Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
A lot of players need to improve to be honest. I'd gonna put Wallace as number 1 though, his Origin career so far has made someone like Brett White or Josh Perry look like a Shane Webcke.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Hunt needs a big game tonight to drop the big game choker tag he currently possesses. He was good in the first half in game one but did very little in the second - he needs to take it by the scruff, if he is capable of that. He either solidifies his position tonight or loses it for the foreseeable future (beyond this year).

He was once the master of blind side raids, it's pretty much non existent in his game anymore. You can also tell when he starts to struggle when the 5th tackle bombs start happening nearly every set regardless if he's 50 metres out or 30.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
A lot of players need to improve to be honest. I'd gonna put Wallace as number 1 though, his Origin career so far has made someone like Brett White or Josh Perry look like a Shane Webcke.

Napa and Wallace need to have the game of their lives tonight if QLD are to win.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
I was confident NSW would take game one, and confident we would make the necessary adjustments to square the ledger in game 2.

Slater back is a tremendous in, Morgan was serviceable in Melbourne but offered little threat in attack. Billy will open up options and keep them guessing.

I expect we will also get a better rub from the refs than some would think. Cynical of me, but from a business perspective, a live decider at Suncorp is absolute bank for tickets, merchandise and PR. Would not be the first time business has had a heavy say in sporting outcomes. Similarly, I expect the Blues to get a leg up in game 3.

Forward pack needs to stand up and be counted. When Moose is leading in his first game back from a six week lay-off, questions have to be asked of their efforts. Wallace, Napa and Hess need to pull their fingers out big time.

Should be a good game. Put me down for QLD by 8.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Officially 7:40

Oh wow, it actually is! I was all like, Foordy must be taking the piss, but I've just checked myself haha.

Knowing Origin though, it'll be late.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Ponga for a blinder when he comes on but sadly NSW to win 24-8

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
NSW will flog us.

It's their year.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
To me, if Slater ever wants to be an Immortal and wants to be known as the best fullback to have ever played, then he needs to win QLD this series.

No Cronk, no Smith, no Thurston, no Locky. Now is his time to prove he is the best.

Good point. Lockyer, Thurston & Smith have all dragged us to wins that we otherwise seemed no hope of achieving. Slater, like Cronk, seems to only be able to perform when being surrounded by these others.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Whats the hell is going on with fox sports. Just me or are their reporters standing infront of a green screen pretending to be out the front of the stadium .

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Good point. Lockyer, Thurston & Smith have all dragged us to wins that we otherwise seemed no hope of achieving. Slater, like Cronk, seems to only be able to perform when being surrounded by these others.

Huh? How many times did Smith play without one of Locky, Thurston, Cronk or Slater around him?

Slater has won plenty of Origin games, scoring points and saving them. 2008 Game three, 2011 Game one - 2010 Game three saved a very important try.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Huh? How many times did Smith play without one of Locky, Thurston, Cronk or Slater around him?

Slater has won plenty of Origin games, scoring points and saving them. 2008 Game three, 2011 Game one - 2010 Game three saved a very important try.

Not just Origin. Career-wise.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Yeah but you said 'us' meaning QLD I presume. **** him doing it for the Storm, but he's done it for QLD for sure.

Yeah true. I’ve forgotten what I’ve based my argument on now.

PS, Slater is looking like he is making a massive difference.

Last edited:
holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Yeah true. I’ve forgotten what I’ve based my argument on now.

PS, Slater is looking like he is making a massive difference.

He's an immortal in waiting imo already. He and Locky are the best fullbacks to play the game.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • bazza
  • Fitzy
  • leon.bott
  • Mister Wright
  • Santa
  • broncoscope
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Locky24
  • davidp
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.