11 A. Crichton 2 8 1 2 3 4 20 2 0 18 2 1 10m 144m 0 0
12 N. Butcher 0 0 0 0 1 1 30 2 0 9 1 0 0m 72m 0 2
13 C. Watson 1 4 1 1 2 0 45 0 0 14 2 1 30m 92m 0 0
14 S. Wong 0 0 0 0 0 0 15 3 0 6 0 0 0m 37m 2 0
16 E. Butcher 0 0 0 0 1 1 23 1 0 7 0 0 0m 54m 0 0
17 T. May 2 8 0 2 4 0 26 0 0 16 0 0 0m 119m 0 1
19 S. Tupouniua 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 5 0 0 0m 47m 0 0
21 S. Smith 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0m 0m 0 0

G'day all. Our season reminds me of WB or rather his advice. The directions he provided work equally well on the field as they do in life.

He counselled practice well and thoroughly, go in to each situation without expectations yet prepared to accept the outcome, whatever it may be. A 'freeing up' if you will.

The Broncos need, like every other year to simply do the fundamentals well. Hard, directed practice and play without regard for the outcome.

A former world snooker champion was asked how he played like it was a weekday practice game during the World Titles and that was his philosophy too. Stop being concerned about the silverware, the public, the friends expectations and go and play like it's your last game ever. Have some fun, do your best and let the chips fall as they may.

KW's job is to free them up, depresurise the situation. Get them back to having fun.
Nice to see you posting again. Been too long.

There's a clip from a bronco training session a couple years back, where kevie stopped the session, gave the players a spray for being fancy. Told them straight up that they don't have the right to be fancy; that their football basics aren't good enough to be fancy.

I hope kevie going forward, channels that. Stalking the training sessions with all his premiership rings glistening. A big stick, ready to beat the next player trying a high risk, costly play.

I'm a fan of champagne rugby league, but you categorically have to earn the right to do that. Given our game to game injury drama, please just play safe football.

Might be boring, but I'd rather gallant, stoic loses over the current shit show we keep pumping out.

Please kevie, stalk that field with a stick. These Broncos need to stop reading their fan mail. Looking at you Reece Walsh.

I believe we have the foundations for a premiership, just not the maturity.

Nice to see you posting again. Been too long.

There's a clip from a bronco training session a couple years back, where kevie stopped the session, gave the players a spray for being fancy. Told them straight up that they don't have the right to be fancy; that their football basics aren't good enough to be fancy.

I hope kevie going forward, channels that. Stalking the training sessions with all his premiership rings glistening. A big stick, ready to beat the next player trying a high risk, costly play.

I'm a fan of champagne rugby league, but you categorically have to earn the right to do that. Given our game to game injury drama, please just play safe football.

Might be boring, but I'd rather gallant, stoic loses over the current shit show we keep pumping out.

Please kevie, stalk that field with a stick. These Broncos need to stop reading their fan mail. Looking at you Reece Walsh.

I believe we have the foundations for a premiership, just not the maturity.
You may well be right with that last paragraph. Again I reference WB and his view that it's a simple game. Simple games have simple basics. We need those fundamentals to be unshakeable and I too will happily take a player, even a limited one who makes a tradesman job.

My heart has always been with the tough no-nonsense reliable forwards. Like WB always did, I'd pick my pack first with reliability key. The other thing, only fit to play guys get a run. Yes, I do understand the devastation of injuries in a season and the knock-on effects.

17 fit guys is better than 12 and 5 at 75% which is how it looks by half time if you take the field with broken bodies.

We got away with one where they made a break down our right hand side and Walsh grabbed one of the support runners shirts holding hi
The obsession with carrying a back on the bench needs to stop.
I forgot we signed a second rower. That’s enough coverage.

We got away with one where they made a break down our right hand side and Walsh grabbed one of the support runners shirts holding hi

I forgot we signed a second rower. That’s enough coverage.
We absolutely need a back rower on the bench who can play in the backs but I wouldn’t be having a back just sitting on the bench. Shifting our edge forwards needs to be a last resort from
Now on

It's a shame that the quickest and most agile bloke on the planet would rather throw speculative passes or chip kicks and grubbers to the opposition rather than create endless highlight reels by beating teams with his pace. Even if he doesn't make the break, he's still going to get a quick play the ball.

Kevvie said a few weeks back he's been telling Reece just to run, so that must be going in one ear and out the other.

I'll take exception to this.

Wtf?! I've been asking for solid, just do your role.

Reece Walsh lost us this game. It's his, lack of respect for the situation that puts us under pressure.
Not sure what is but he is definitely contact shy. He doesn't want to go down with the ball. Unsure if he is worried about missing Origin or the facial fracture made him gun shy. Maybe he has never liked contact. But the good teams will be honing in on it if he doesn't start taking on the line. It seems crazy to be saying this as he obviously does at times and scores freak tries. I am focusing on the runs that are not big plays, the ones that often end with him pushing something stupid.

If he is to be a top fullback he needs to be able to get dirty and take a tough carry here and there.

Not sure what is but he is definitely contact shy. He doesn't want to go down with the ball. Unsure if he is worried about missing Origin or the facial fracture made him gun shy. Maybe he has never liked contact. But the good teams will be honing in on it if he doesn't start taking on the line. It seems crazy to be saying this as he obviously does at times and scores freak tries. I am focusing on the runs that are not big plays, the ones that often end with him pushing something stupid.

