POST GAME [2022 State of Origin - Game 3] QLD vs NSW

This time last year Kev did not see anything in Dearden and went on to release him.

Now he's going to be starting an Origin game.

hope oates didn't throw his back out swinging too hard at drummond with reno the other day, seriously he's an improvement on Murray tho

Dearden will go fine. He won't bring x factor which is where Munster will really be missed but he will make his tackles and support DCE well. He also has a few combinations in the team from both the Cows and Broncs. I like it.

Dearden will go fine. He won't bring x factor which is where Munster will really be missed but he will make his tackles and support DCE well. He also has a few combinations in the team from both the Cows and Broncs. I like it.
I know dearden has been 18th man in other games, but I would have been more inclined to go hunt at 6 (who does have little x-factor) and some experience having to take the game into his own hands when his team is struggling. I would then get reed mahoney in as the second hooker.

Dearden has been playing well in a dominating team, I am concerned about the contribution he could make if qld are in trouble and need something special.

I know dearden has been 18th man in other games, but I would have been more inclined to go hunt at 6 (who does have little x-factor) and some experience having to take the game into his own hands when his team is struggling. I would then get reed mahoney in as the second hooker.

Dearden has been playing well in a dominating team, I am concerned about the contribution he could make if qld are in trouble and need something special.
Yeah I think I would prefer Bhunt in the halves over Dearden... but maybe they'll make that sub at some point in the game anyway.

When Harry comes on, maybe Bhunt goes to 6 and Dearden comes off??

Gotta say I'm on the Bhunt to 5/8 train as well. He's been in the origin arena and knows what its like. And he's been playing some really good footy. Tommy has been good for the cows but boy this is a whole new level.

This now makes it incredibly difficult for qld to win but i actaully don't mind the adversity. It's something QLD teams seem to thrive on. You just get the feeling it will be another chapter in the book of QLD winning the un-winnable.

Ponga will need to play the best game of his career for QLD to have a chance. DCE and Dearden reminds me of the days of Ikin and Berrigan...though obvious better halves at club level, I feel they'll be about as effective here.

Forward domination will be crucial, I think having Oates will help in getting the meters but without forward domination our weaker Halves options are going to be in big trouble, Ponga will need to do alot of 6 work on the edges like he did in Game 1 to take advantage if we win the forward battle to win this.

Both our Halves have a weak kicking game, though if DCE is on it he can be quite accurate atleast.

Was listening to Triple M yesterday and had to endure them trying to justify how Covid has hit them as hard as QLD. They lost Hynes a back up player only.

If Klein keeps the Blues on side in defence we might have a very small chance but if he keeps letting them leave early in defence like in Game 2 were properly screwed. Slater really should have been in the press doing a Fittler and whined about the NSW forwards blatantly blocking defenders access to Cleary on the last tackle.

Hunt will probably play close to 80. The first 20-odd at 9 then the rest of the game at 13. It will add another playmaking dimension which will be needed with Munster out.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.