2014 Ladies and Gentlemen

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
What are we expecting the team to look like? What needs to be done to ensure a better year than this? Discuss. Would prefer legitimate discussion please.

I'm expecting Barba but with the recent events in Canberra, I'm not 100% sold on Milford coming home.

1. Barba
2. Oates/Kahu
3. Reed
4. Hoffman/Copley
5. Hoffman/Copley
6. Prince
7. Hunt

Is how I'm currently seeing it. I have of course been drinking.....

What are the terms of Kearney's contract? I understand adjusting to a new defensive structure can take time...but a whole season? We're sliding well but through the middle we're exceptionally soft.

Something we also seriously need to look at is our conditioning staff. Our guys looked far too tired, far too often. Every year for the last few seasons we've heard that "this is the strongest Broncos team ever" Pro tip: Strongest, does not mean fittest.

Discuss

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Unless the team is willing to enter the 21st century completely revamping out defensive structure, it doesn't really matter who we sign, the best teams will still beat us.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We will have a pretty good side I think.

1.Barba
2.Kahu
3.Copley
4.Reed
5.Hoffman
6.Milford
7.Hunt
8.Kennedy
9.McCullough
10.McGuire
11.Gillett
12.Thaiday
13.Parker

14.Glenn
15.Hannant
16.Oates
17.Dodds/Tasi/Granville

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
The Cowboys were a good example of what happens to a team with a seriously good roster and a coach who couldn't make use of it.

We talk on these forum seeming to expect a few classy players will turn it all around next year.

We should think again. When you watch the good teams play you see above all else, organization and discipline, urgency and a "brutal" commitment to get on top of the opposition. You see a team of hard men playing hard ball - as a team.

If we honestly believe Barba and Milford and Kennedy (or whoever) will turn our fortunes around just like that, I think we will all be in for a rude shock.

I agree 249%. The problems with our team go way deeper than just signing a couple of flashy players that can sniff out a try.

Last edited:
M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
With Hunt hopefully our half next year and if we sign Milford, Barba ( even Prince) for the other halves position I wouldn't mind seeing (as much as it hurts me to say) Johns as our halves coaching consultant, he does have a very good football brain.

As for Kearney, well something has to be done. Does Ryan want to come home too???

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
1. Milford
2. Kahu
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Hoffman
6. Barba
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Thaiday
16. Kennedy
17. Dodds/Hala/Tasi/Lui

Edit: I may change my mind about which of Barba and Milford I'd have at Five-Eighth depending on how Milford plays at Five-Eighth for the Raiders for the rest of this season

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Agree that Hook and Kearney need to go. Also need to hire a dietician, all year we have looked alot chubbier than our competition. If you look at the coaches of the top 4 sides they're all calm and collected when they need to be and irate when they need to be... Hook and co just seem to be mates with all the players and not willing to give their backsides a kicking when they are playing lazy football.. Not to mention young players need someone to follow as a captain.... Sammy is a top player but he also likes a pie and really needs to start showing that the players he leads are his troops.. enough with the jokes Sammy, your a captain of the greatest, proudest rugby league club in the world... act accordingly.

Holly Frail has been the dietitian since the first year.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
1. Milford
2. Kahu
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Hoffman
6. Barba
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Thaiday
16. Kennedy
17. Dodds/Hala/Tasi/Lui

Edit: I may change my mind about which of Barba and Milford I'd have at Five-Eighth depending on how Milford plays at Five-Eighth for the Raiders for the rest of this season

I like it. I'd pick Dodds or Stagg at 17, just to improve our defence.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
1. Milford
2. Kahu
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Hoffman
6. Barba
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Thaiday
16. Kennedy
17. Dodds/Hala/Tasi/Lui

No way I'd pick Copley over Oates irrespective of what position

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I like it. I'd pick Dodds or Stagg at 17, just to improve our defence.

I think Stagg might retire, but yeah I'd certainly have Dodds as #1 option at the moment out of those 4.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
No way I'd pick Copley over Oates irrespective of what position

I agree in the sense that Oates has natural talent, you can tell just by watching him, but I just don't think he has the necessary speed and skills under the high ball to be an instant pick in the centres or on the wing, if he works hard in the off-season and really improves, I'd happily have him ahead of Dale.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Oates will get his chance once we hopefully don't re-sign Thaiday.

As much as I agree with the sentiment, you're dreaming. He's the captain. We'll never let him go, even though he's an old buck who needs to be taken to the back paddock and shot.

Wait, did I say "even though"? I meant "even when". Yes, that's what I meant.

Last edited:
LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Just checked, I thought he was off contract next year, but it's the one after. Same time as Glenn. I reckon we'll lose one of them.

Well...Glenn is future captain by the club's own admission, so maybe they will let Sam go?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Well...Glenn is future captain by the club's own admission, so maybe they will let Sam go?

I hope we keep both. We know what we want, or rather, who we don't want.

Thaiday and Glenn are in my book just 2 examples of seriously good players in desperate need of a good coach

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Glenn has been disappointing also this year .....

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Mustafur
  • Painin the Haas
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.