2018 NRL Side

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Guys what do you think about Patrick Moga from cowboys? He was good in his first game against panthers last week. He look similar to Jason taumalolo.
Is Patrick Mago not Moga. Decent first showing.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Guys what do you think about Patrick Moga from cowboys? He was good in his first game against panthers last week. He look similar to Jason taumalolo.

Have met him, came across as a c*ck of the highest order. But maybe he was just having a bad day...

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
This manly-dogs game is boring the hell out of me so I thought I could entertain myself by thinking of possible bargain buys for us for next year:

If Bennett decides to move Oates to the forwards and bird plays lock we may need another depth back who can play multiple positions to cover us there as we'd be down 2 starting backs: Beale, Montoya, brenko Lee (ps: I am not asking if moving bird/Oates in to the forwards is a good option, just suggesting options if Bennett goes down that path)

I think we need an experienced prop for depth as well as lodge to ensure consistency and depth in our forwards: lillyman, tagatese, tolman, latimore, vete, tyrell

And of course halves & hooker cover/depth to compensate the losses of Hunt and Marshall: Jnik, Nona, lichaa (terrible player now but he used to have talent everyone said so Bennett may be able to get something out of him as a back up hooker), t Roberts (may be out of our price range), feeney, Clydesdale, mcrone... if we sign a pure hooker we will need a half cover as well out of them...

Just ideas. None of them players who would be in our top 17 guaranteed (Lillyman and t Roberts possibly) but Bennett can polish up also ran players into gold quite easily. More for depth. All players are either off contract or the play at the dogs and may be on the market because of their situation. Thoughts?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
And of course halves & hooker cover/depth to compensate the losses of Hunt and Marshall: Jnik, Nona, lichaa (terrible player now but he used to have talent everyone said so Bennett may be able to get something out of him as a back up hooker), t Roberts (may be out of our price range), feeney, Clydesdale, mcrone... if we sign a pure hooker we will need a half cover as well out of them...

giphy.gif

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Also adding mosby (down the pecking order at the cowboys but has speed and talent), fai fai loa, parcell (doubt he'd come back to be a bench hooker though again and like it or not Bennett won't shift Macca easily) and possibly some English forwards or halves/hookers to the list?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I'd take a crack at Tom Burgess... it was said earlier in the year that he cops shit for errors but it's actually George making all the errors and Tom gets lumped in because their identical.

Bunnies may be looking to offload them although Russell loves all the Burgess.

The main thing for finding a bargain is looking for a talent that has lost their way... not someone who never had talent in the first place tolman and lillyman are in that category for me.

Nona, Jnik and Beale would be good options to look at.

I'd be surprised if GC didn't chase Beale hard. Sounds like he has no deals in Sydney so he might be looking to come back. He would give them decent fullback cover if they can offload Hayne plus he covers wing, center, fullback and can play 6 in a pinch

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
How do the GC have any more money on the cap, seriously? They've got Hayne, probably Procter, and Peats on extreme amounts, and have gone around signing fringe first graders for stupid amounts of money (Taylor, Wallace, Arrow, etc).

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'd take a crack at Tom Burgess... it was said earlier in the year that he cops shit for errors but it's actually George making all the errors and Tom gets lumped in because their identical.

It's actually Tom making all of the errors with nearly 3 times as much as George.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Tom Burgess - 17 errors, 7 penalties conceded
George Burgess - 6 errors, 5 penalties conceded

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Tom Burgess - 17 errors, 7 penalties conceded
George Burgess - 6 errors, 5 penalties conceded
It was earlier in the year so maybe Tom has lost his way... Tom has played more time than George though and only 2 extra penalties... :smile::smile:

Just saying there is potential in there, they're big bullocking props and Bennett is the current poms coach. I think if you're looking for a bargain he may not be the worst to look at

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Two players who would be good have as back up would be Will Smith from the Eels and Shaun Lane from Manly

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.