2009/2010 NFL Thread

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Clintos said:
Went down to Runaway Bay yesterday to watch the Sting Rays vs the Bears. One of my mates plays for the Bears, otherwise I wouldn't have driven that far.

It was obvious that it was the first game of the season - very scrappy.

Anyone who is interested - next weeks game is at Grosvenor Park, Browns Plains at 4.

What is the comp like? Obviously its not NFL or NCAA, but I have been tossing up giving it a crack. MLB/TE yo!

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Well - to put in in perspective the Australian juniors got beaten 63-0 or something by the USA juniors last year.

It's by no means high quality, but it's good fun. I played one season with the Bears before Uni and work took all my time away.

I was played on both sides, G and DE. Was good fun. You should watch a game.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Kick off at 4 at Grosvenor park today if anyone is interested. I have been here for 20 minutes watching the juniors and I have seen 4 INT's already...haha.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
now that i see it was a trade for a 1st round pick....im pissed off. bad bad move raiders.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Announced a couple of days ago - but I only just read it.

New England Patriots LB Tedy Bruschi announced his retirement today, closing his 13-year career as one of the most productive Patriots players in the team's 50-year history. As a team captain, Bruschi's relentless work ethic and on-field intensity helped set the tone for the entire team.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm? ... 20&pcid=41

I knew the time was coming - but he was my favourite player and will definitely be missed in the Pats' defense. 13 Years with the one club, suffering a stroke and then returning to the NFL, and a player that did a lot for the community. He was the type of player every team should have.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
good to hear. hes a good player. anything that helps the pats succeed less is good news imo.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Junior Seau is talking about a return again too. Haha

Oh, and **** you PWA!

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
haha i know im not alone dude. you either love the pats or really hate them.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Bruschi is a good player, but there is talk of him being a possible HOFer, which I reckon is ridiculous.

He was good, not great.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
haha i know im not alone dude. you either love the pats or really hate them.

True. They're the Manly Sea Eagles of the NFL.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
THE SEASON HAS STARTED!

The Steelers defeated the Titans in OT 13-10.

Roethlisberger lead the way with 33/43 for 363 yards and a TD.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
I watched the first ten minutes of the game and Pittsburgh were just all over the Titans.
Stoked that I can now watch games on One HD. It sucked to miss every game of the season bar the Super Bowl.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
dukey said:
I watched the first ten minutes of the game and Pittsburgh were just all over the Titans.
Stoked that I can now watch games on One HD. It sucked to miss every game of the season bar the Super Bowl.

Forgot about that. What time was it on?

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
6PM last night.
No more games until Monday Oz time, I have Tuesday off work so I'll be watching the Patriots game at 9AM. Oh yeah.

Active Now

• MasterWright
  • Manlyman
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Scdeac
  • whykickamoocow
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • Maddy
  • Skyblues87
  • Santa
  • BRC088
  • Johnny92
  • johnny plath
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.