps up most games. Anything in that or he's just constantly redlining?

On Walsh, where does he rank on all time talent scale?

Obviously he lacks composure but is still a baby. His mix of speed, agility, evasiveness, playmaking, kicking, passing, running, x-factor and competitiveness - well how many have we seen like this before? Obviously Slater and Lockyer come to mind but Slater didn't have the kicking and the playmaking, anyone else?

Obviously he lacks composure but is still a baby. His mix of speed, agility, evasiveness, playmaking, kicking, passing, running, x-factor and competitiveness - well how many have we seen like this before? Obviously Slater and Lockyer come to mind but Slater didn't have the kicking and the playmaking, anyone else?
He's super promising at the moment and delivering, but would need to be revisited in a few years time to start to get an idea of where he sits.

Walsh's talent honestly now has be the highest of any player ever, factor in his age and how effortlessly he can change games to his favour at a consistent rate it's insane.

Fox had a stat board on on him against Billy with the same amount of games and he had double the line breaks with an extra try, but that ignores all the creation he does which is well beyond anything Billy did in his early 20s.

It is Scary how good this kid is.

Walsh's talent honestly now has be the highest of any player ever, factor in his age and how effortlessly he can change games to his favour at a consistent rate it's insane.

Fox had a stat board on on him against Billy with the same amount of games and he had double the line breaks with an extra try, but that ignores all the creation he does which is well beyond anything Billy did in his early 20s.

He's definitely better than Billy was at the same age, but Slater at 21 is not the same Slater he became at 26/27, he just kept getting better and better, and became one of the best fullbacks of all time thanks to his year to year improvements. If Walsh keeps improving every year in the same way he'll probably be the best

I don't think that is right.

Walsh has 66 games and 28 tries.
Slater 66th game v Cronulla in 05-51 tries.

Now that the roosters are going to be legitimately cashed up, is anyone else stressed they’re coming for Walsh?

Now that the roosters are going to be legitimately cashed up, is anyone else stressed they’re coming for Walsh?
Nah, won't happen unless his Daughters Mum is moving to Sydney.

no.

didn't he move back because of a relationship breakdown/wanting to be closer to his daughter? unless they've moved to sydney I don't see how this would make sense.

Roosters would put her and her family up in double bay in the blink of an eye
So could we but that is called cheating the salary cap. Reece Walsh won't be going anywhere so stress less.

So could we but that is called cheating the salary cap. Reece Walsh won't be going anywhere so stress less.
Risk for us is obviously Dolphins and Titans - the former have Hammer and are losing J Bromwich this year and a bunch of other players to re-sign next year, they are not going to put a huge money offer in for him.

Titans - unless they throw Fifi money and then some at him, wouldn't look at them as he is a very passionate player who hates losing.

Very low chance he leaves QLD as his kid was the whole reason he left Wah's in the first place. If Roosers did try and pay for his Missus to leave and head to Sydney, there's significant rules in place around this which get assessed most regularly when players come over from the UK. But then it is the rorters.

I do think Donuts needs to look in the couch for any spare change to upgrade him this year and next - that's money no-one else can offer him (now).

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • davidp
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • Organix
  • Morkel
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.