If he is to be a top fullback he needs to be able to get dirty and take a tough carry here and there.
He was doing it last year as well so I don't think it's the facial fracture.

It's probably just that he thinks he can create something on every single run. Even when he does take a run it's not often that he doesn't have the arms free for an offload.

I don't necessarily want him out there taking tough carries in yardage... that's just asking for him to pick up injuries (look at Paps)... I just want him to take the tackle and die with the ball once in awhile.

Far too often he just refuses to take the tackle and then forces something.

What do you get when you blow smoke up a 21 year old kid’s ass?!
You get a performance like Friday night.
Walsh plain and simple tried to be a
H-E-R-O.
Maybe it was Vossy’s “Reeciples” article bullshit or just that he thinks he can do it alone, not sure….
Walsh needs to learn from this and play FOR the team., not with the team.

it's not all that, all our wingers can play centre(Arthars and Mariner are centres mostly in their careers), none of our second rowers are suitable for centre, which is an issue considering in theory the positions are not that different, we do have Staggs who is a centre with backrow and even some middle experience, but Cobbo is more a Spine/Outside back type, that said Staggs has more Half experience, but Cobbo has played more Fullback than outside back before first grade, both of them are excellent defensively though so they are not the issue here, it's when they are moved from centre to wing.

The issue is we have big backrowers who can't play centre, alot of teams have the centre sized back rowers and it's not an issue but for us it's obvious because we have gone size for basically all forward positions.

Centre is probably the hardest defensive position in the game to understand though, it requires a decent amount of agility to get the best out of the role defensively which rules out alot of the bigger backrowers not capable of that.

I think the size issue can't be helped but it's a trainable situation defensively, I think there has been too many situations this season already to ignore it, our backrowers need centre defensive training.

Some are natural at it, Capewell comes to mind, but most Require some training at it, I don't think we can ignore this any longer.
We could always try Delouise Hoiter as a bench centre, wing, second row cover. At the least you could bring Katoni in to second row and place Hoiter in the centre. But I am not sure how he is going form wise or injury wise.

He was doing it last year as well so I don't think it's the facial fracture.

It's probably just that he thinks he can create something on every single run. Even when he does take a run it's not often that he doesn't have the arms free for an offload.

I don't necessarily want him out there taking tough carries in yardage... that's just asking for him to pick up injuries (look at Paps)... I just want him to take the tackle and die with the ball once in awhile.

Far too often he just refuses to take the tackle and then forces something.
Yeah I don't necessarily want him taking shit hit ups but would like to see him willing to take them or at least die with the ball as you say. I am not trying to bash the kid either as I think he is an exceptional talent. Just want him to develop the toughness/patience that Darren had.

It's been spoken about by another poster. Reece's attacking prowess, takes the spotlight off his short comings. Reece's immaturity is on full display season 24. Nathan brown whilst warrior coach spoke of this. Reece left the Broncos because he couldn't wait.

Reece is a superstar! Kevin Walter's needs to rein him in. Wings need to be clipped. Reece needs to fit into a team. The immaturity of Walsh is for everyone to see. Love to hear Billy Slater's view of 2024 Walsh.

Gosiewski is looking to me like an astute signing, we need him at 17 I think moving forward. A guy who is a legit second rower who can also play in the middle and centres to at least a competent level is like gold these days.
Totally forgot he just started with us. He could fit that role perfectly going forward.

We could always try Delouise Hoiter as a bench centre, wing, second row cover. At the least you could bring Katoni in to second row and place Hoiter in the centre. But I am not sure how he is going form wise or injury wise.
Unfortunately Hoeter done his ACL so he's gone for the year

What do you get when you blow smoke up a 21 year old kid’s ass?!
You get a performance like Friday night.
Walsh plain and simple tried to be a
H-E-R-O.
Maybe it was Vossy’s “Reeciples” article bullshit or just that he thinks he can do it alone, not sure….
Walsh needs to learn from this and play FOR the team., not with the team.
Reece is 100% reading his socials. That's the problem. Too caught up in tik tok...

I’ve got a confession to make. It’s my fault we played so poorly on Friday night. I started looking at accommodation for the grand final in Sydney on Friday morning and I guess it spooked the team into playing like busted arses.

Sure was a coaching problem, lost backs last week and Walters didn't learn anything. Sailor should be there to cover all back positions plus hooker.Walters average son can't play 80mins so compensates with extra hooker on the bench, even the 18th man was also a prop? Our second phase play and off loads were non existence Mam and Walsh are the most dynamic players yet not running off our forwards.
Need a young talented halfback and good number 9 and this team would be untouchable.

Welcome aboard T .
Those are some strong words you are throwing around there . A little controversial too I must say .

Again I reference WB and his view that it's a simple game. Simple games have simple basics. We need those fundamentals to be unshakeable and I too will happily take a player, even a limited one who makes a tradesman job.

That`s Waynes way .
We are doin it Kevvie style . They didn`t bring Lee Briers in as attack coach to play Bennet ball .

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Harry Sack
  • Jedhead
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Gaz
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • Cavalo
  • broncos4life
  • Alec
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Broncosarethebest
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Spooky1013
  • Old Mate
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.