PRE-GAME [Round 9, 2024] Broncos vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Gonna be very interesting to see what we do with the centres without both Cobbo and Staggs. We could see Sailor on the wing with Mariner and Arthars in the centres. Sailor will have a crack but he’s a small guy against massive Roosters wingers. I’d be surprised if Mam doesn’t play but Josh Rogers can put straight in if required. Be an interesting option if Kevvie moves Billy since he’s playing so well.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Gonna be very interesting to see what we do with the centres without both Cobbo and Staggs. We could see Sailor on the wing with Mariner and Arthars in the centres. Sailor will have a crack but he’s a small guy against massive Roosters wingers. I’d be surprised if Mam doesn’t play but Josh Rogers can put straight in if required. Be an interesting option if Kevvie moves Billy since he’s playing so well.

They will just bring Cobbo back and move Arthars to replace staggs.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Sailor will be carved up on that edge against Walker, Manu etc
Sure will but I'm not sure there's alot of options really. He's going to have to show us what he's got defensively I guess. There's no way I'd be moving our starting hooker or starting centre to pug a gap in the halves when we have sailor sitting there.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Is cobbo out? I didn't hear kevvie talk about him in the press conference.

Mam sounds like he's out and madden looked like he won't be back for a while.

I think everyone is forgetting about Josh rogers. Running 5/8th who can run, defend and kick. Not the flashiest or the best but swap fletcher baker for sailor to safeguard any poor performance or lack of creativity then it would definitely be the best option for me. Sailor starting would be a disaster I think...

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Need to play better than we did tonight, but the whole team should be out for revenge. Hopefully the Roosters peaked against the Dragons.

We'll need all the strike we can get, because they'll target Walsh (they said after our last game, that all their video sessions was just on Walsh).

A tough game at Suncorp coming up.

Broncos 200 - Roosters 3

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Sailor would be a decent option at 5/8 if both Mam and Madden are out. with Reynolds in the team we only really need a running 5/8

but another option to consider would be Billy at 5/8. which would allow us to give Mozer another taste of first grade.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If Cobbo is out maybe Mariner to centre and Pereria to wing (assuming Staggs gets suspended)

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Sailor would be a decent option at 5/8 if both Mam and Madden are out. with Reynolds in the team we only really need a running 5/8

but another option to consider would be Billy at 5/8. which would allow us to give Mozer another taste of first grade.

Bingo. I don't want to risk Sailor at 6. Either this (Walters at 6), or Rogers.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Billy or Rogers at 6 if Mam and Madden are out.
If Billy give Mozer a crack off the bench, Smoothys been going well this year.
I'd probably also consider carrying Sailor at 17 (that's if Staggs is out and Cobbos back) for this game with how Reynolds and Walsh finished the tigers game.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Let's assume all of Cobbo, Staggs, Mam and Madden are out, I am absolutely positive they will go:

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Mariner
4. Arthars
5. Karapani
6. Walters
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Smoothy
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Hetherington
16. Willison
17. Baker

I feel for Madden, he was starting to show quite a bit.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
Very concerned about our left edge against Manu.

Mam must have a broken finger if he's out for a period - the way Walters answered the question about him was pretty clear he's definitely no good for next week.

Hopeful Mozer into the mix - but expecting Rogers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Hoof Hearted
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • broncoscope
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.