2019 Broncos Line-up

This. Macca isn't an 80min hooker IMO, the reality is, effective 80min hookers are fairly rare. He also needs that pressure.......that a guy who's currently only playing 25-30mins a game to give him a rest, could take his spot.

I’m somewhere between here and “leave Andrew alone”. He does seem to play better when someone is putting pressure on his position.

I’m saying that, again, people are worrying about MCullough’s attack when, as a team, we’ve proven conclusively to be able to score points. We struggle in defence, particularly when we are starved of the ball.

In those situations, Segeyaro would be far worse. He is not in the same league as Macca defensively, and is far less consistent, he can do some dumb shit. We’d just have the pressure compounded. With a fair share of possession, with momentum built, Segeyaro would be better than Macca, yes, at least in short bursts, but with pressure and momentum we already have the players we need to score points, even with Macca, so it kind of makes Segeyaro redundent, at least as a replacement.

I’m saying that, again, people are worrying about MCullough’s attack when, as a team, we’ve proven conclusively to be able to score points. We struggle in defence, particularly when we are starved of the ball.
We averaged 35.3 points in games without McCullough this year with a win record of 100% vs 21.3 points and a win record of 54.5% with him. This was with his replacements being McGuire, Glenn and Turpin. Maybe we should keep McCullough, but his job needs to be under serious pressure. We need to sign viable alternatives instead making do with non-ball playing forwards and guys coming off the bench at Qld cup level.

Last edited:
He isn't! Some people just expect way to much

We expect the qld origin dummy half and heir to cam smith to provide more than just tackling. I guess it is too much to ask from Macca.

We averaged 35.3 points in games without McCullough this year with a win record of 100% vs 21.3 points and a win record of 54.5% with him. This was with his replacements being McGuire, Glenn and Turpin. Maybe we should keep McCullough, but his job needs to be under serious pressure. We need to sign viable alternatives instead making do with non-ball playing forwards and guys coming off the bench at Qld cup level.
Against which teams though?

We scored 24 against the Rabbitohs in round 8
34 against a terrible Titans team
22 against the Roosters

He played 71 minutes against the Panthers in the single game we played against them this year

Yeah it’s expecting too much to want consistent quality service out of dummy half and to read the game better..

Good players can be used in the wrong way though and I think that's what's happened with Macca. We have dulled his game by turning him into an 80min tackling machine.

Good players can be used in the wrong way though and I think that's what's happened with Macca. We have dulled his game by turning him into an 80min tackling machine.
So who's faults that?

So who's faults that?

The coach if everyone is fit. Its his game plan and he picks the players. Problem we do have is we dont really have a viable alternative to Macca.

Typical.

We start the season away again (how many years is that now??), cows get to start the year at home, Sydney Derby on Sunday and Friday.

Eels finish with the spoon and get rewarded with Ch 9 Sunday game.. WTF??

Why the NRL start their biggest crowd drawing team away from home when they're constantly criticised for poor attendance is beyond me.

You'd think they would put us on Friday primetime at Suncorp where we could draw 30-40k but nah send them to Melbourne on Thursday

Typical.

We start the season away again (how many years is that now??), cows get to start the year at home, Sydney Derby on Sunday and Friday.

Eels finish with the spoon and get rewarded with Ch 9 Sunday game.. WTF??

Why the NRL start their biggest crowd drawing team away from home when they're constantly criticised for poor attendance is beyond me.

You'd think they would put us on Friday primetime at Suncorp where we could draw 30-40k but nah send them to Melbourne on Thursday
As a broncos fan i dont like it but its a smart move by the nrl for crowds actually...

If we host the cowboys or the storm or the titans or any club in any round whatsoever we get a big crowd. Every other club bar maybe the knights depend on events such as round 1 or anzac day or heated rivalies to get decent crowds... they need it, we dont...

We scored 24 against the Rabbitohs in round 8
34 against a terrible Titans team
22 against the Roosters

He played 71 minutes against the Panthers in the single game we played against them this year
Sorry, I meant to say Manly instead of Panthers.

As a broncos fan i dont like it but its a smart move by the nrl for crowds actually...

If we host the cowboys or the storm or the titans or any club in any round whatsoever we get a big crowd. Every other club bar maybe the knights depend on events such as round 1 or anzac day or heated rivalies to get decent crowds... they need it, we dont...

Yep. It basically guarantees 2 weeks of decent crowd numbers. I do miss the season kicking off with Broncos V Cows though....

Sorry, I meant to say Manly instead of Panthers.
So we beat two shit teams by big margins and 2 good teams by a small margin? Your average doesn't show that. We could have beaten Manly and the Titans with Waddell at hooker

So we beat two shit teams by big margins and 2 good teams by a small margin? Your average doesn't show that. We could have beaten Manly and the Titans with Waddell at hooker
My average will never conclusively show anything unless we get enough data to make it statistically significant, which will never happen unless we stop making McCullough an automatic selection backed up by the worst depth in the NRL.

We also lost to a lot of terrible teams this year. I'm not saying that having McCullough out is the reason we won those games. I'm saying that having McCullough out was not a detriment, despite us not having NRL-level back-up options, and it is time he re-earned his spot rather than having an insane amount of job security bestowed on him. If he is our best option, what is the downside in making him prove it with legitimate competition?

Active Now

• Behold
  • Jeza23
  • Culhwch
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Horseheadsup
  • The Don
  • ivanhungryjak
  • heartly87
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • HVbronco
  • Fitzy
  • Manofoneway
  • Jazza
  • Ozired
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.