POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

Commisserations ladies and gents. Hard to stomach another loss like that. It was a great year that should have ended with a premiership. It would have been a great game to look back at the highlights on, but much like 2015, this gets filed away in the never to be viewed again category.

Carrigan and walsh tonight didn’t stand up. Caught up in the hype.

Brutal.

Doesn't get much worse to be honest.

Just remember, we had 2 players with GF experience vs the entire Penrith side.
Its not an excuse but a reminder, and its why they have been so good for the past few seasons.

Good job getting to the end and keeping it close.
Next year boys next year.

Actually going to enjoy a break from the Footy after that.

What shits me the most about that last try was no attempt to even stop Cleary, they just let him run sideways and then inside like he had a hallpass.

They stood back and watch him run all night.

Hey guys, Cowboys fan here but I'm so sorry this has happened. I was supporting the Broncos tonight like I was a hard core fan.. i actually was one once upon a time... Must be a tough one to swallow. I really feel for you guys. Keep the faith.

Cleary put on a halfback exhibition, ours was a corner kicking robot, barely come up with a play all night. Let’s be honest here for a second.

In hindsight taking flegler off when he was the best player on the field was dumb as was taking Riki off for Piakura (no shock that they scored most of their tries down that edge).

Horrific choke. I can’t believe it. Well played and congrats to Cleary and Riff.

I know people think Walsh is the messiah, but he really needs to focus on fullback basics. His defence was terrible, he doesnt seem to organise and his positioning was all over the place. His excellence in attack has kind of masked how poor he is at times. If he wants to be elite, you cant just rely on your attack.

24-8 and Luai and Yeo off the field. Biggest team choke i can remember.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Bish
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.