International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Oh nice England get the option of yet another new ball

Bish

Bish

QCup Player
May 11, 2023
Honestly as a Pom, I think a drawn series is the least England deserve from this series.

Won’t complain about not regaining the ashes, too many mistakes made at vital times, but I’ll say this….

I’d rather lose seeing a team trying to win, than a team lose trying not to.

Two teams that want to actually win=great Ashes cricket

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Cummins trying to hit us there and bottom edges a pull to Stokes

That’s game

Bish

Bish

QCup Player
May 11, 2023
Cummins trying to hit us there and bottom edges a pull to Stokes

That’s game
Not so sure mate

New ball taken…. 30 mins of 20-20 cricket by the Aussies and this ball can fly around the ground…. If it gets to less than 50 with still 2 wickets left…….,,,,

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
And Broad gets the last wicket.

Thanks **** the series is over

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
In a way I’m glad the only association Neser has with the shithouse performances in most of this series is that he wasn’t picked

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Our batting past Head was basically non existent barring the odd innings from Marsh and Pat Cummins, Carey toiled away too but didn’t really make his mark with the bat. To win a best of 5, we needed consistency and we didn’t get it.

Glad the series is over to be perfectly honest, 2-2 away from home is a decent result but it says more about England, Anderson will go down at one of the greats for his longevity in the game but he barely made any impression on that team with the ball. He should be looking at making the same decision Stuart Broad has just made.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I’m not going to be harsh on them for once with that innings. It was a very close series the whole way through and really, if one team had taken the momentum swing when it presented itself, they would have motored away.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many dropped catches in a series, the standard across the five tests from Australia especially was so poor and ultimately cost them this test by letting Brooks get 80 bonus runs. Crawley also has to be the luckiest man alive this series. I’ve never seen a batsman mishit so many balls and make so many runs.

But I wanted to see fight and the Aussies did that this innings. That ball change completely screwed their chase, that replacement was unplayable for about 15 overs and allowed them to rip out the top order and shut Australia down. It’s actually a credit to Smith and Head they lasted so long, that ball was a grenade.

In the end it was a great series but honestly, of a lower standard that it should have been, especially from Australia and that cost them the overall win.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
England can have their moral victory, Bazball was exposed as was their spirit of cricket. If the ball isn’t swinging whinge until they change it

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
England really should have won that series. They shot themselves in the foot with their arrogance, a real life sporting Hubris moment declaring in day 1.

Suck it, we retain the urn. 🖕

Active Now

• Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncorob
  • Swordfish
  • Lurker
  • Lostboy
  • Fatboy
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • TimWhatley
  • Kev_Guz
  • broncsgoat
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.